ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This game is very exciting, only 8 days left now!

Has anyone noticed then when you get a wicket the fielders actually celebrate.
And the Umpire decision on the big screen is a nice touch too.

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
the game looks promising and if Codies stick with the Trickstar team then I am sure that with every new release they will come up with a better game like EA has done with Fifa.
cheers
:cheers

thanks Matt for the wonderful interview.

superfreddie

Club Captain
I'm so impressed with how the fielders react to the ball even when the ball goes past them, like the keeper diving when first slip took the catch. Watched the video a few times now and get more impressed with the game each time:happy

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
A very impressive interview. I am happy how heath stressed about improvement in AI. Thats what I am most interested in.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Action cam is great.| But I do concern for, if, the ball is bowled down the legside considering the action cam is slightly a bit to the off side of the batsman, It is going down unseen when it's bowled or the action cam adjusts itself to the visibility for the player?

Too much for a cam to move out of place when the judging of the ball can verily get altered.

Or is it that we can push the action cam from the default position to fit in like a first-person view?

Elaboration please. :)

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
Action cam is great.| But I do concern for, if, the ball is bowled down the legside considering the action cam is slightly a bit to the off side of the batsman, It is going down unseen when it's bowled or the action cam adjusts itself to the visibility for the player?

Too much for a cam to move out of place when the judging of the ball can verily get altered.

Or is it that we can push the action cam from the default position to fit in like a first-person view?

good observation mate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am also a tad disappointed that newer batting strokes and bowling styles (or animations) are not introduced. i hope Heath will implement them in the next release. afterall, the modern players are coming up with intelligent new techniques every time they march out to play.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach

It's very well-designed and well thought out, so I doubt there'll be that problem. Different things go transparent as the cursor goes behind them - like the stumps, so I'd imagine that the same would happen to the player if the cursor was behind him.

By the way, there are couple of goodies on the way re: IC2010. I think it's going to be on ITN News at some point (might already have been on today) and Sky Sports News (again, might have already been on).

How do I know this? I was at a press day today with none other than Stuart Broad. My second favourite event of the day:

Stuart Broad is playing IC2010, batting as himself...
MCC Media Manager (or something): Stuart, are you ready for the next one [interview]?

Stuart Broad: Can I just finish the over?

My favourite bit of the day will be revealed at a later date, possibly in moving picture format...

EDIT: Just want to add that my day out was courtesy of Codemasters. Cracking bunch of lads (and possibly ladies, but they may not have been Codies folk). When I get the pictures, I'll do a nice write-up of it all, if anyone's interested.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Haha love that Broad bit and of course we are interested LC, anything you can write up or any pictures you post will be GREATLY appreciated.

BTW, I know you are mostly a PC gamer, will IC10 convince you to buy a console?

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Haha love that Broad bit and of course we are interested LC, anything you can write up or any pictures you post will be GREATLY appreciated.

BTW, I know you are mostly a PC gamer, will IC10 convince you to buy a console?

After I found out it is console only, I bought a PS3 (timing was good as my mate had one to sell quite cheap). I'm not really a big gamer to tell you the truth - I only really play cricket games, F1 games, GTA4 and most recently Red Dead Redemption. I can't find the time to play loads of games like I used to be able to when I was younger.

Another thing happened today which is probably worth pointing out to people who read this forum. Steve Finn popped in late in the day, and him a Broad were having a chat about the game...

Finn: Is it good?
Broad, excitedly: Yeah. I hit like 28 off an over!
Finn: Ha, cool.

This kind of summed up to me where we (as PC members) stand in the whole spectrum of things. I guess we're after a cricket simulation, whereas almost everyone else is after a fun game. Big difference, and it makes it bloody impossible for TG/CM to cater to everyone's tastes, and kudos to them for trying.

And by the way, I was sat listening to Aggers and Bumble commentating, and it didn't get remotely boring, purely because Bumble is such a hero!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm thinking that I'm going to end up buying a PS3.

@Tom - did you ask Broady for a signed photo of the famous photoshoot for Gas?

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I'm thinking that I'm going to end up buying a PS3.

@Tom - did you ask Broady for a signed photo of the famous photoshoot for Gas?

In all truth, he signed one of my balls, which I can't give to Gas.

Unfortunately I didn't really get much of a chance to have a chat or anything, because by the time he's finished I needed to get back home. Did I mention this was at Lord's? In the Media Centre? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread