PlanetCricket Corruption Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
There IS a crisis and it's all to do with power hungry mods.

It wasn't in crisis, it's simply a quiet period, but I tell you what, we could well be on a slippery slope after this thread.

Seeing something like this thread makes me feel so awkward and almost afraid to make any sort of decision now through "fear" of being argued with each and every time I do something. If this is what's going to happen, then frankly it isn't worth my time (or anyone elses for that matter) moderating this forum. I've had enough of it over at Codemasters forums in recent weeks, I am NOT putting up with that again.

manee said:
The focus must be restored to cricket and cricket games. But I don't know how.

We can't restore focus to a particular subject if people don't want to talk about it. To be perfectly honest, can you blame people for avoiding the cricket games forums when the last 3 or 4 games have been shambolic? There are only so many disappointments people can take.

Last edited:
I'd like to add my tuppence. @Colin, the fact that this is not a democracy isn't something I like, but if so many people are projecting their views on this subject, surely there's an underlying message ?

I don't post often, and whenever I do post, I make sure it's something useful. However even I have had so many of my posts deleted it's laughable. What is wrong with voicing your opinions openly on the forum instead of a PM ? I don't agree that the sole reason for the forum being relatively inactive is due to the MODs, but it does play a part.

It wasn't in crisis, it's simply a quiet perioud, but I tell you what, we could well be on a slippery slope after this thread.

Seeing something like this thread makes me feel so awkward and almost afraid to make any sort of decision now through "fear" of being argued with each and every time I do something. If this is what's going to happen, then frankly it isn't worth my time (or anyone elses for that matter) moderating this forum. I've had enough of it over at Codemasters forums in recent weeks, I am NOT putting up with that again.
That's funny, as I feel that is exactly the feeling that members seem to get. It's an interesting see-saw.

We can't restore focus to a particular subject if people don't want to talk about it. To be perfectly honest, can you blame people for avoiding the cricket games forums when the last 3 or 4 games have been shambolic? There are only so many disappointments people can take.
I think a lot of us also have problems with the Cricket Chat Forum, which has seen the bulk of activity over the last few months, especially when there is no appreciable game in the market. This forum has seen many debates and many more debates dying early deaths due to numerous causes that can be traced down to moderation activities.

Finally, ignoring the situation is useless. I think it is far better that it is out in the open, because that makes it evident that more than just one person feels this way. The overwhelming majority of the moderators are not to blame here, in case anyone wants to feel victimized.

I would have posted loads in the WC forum and India vs. Bangladesh threads, but didn't as I couldn't bring myself to express my emotions on a crap performance in such a way that my post being deleted. I mean, I've had posts with the word **** deleted in the cricket chat forum, but the f word tolerated in the ICC forum...

Woah, everyone is getting very much agressive towards staff here, myself and Duff for a few months now have been talking about this topic and i said i wouldnt post much more than my first post in this thread.

I apologies to Colin who i must admit is a rather good and well liked member of staff, but to call duff an inconsitant staff member is a bit disappointing. Duff is liked due to his personality, and is a good staff member because of that!

I believe everyone has gotten away from the point, myself and duff are annoyed at the inconsitency between staff members really is a massive let down, i dont see why people are talking about voting etc. because thats clearly nothing to do with the situation here.

I'm sorry to those who dont like what has said BUT a lot of members feel this way, and dont dare disagree with me...because all day long people moan when a thread is closed etc. So please keep this in context as i feel its important!

why are posts deleted if words are blocked out anyway? Never understood that. Most of the mods are on permanent periods. Ban the mods for a week,see what happens. It would rock! Duff for world president. Cue this message being deleted, 4/1 on kev,Nixon at 10/1 he prefers moderating sigs and swearing :p BA at 50/1 Duff at 500/1 and Zimrahil at a special price of 40/1 to close the thread altogether. Same odds for this bit being removed for off topic content,place your bets people! I want to know Stes opinion. He made the forums didn't he?

Otherwise known as sending mixed messages and not being consistent.
I don't think this thread is an appropriate outlet for these issues and I think its both hypocritical and unacceptable for it to be started by a staff member. There is a procedure in place to deal with these things and after posting a thread like this I don't see how the staff are supposed to get on with their jobs.
I have always said if you have an issue with a moderator, global moderator that isn't resolved PM me. How many PM's on the subject have I received this past month? None.

