FTP: PlanetCricket FTP World League

Should the World League have a requirement for Youths?

• Total voters
My match against AP is going to be a virtual final I guess...

Naah, it would just confirm your spot at the top. I need a couple of more upsets to have chance at the top. Taht loss to Iridium early in the season is hurting our chances now :facepalm

----------

Why dont we take a leaf out of IPL and Have a Semifinal between top 2 teams of Div 1 and then have a Eliminator between number 3 and 4 teams. Loser of Semifinal plays Winner of Eliminator and their winner plays the winner of Semifinal in Final. This should make things interesting a bit :p

I dont think Chewie would agree though :D

Well I've got a game this week that I'm almost guaranteed to lose.

Why dont we take a leaf out of IPL and Have a Semifinal between top 2 teams of Div 1 and then have a Eliminator between number 3 and 4 teams. Loser of Semifinal plays Winner of Eliminator and their winner plays the winner of Semifinal in Final. This should make things interesting a bit :p

I dont think Chewie would agree though :D

Problem with that is that we don't really have any weeks to do that stuff because of the pavilion Cup and the fact that we are trying to get through a season in this for every actual FTP season.

The eliminator sounds great but might work better with leagues of 4 rather than 5 or 6. That way theres only 6 league fixtures then 3 rounds of playoff fixtures making a total of 9. Then I suppose the promotion/relegation match rounding it off to 10. Whereas for instance the league Im in is of 6 teams thus I have to play 10 league matches then add the promotion/relegation match on is 11.

So we could have a more intense and action packed season in less games!! Just a thought! Would be good for next season.

Maybe even have it that coming bottom of the group doesnt mean your playing in the promotion/relegation match, but the loser of the eliminator match goes into it instead!! Would spice things up I think!

And also cant believe Im top of my league!! :D
Will be a close run finish though Id imagine.

It's all too confusing, I reckon :p

I think it's fine like it is. I will think about it for next season though.

Oops, forgot Haarithan sent me a challenge. Accepted.

I won't go all out so I'll play a few second XI and youth players. Even if I did play my strongest lineup, there's still a good chance you'd take me down :p

Slowly getting the stats done. 3 teams finished.

Takes a while doesn't it? :p

Yeah, stats posted. If I get Division 2 stats done by the weekend, I think I'll have a warmup AS match.

Division 1 All-Stars Squad

1. Taj Alam - Iridium XI
2. Kris Caterer - New York Yankees
3. Irving Skinner - Tom Jones Enthusiasts
4. Alester Khozo - Iridium XI
5. Kanti Sivasubramaniam - Indian Warriors
6. Quiin Campbell (wk) - Iridium XI
7. Darren Cawse - Chewie CC
8. Kenneth Wood (U19) - Tom Jones Enthusiasts
9. John Coleman - Indian Warriors
10. Fred Tindall (c) - Chewie CC
11. Ajitapala Krishnamma (U19) - New York Yankees

I think that is the fairest lineup. I chose 2 players from each team and then chose the keeper last and Campbell was probably the best keeper there although he didn't keep much.

Users who are viewing this thread