PlanetCricket at the Ashes Cricket 2013 Preview

Why not provide a some previews of something in the game which is not related to the licence issues?
Because it's called Ashes Cricket 2013.

but not even a single detail about the game
What detail don't you know?

Yes - they haven't shown the game - I certainly don't understand why they haven't yet and think it's terrible marketing - but they have provided lots of information about features.

I know but if you are anything like me you will look in the draw or cupboard somewhere and find a whole stack of cd's and dvd's of all the games you have bought in the hope of finding the game that will do the simple job of giving a decent game of cricket....everytime I have said no, not this time, but still...............at the moment it is a sad reflection that my only enjoyment in a cricket game comes from short stints of bowling with Cricket 2004................although I should also mention the excellent games I am having with the still developing Cricket Heroes that has great depth and gameplay.......:

Honestly I'm beyond it now. Thankfully (for my bank balance and sanity) I've learned not to throw money at every game I sort of like the sound of!! :eek: My Steam list was growing at a ridiculous rate. :D

But it says it all that you see plus points from BLC '99 being discussed, let alone Cricket 2004.

Whatever be the case most of us are anyways going to buy it? It's matter of less than a month now

Honestly I'm beyond it now. Thankfully (for my bank balance and sanity) I've learned not to throw money at every game I sort of like the sound of!! :eek: My Steam list was growing at a ridiculous rate. :D

But it says it all that you see plus points from BLC '99 being discussed, let alone Cricket 2004.

I am confident that 2013 will see a new benchmark for future cricket games. I think the future is bright and worth a few more quid!!

success of both the games is pivotal for future cricket titles,
i hope their huge profits gain some attention of ea sports.

I hope that EA stays well clear of it..........

I understand why you say that but EA sports is a slightly different company in the sense that if they did make a cricket game we know it won't be as bad as it was before, just by looking at their current sport titles which they spend a lot of effort on.

also I read on the last page someone said that AC2013 looks like IC2010? :(

Lets just be honest....

We know that codemasters stopped producing Cricket Games is because of piracy. Cricket games are not very popular in a sense compared to FIFA and all other guys. Even though i hate those games and its my personal choice not that offending anyone but my point is piracy is on high in a countries like India and thats why publishers and developers don't get the money they expect to. They put lot of effots in developing the games and yet our people fail to realize this. Let's just buy the original game and ask others to buy original and support the developer so we can have a bright future. If it stays the same i.e Piracy i don't think any company will go out and start making cricket games. A huge profit can be achieved if people buy original game in India and that will really catch the attention of other developers.

I understand why you say that but EA sports is a slightly different company in the sense that if they did make a cricket game we know it won't be as bad as it was before, just by looking at their current sport titles which they spend a lot of effort on.

also I read on the last page someone said that AC2013 looks like IC2010? :(

The only thing good about ea sports is there licences when it comes to cricket, other sports are a very different story.
Ashes 2013 will look a little like ic2010 as they are both cricket games, it should be miles ahead but how good we need to see for are self's.
I will still buy this game but the marketing sucks big time, there is cricket on in England right now and champions trophy is only like 10 days away, now is the time if there is a time.:spy

Yes - they haven't shown the game - I certainly don't understand why they haven't yet and think it's terrible marketing - but they have provided lots of information about features.

I think Chief mentioned the reason long back. I recall asking him why not show something which doesn't have anything to do with licenses and Chief responded the game is "Ashes Cricket" and the first trailer/video/material which comes out will need to have Ashes as the central theme, which in turn can't be shown unless licensing piece is nailed down.

Plus Chief hinted they will wait for IPL to get over before releasing detailed info so most probably the coming week should have some AC 13 info shared with the fans.

The only thing good about ea sports is there licences when it comes to cricket, other sports are a very different story.
Ashes 2013 will look a little like ic2010 as they are both cricket games, it should be miles ahead but how good we need to see for are self's.
I will still buy this game but the marketing sucks big time, there is cricket on in England right now and champions trophy is only like 10 days away, now is the time if there is a time.:spy

Yeah but that was the EA of the past lets say EA did decide to make a cricket game in this generation I'm sure they wouldn't have a shoddy and rubbish cricket game sit next to all their other sport titles, can't see that happening.

Now we're rooting for a large soulless corporation with a proven track record of stupidity to take over the franchise from two small start-up companies who have been generously interacting with us on a personal basis here for months?

...all because there's no pictures?!

Pass the toaster, Dutch.

Now we're rooting for a large soulless corporation with a proven track record of stupidity to take over the franchise from two small start-up companies who have been generously interacting with us on a personal basis here for months?

...all because there's no pictures?!

Pass the toaster, Dutch.

Chief's stay is rather more like 90% Chief and 10% Trickstar/505.i.e He was much more like forum member than a producer.
So I wouldn't say this company was 'generously' interacting with us.:noway

----------

We know that codemasters stopped producing Cricket Games is because of piracy. Cricket games are not very popular in a sense compared to FIFA and all other guys. Even though i hate those games and its my personal choice not that offending anyone but my point is piracy is on high in a countries like India and thats why publishers and developers don't get the money they expect to. They put lot of effots in developing the games and yet our people fail to realize this. Let's just buy the original game and ask others to buy original and support the developer so we can have a bright future. If it stays the same i.e Piracy i don't think any company will go out and start making cricket games. A huge profit can be achieved if people buy original game in India and that will really catch the attention of other developers.

If you are going to talk about piracy then there is this whole another thread for you. So please don't start this again.

You're kidding, right? Chief has been INCREDIBLY generous with his time here along with prompting Ross to get in on the community action. Say what you like about their below average promotional campaign, but Chief has been AMAZING with his time, information, Podcasts, answering your questions...

You've got to be kidding me...

So I wouldn't say this company was 'generously' interacting with us.
I've tried finding out from you exactly what you think he hasn't done to no success, so I'll put it bluntly - you are a totally ungrateful idiot who doesn't deserve the level of time and effort that we are getting.

Go away and come back when the game is out if you're never going to be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread