PlanetCricket Exclusive Interview with IC10 Lead Designer Heath Smith

srk121

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Did you get chance to play the game at all tom?

pretty scared by the comment from broad about him hittin 28 runs in an over, was he playing against AI or multiplayer?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I suspect it was on a low difficulty level. There won't be an issue with the game being too easy especially with HUD off.

srk121

International Coach
I suspect it was on a low difficulty level. There won't be an issue with the game being too easy especially with HUD off.

I really do hope that is not the case.. Let see how the reviews pends out. Looking forward to them.

P

pcfan123

dude it was Broad playing in front of reporters in a press box, of course it was on low difficulty, they dont want to see him play leaves and defensive shots.

To add more, like LC says the game is not exactly tailor made for PC users, we are the hard core nuts , the purists if you will. That being said we are a minority.

I think this will be a much better balance between the casual gamer and the cricket sim than AC09 was.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Oh yeah sorry, it was on easy. I forgot to mention that. It was interesting though watching some other people play on easy difficulty and struggle a bit, so it's not as ridiculously easy as us on PC might think.

srk121

International Coach
Oh yeah sorry, it was on easy. I forgot to mention that. It was interesting though watching some other people play on easy difficulty and struggle a bit, so it's not as ridiculously easy as us on PC might think.

Oh okey that makes sense now. I am just hoping to have a game which has a balance. Action Cam does look good. Thanks for the info Tom.

Brook

Club Captain

To be fair though the first time I played Ashes (on the demo) I got absolutely *****. Didn't stop the game becoming a cakewalk.

hsmith1978

Trickstar Games Representative
It's very well-designed and well thought out, so I doubt there'll be that problem. Different things go transparent as the cursor goes behind them - like the stumps, so I'd imagine that the same would happen to the player if the cursor was behind him.

By the way, there are couple of goodies on the way re: IC2010. I think it's going to be on ITN News at some point (might already have been on today) and Sky Sports News (again, might have already been on).

How do I know this? I was at a press day today with none other than Stuart Broad. My second favourite event of the day:

Stuart Broad is playing IC2010, batting as himself...
MCC Media Manager (or something): Stuart, are you ready for the next one [interview]?

Stuart Broad: Can I just finish the over?

My favourite bit of the day will be revealed at a later date, possibly in moving picture format...

EDIT: Just want to add that my day out was courtesy of Codemasters. Cracking bunch of lads (and possibly ladies, but they may not have been Codies folk). When I get the pictures, I'll do a nice write-up of it all, if anyone's interested.

That's awesome Tom! Would love to see/read a write up!

p.s. He signed your balls? *ahem*

mrman80

Club Cricketer
God damn this next week is going to go by so slow :(

yeah and for us in U.S. i don't know how many days after the release date will we get our hands on the game.

i pre-ordered from HMV too which says 7-10 days from the day they ship it.

Anyone has any experience with overseas shipping timing with HMV?

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i think as the other people said it takes almost a week from UK to US i ordered from same place so lets see when it arrives.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Shipping from the UK to Australia, I'm expecting 10 days for delivery. I would have shipped it express, however the price jumped from 5 pounds to 35 pounds :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread