Player Editing Tutorial

cracked it, was using the wrong number in his unique code, thanks for all the help!... silly me, haha

Good to know! No problem.

Fe ? added 25 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Ok I just found out England Contracts (ICC 2008) is in [15, 14].

Im getting this error when I try to edit anything

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WindowsFormsApplication1.ICCTrainer2008.applyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ICC 2008 Editor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Compaq_Administrator/Desktop/ICC%202008%20Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I get the same error as jer_clawn. But when trying to edit KP. I play on easy mode. Does it make a diference?

I have no idea but I don't see why it should.

As for your error (and Themer's) I can't really tell from the message that was posted. Check to make sure that the address that was entered is the same one that corresponds to the '64' posted earlier. Also when entering an address don't use the '0x' just the 8 characters that come after.

The program has absolutely no error checking so any slight thing wrong would mess it up.

Also when you load a player, check to see that all of the values get loaded in. If you try to apply a value and one of the list boxes is blank then the program would try to apply "nothing" and would crash, due to no error checking.

It would be good if you could tell me the exact steps you took so I could replicate the error.

And last but not least, manual editing with Artmoney is probably the safe way out at the moment (even though it's more tedious it's not gonna crash anything as long as you use the right addresses).

Last edited:
I did not leave anything blank. I highlighted the address of the number 64 from artmoney and just hit ctrl+c then ctrl+v in the editor. It loaded the player alrite but when I made changes and hit apply I got the error. Thanks for the quick reply mate.

Ok I'll need to recheck the code (kinda short on time at the moment though as I'll be out in a few mins). Could you edit the player again, and this time click Apply after each change, so that we could isolate which one caused the error?

Also, tell me the player you're editing (so I'll use the same one), his DOB and corresponding code.

Once again I tried editing Kp. Error message for every option i tried. I have .net 3.5.

This is the error msg:

The value was too large or too small for an Int16.

Last edited:
Yeah I totally forgot about it. That was if the salary or demands was too big. Anyway i fixed it this morning. hHere's the new version. Tell me if anything is still wrong. Also I included the England Contracted option but I'm not sure if it works (throughout a season), so it'll be good if you could help here.

Basically the Salary & Demand was limited to 65K or so (I think), whereas in the game, the Demand (maybe Salary as well) would go up higher than this. So it would load properly but crash when you applied, even if you made no changes.

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Editor.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 74
Im also getting the same error as metallics. Value was either large or too small for an Int 16

Forgot to say, I got the editor you just posted aswell

It has something to do with the salary as when I set this to 1 it works fine.

Themer added 21 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

It seems that its salary is being limted to 32767 anything above is too large.
The demand feature is ok and seems to be working fine

Last edited:
Is it working fine now? I think the game has a max salary of 127,500. This is because it only uses one byte (from what seems apparent) to store the salary.

So if you have a salary of 10,000 it stores it as 20. i.e. (stored value = salary / 500). Based on that The maximum salary is 127,500 (stores it as 255). The same applies (I think) to the demand. I've edited the program to allow for this.

The largest that you can enter in the program is 2147483647. Any more than this and it would crash (no error checking, validation, etc). This applies to Salary and Demand.

Player Type (opening batsman, batsman, all rounder, bowler) *seems* to be in [5, 14] (ICC 2008). Doing some further testing now.

Edit: That seems to be correct, but there are some differences to the values that Anarchy mentioned.

0 Opening Batsman
1 Batsman
2 All-rounder
3 Bowler

I didn't test values other than these.

Fe ? added 37 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Bowling Style is in [85, 15] and [85, 16]. Just about to test it with Anarchy's values.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread