Player Discussion

I must say that anyone who plays as Somerset is lucky - Langer is an absolute beast! He always bashes me around when I play against him.

Not really, his contract expires at the end of the season, and he is away with Australia, so you cannot negotiate a new contract with him. You always lose him after the first season, kinda annoying.

You're SLA sounds promising, and form experience in the County game, you won't get too many gem spinners for a good few years into the game so train him well!

Du Plessis epic failed for me. Don't rate him at all.

A batsman I picked up from my Youth Academy started playing some FC matches after my regular middle order players started turning to shite. Probably the only highlight of my first season playing as Hampshire.

In the 2nd part of the 2nd season I got a SLA All Rounder. I had an injury crisis so had to play him and he got a 6fer in the 1st innings and 3 wickets in the 2nd. Not a bad start eyy? His batting was OK but he will definitely improve.

Im in year 2015 i think, and i have three pretty good regens, all around 23 y.o...

1. Raymond Yapp(Bat): Averaging 69 with the bat after 4 seasons in first class, but still only is worth 40k? Dont quite get it myself. But in his first season, he would dissapoint me by getting 150 odd lol. Seems to have calmed down a bit now unfortunately. hit 375* the other day.

2. Chris Aimson (Bat): averages 65, top class. Has patches of unreliability though.

3. Robert Lang (All rounder, RFM) : averages 42 with the bat, and 24 with the ball. Real prospect, only 22 y.o. took a 6fer and 127* recently :)

I look like I might end up with two openers who average about 75 runs each now. One man has averaged 70+ for two seasons, and looks to be doing it again, and another has a second team average of over 70. Pretty neat.

Got a new batsman, Morris Birt. Second XI average of 40, dropped in his debut season after averaging 29 then hit 1200 runs at 55, and took 25 wickets at 13.91 with part time off spin.

Playing as England I called him up for the series against NZ, after Webster failed. Scored 21 and 29* on debut, then hit 159* in his second match, which boosted his FC average to 45.

He is a class one day player as well, averaging 46 atm.

All this, and he just turned 24.

21bmxdg.png

Offie regen! Very excited about him. First innings he took 4-13 off 13 overs, and this is his second innings!

For so long i've been searching for a homegrown spinner, who can keep it tight, and take wickets! I just hope he keeps it up!

Users who are viewing this thread