I'm sad and angry that people have chosen this way of expressing their disatisfaction; both members and staff.

Maybe Simon and Duff wanted to get the members opinion on this, which they can't do if they PM you.

I certainly don't run this forum to come back home and read a thread like this and I will have to consider whether I really want to continuing administering a forum where the members feel free to openly criticise everything about the way we run it and demand such things as elections for moderators.

Whilst I wasn't one of the election brigade, I have to say we aren't criticisng the way you do everything. We are posting some feedback in the feedback forum, which we hope you will take on board.

I agree with Wolf on two counts.

I don't think elections are a good idea. I believe the admins can be trusted to select the right mods although they could be more Oprah Winfrey and less Dr.Evil.

Secondly, this IS the feedback/suggestions forum. Isn't this what you wanted?

Oh god, I knew this would happen sooner or later...

Oh god, I knew this would happen sooner or later...

What would?

Wolf makes two crackers of points there, I've chatted with Colin and he understands why we did it, and enjoys reading these responses, but the fact that some of you are going out naming certain members of staff disappoints both him, as he has a duty to his staff, and i am a bit disappointed to, because its a blatent shout of disrespect.

I just feel the way myself and Duff did this made this a difficult situation for staff, if this thread gets too offtopic they are right to close it :) but if they do people will say they are proving out point, and i understand how difficult it is for them so dont go bashing the guys, just stick to the topic in hand, is the current system of punishment, closure and harshness fair? OR can it be sorted out, which i know full well Colin knows about and is working in favour of members!

If you want this site to go downhill quickly then start electing mods. It'll start off as a popularity contest then turn sinister as people vote only for those that will echo their views.

The mods on here do a tough job for free. If they make a decision then it's normally through careful consideration and through the application of the rules, which, you all agreed to when you signed up. Not every decision is going to be popular nor is every decision going to be 100% correct but they do what they feel they must in order to keep this site moving along and in compliance with the rules.

All people are doing at the moment are dumping on the mods because they don't allow a free for all, trust me now, I've been on sites where this happens and it quickly gets out of hand and even sooner ends up as personal vanity projects for the few or spam heaven for the brainless.

why are posts deleted if words are blocked out anyway? Never understood that. Most of the mods are on permanent periods. Ban the mods for a week,see what happens. It would rock! Duff for world president. Cue this message being deleted, 4/1 on kev,Nixon at 10/1 he prefers moderating sigs and swearing :p BA at 50/1 Duff at 500/1 and Zimrahil at a special price of 40/1 to close the thread altogether. Same odds for this bit being removed for off topic content,place your bets people! I want to know Stes opinion. He made the forums didn't he?

See you've just made my point perfectly, your out to call mods and staff...Staff are people, they each have personalities which make them perfect for the job, Duff as we all know has a joke but also does the business of being a mod, his technique on how he does it can come under the knife but in the end he gets it done, same with everyone, just because Andrew Nixon doesnt share a joke all the time doesnt make him a bad mod, does it?

Anyways this is very much away from the topic, please dont mention names in this way, this thread wasnt made for this, and i know myself and duff are against disrespecting staff, they are here off there own backs to run the forum to a high standard.

Wolf makes two crackers of points there, I've chatted with Colin and he understands why we did it, and enjoys reading these responses, but the fact that some of you are going out naming certain members of staff disappoints both him, as he has a duty to his staff, and i am a bit disappointed to, because its a blatent shout of disrespect.

"Enjoys" is going a bit far.
As I have said already I don't feel that such a thread is helpful to the staff or the members and I have never said that naming certain staff members disappoints me. What disappoints me is people who ought to know better starting a thread like this rather than just sending me their views privately.

just because Andrew Nixon doesnt share a joke all the time doesnt make him a bad mod, does it?
makes for a crap form though, its not even him that annoys me,its the ones that close the threads where interesting conversations are going on even if they are off topic. They know no-one will ever start a new thread on the topic and what does it matter if its off topic? It just means a discussion is going on that isn't in a thread with that name,like bad filing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread