Player Discussion

Shahid Afridi is an absolute God on ICC06. Will post up some of his sats from mine and Jaz's ICC battle. I believe he's done pretty well for Jaz as well.

Just look at the Karnataka team in 2022......the team is a mixture of players :p from Punjab,UttarPradesh,Delhi, MadhyaPradesh,Mumbai,TamilNadu,Gujarath :D

123o6wx.jpg

Last edited:
5 out of my last 6 matches have been innings victories, the exception being a draw in which I came within 3 wickets of victory with a bowler injured. My entire batting lineup are in 5 star form, and Marcus North is just pwning. Will post screenies at the end of the season.

I got a really good youngster atm. He's been scoring centuries the few matches hes been in. He's average is 160+ or something. I'll update when I have played more matches.

It's said that openers set the tone for a side's performance, and this is shown in the performances of Andrew Strauss and Alastair Cook in my England ICC 06 save. I'm now into 2011, and sit 2nd to India in both the Test and ODi rankings. Andrew Strauss is ranked as the worlds best Test batsman, with the top 10 looking like this:

1. Andrew Strauss- England
2. Matthew Prior- England
3. Alastair Cook- England
4. Kevin Pietersen- England
5. Diaan Van Wyk- South Africa
6. Andrew Flintoff- England
7. Younis Khan- Pakistan
8. Shane Watson- Australia
9. Owais Shah- England
10. Dheeraj Jadhav- India

Pretty England dominated that list. Here's a look at both Strauss and Cook's figures as well, I've been particularly impressed with Strauss' rise to the top. He's improved immensely, 29 hundreds, an average of over 60 and still years left in him. Cook's record for a 26 year old is immensely impressive also. He'll end his career with a phenomenal record I imagine.

Here are the stats:

Strauss.jpg

Cook-2.jpg

Impressive?

White is so good on this game, the best allrounder for Australia I reckon.

Will post screenies after 2008-09 season if I remember. Otherwise, I should update after 50 matches or something.

This is my best player. The reason his one day average isn't that high is because I put him to open and make him very agressive.

Attachments

• meyer.jpg
    meyer.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 69
Have a couple of gun regens, one is a bowler, Alec Owen, and offie, who has 121 wickets @ 21.47 this season in 29 matches. 3 of those tests, where he has taken 10 wickets @ 18.60, boosted a bit by 5-50 against Zimbabwe but he looks the goods at only 23.

Also have a awesome young lad who goes by the name of Mark Danvers, who made 382* in his Test debut (or perhaps it was his second test) and carried his bat through the whole innings. He averages over 100 in 9 innings for Australia at the moment, to go with his FC average over 58. Also a handy 38 in the one day matches, and is yet to make his one day international debut.

A fair few gun regens who can't make my team either, good news.

Was Danvers' debut against Zimbabwe? Even so that is a mammoth score. Screenies of eithers career stats?

Danvers is averaging 82 or something in FC cricket this season, but here is his career stats. I can't actually recall who his debut was against. You can tell he will be huge when he has played 53 FC matches by the age of 23. In 3 on 9 innings has he not passed 50. 9 innings, 1 unbeaten triple hundred and 5 50's opening the batting - this lad is amazing.

danvers career stats.jpg

Owens:

owens career stats.jpg

Last edited:
Owens looks like a quality spinner which I could do with. He can bat a little bit aswell which is handy. Danvers has had a brilliant start to his Test career, and his FC career isn't too shabby either. Would be good to see how they are doing in a few seasons time.

Very nice players, in short.

I have this one spinner, Bradley who is great for me on my Australian save. He can also bat (though he hasn't scored a century yet) and has quite a few catches.

Phil Jaques has also been very good for me, with bat and ball. He is/was probably my best ODI allrounder.

And on my NZ save I have this batsman Kingsley who averages 70 something in tests.

Ricky Ponting was also real good (obviously) but surpassed Tendulkar's record :)

Attachments

• Bradley.jpg
    Bradley.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Jaques.jpg
    Jaques.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Kingsley.jpg
    Kingsley.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Ricky Ponting.jpg
    Ricky Ponting.jpg