Pietersen wants IPL chance

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Pietersen wants IPL chance

Cricinfo.com said:
Kevin Pietersen has given the strongest indication yet that England's players are feeling they are getting a rough deal by not being able to take part in the Indian Premier League. While Pietersen remains focussed on his England career he hinted his priorities may change.

Source

I dont get Englishmen. One day they say County > IPL and next day they want to play in IPL. Decide one thing and stick to it.

Pietersen never actually said that, his point has always been that he'll never jeopardise his England career. English players should have the right to play in the IPL, they're missing out on a hell of alot of money not playing in it, Pietersen especially.

I dont get Englishmen. One day they say County > IPL and next day they want to play in IPL. Decide one thing and stick to it.

:clap

I don't care.At last I want to see KP crashing the Bowlers in IPL.:happy

Pietersen never actually said that, his point has always been that he'll never jeopardise his England career. English players should have the right to play in the IPL, they're missing out on a hell of alot of money not playing in it, Pietersen especially.

Kevin Pietersen said:
"I know there is interest and, yes, there have been offers, etc etc, but it's not something I'm particularly interested in."
Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/02/29/ucpietersen129.xml

He has not been totally hypocritical, but he has contradicted himself slightly.

If they write the IPL into the international calender then I'm sure there will be an influx of English players, it's just the majority of our players are very wary about selling out their international and County sides.

Before it gets messy just incorporate it into the international calendar. Start it a little earlier so it doesn't mix with the English summer. It's not ideal, and I don't want it to happen. But we should act before it turns into a bigger farce than it already is. The ICC do farces very well.

Even if there was a gap in the international calendar created (which I think there should not be) do you really see the ECB releasing Flintoff of example?

Why would they risk injury to the player. Besides not sure how much of an influx there would be. Apart from Collingwood and KP would there be any real interest in anyone else?

I agree Kev, I don't think there should be a gap created, but it's inevitable.

Would they release Flintoff? No, but then I don't see Fred being interested in that anyway.

Why does anyone need to play? Everyone just wants money out of it. It's unfortunate that we have one nation missing out, but it lets them focus on the cricket that their selectors are watching, and the games they play for their countries.

The next step is creating a gap, which is followed by an extension in the season, and then eventually you have it as a full season which dominates the whole domestic scene across the world.

Also if you create a gap what happens if a similar series pops up somewhere else? What happens if EPL is created? Do we create 2 gaps in the International calendar? Then what happens if we get one in Australia? 3 gaps?

No, then you get countries competing for players, and not so suddenly international cricket takes a back seat.

Also if you create a gap what happens if a similar series pops up somewhere else? What happens if EPL is created? Do we create 2 gaps in the International calendar? Then what happens if we get one in Australia? 3 gaps?

We address it if and when it occurs.

Users who are viewing this thread