MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I know I kept you all guessing over this for a while, but here's the special exclusive that I was mentioning previously, an interview with the Lead Designer (and PlanetCricket member) Heath Smith. It goes over some important aspects of IC2010 and answers some of the common questions.

My apologies for the sound quality, let me know if you can't understand part of it.

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'd suspect a bit of both. Wouldn't ever have imagined Matt looking like that.

Getting excited about this release now, and then in 2 weeks time, I'll be annoyed at my temporary euphoria over a new game.

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
bad audio quality,too noisy ! can anyone please write down the q&a's ?

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
My apologies for the sound quality, let me know if you can't understand part of it.

Of course we can't understand it, you're Australian. I thought I heard "What's up, skip?" a few times.

Good work, Matt.

kartaus

School Cricketer
Excellent stuff mate! And what better than to have the demo in the background. Could get the feel what the action cam is all about and feels like. Its amazing!

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Was that Dean playing in the background?

Edit: Haha nice cameo, mate. :p

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nice interview mate.. Transmission oops i mean Trickstar did good this year by not being over ambitious. They just took the core of Ashes Cricket 2009 and turned it into a really solid game by making a few adjustment(More tournaments,AI,New Mocaps, Power Stick and Action Cam)... Kudos to them...

Its a shame that due to pirate scumbags this game is not coming on PC :mad: On the contrary i think most of the XBOX 360 games these days are leaked way before pc games, So the excuse for not porting it to pc due to piracy doesnt seem valid. Else they should have made it PS3 only coz thats the only safe System.
For God's sake If you are so concerned about piracy then include a online key activation system this time around. That would eliminated pirates from the Online part.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
We discussed that a bit off camera, PC also just didn't have the sales. Because a pirated copy doesn't necessarily translate in to a sale, the numbers weren't there, PC sales of 09 were a blip in comparison to the Xbox and PS3, let alone the numbers it did on Wii.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
We discussed that a bit off camera, PC also just didn't have the sales. Because a pirated copy doesn't necessarily translate in to a sale, the numbers weren't there, PC sales of 09 were a blip in comparison to the Xbox and PS3, let alone the numbers it did on Wii.

Do you mean it did poorly on the Wii or were immense?

That leads to another question, did you ask them about potential implementation of the Playstation Move?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Do you mean it did poorly on the Wii or were immense?
Immense. :yes

That leads to another question, did you ask them about potential implementation of the Playstation Move?
Yes, they didn't say too much, but I asked them about the potential for the action cam along with the Wii's controls, posing that as the ultimate sort of cricket experience and he mentioned the Move and Natal. I wouldn't think it will be in the next edition of the game, but I think it's certainly something they are thinking about.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
No HUD + Action Cam + PS Move = THe ultimate cricket experience.

It would be like playing in real life.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Grrhh, the flipping pirates should be locked up. I hate it that the anti-piracy laws in India are not as strict as some of european nations. Even if there were laws, the local police doesnt care. They care about the piracy of Movies and Music only when they receive a complaint, but for games they think games doesnt have a big market so they shouldnt waste their time.:facepalm

I have actually saw a Police guy having nice tea inside a pirate's shop where the pirated games are lying everywhere. I was like WTF:eek: . He didnt care.

Trickstar should implement a protection system similar to what Ubisoft ddid with Assassins Creed 2. I know that protection was broken after 2 months but who would take such pain to break such a hard protection for a Cricket game.
Moreover that protection is a pain is arse for original buyers too but we pc gamers had to compromise with that;)

Immense. :yes

Yes, they didn't say too much, but I asked them about the potential for the action cam along with the Wii's controls, posing that as the ultimate sort of cricket experience and he mentioned the Move and Natal. I wouldn't think it will be in the next edition of the game, but I think it's certainly something they are thinking about.

Moving to natal would be ultimate for cricket game. Because cricket is a game where natal could be used to its full potential as user uses all of his body parts while playing cricket(baring some private ones :p).

AngryPixel added 3 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

About what i was doing in pirate's shop?:D

Shop is in the area where most of the computer and console shops are. So i go in that area to buy blank dvd's or other computer hardware. When i read a sign about games on that shop i thought " wow another games shop" but inside it was different, it was flipping pirate shop.

Users who are viewing this thread