Player Editing Tutorial

Fe, you're a legend, you all are! :D

Think how far you guys have come together in about a month? From sussing out where the stats are, and now we have an editor, albeit its still quite difficult to edit players (assuming it gets easier after a while) but still, its brilliant!

I just rechecked the WK values [5, 3] and I'm getting some different results. Anarchy, how do we determine if a player is a part-time keeper or full time? From what seems apparent, there are wicketkeeper/batsmen in the game (unless I've misinterpreted the results). When I input some values (shown below) I get an icon with a bat and a keeper's glove - I assume this means a keeper/batsman. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Here are my results...

Code:
Range		Hand		Bat/Keep

0..15		Left		Bat
16..31		Right		Bat
32..47		Left		Keep
48..63		Right		Keep
64..79		Left		Both
80..95		Right		Both
96..111 	Left		Both
112..127	Right		Both
From 128 and above the results seem to circle as Anarchy mentioned (although in his tests it was 256)

full time keeper just has gloves icon. no bat. if he's set as an opener he'll still have the little 'o' at the bottom.. as for your results i'm not surprised they are different to Ashes 06.

Player Type (opening batsman, batsman, all rounder, bowler) *seems* to be in [5, 14] (ICC 2008). Doing some further testing now.

Edit: That seems to be correct, but there are some differences to the values that Anarchy mentioned.

0 Opening Batsman
1 Batsman
2 All-rounder
3 Bowler

I didn't test values other than these.

with these values, are they the actual values or the square root of the number immediately to the left?

Anarchy666 added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Fe, you're a legend, you all are! :D

Think how far you guys have come together in about a month? From sussing out where the stats are, and now we have an editor, albeit its still quite difficult to edit players (assuming it gets easier after a while) but still, its brilliant!

until they decide to do a complete revamp of the coding.

full time keeper just has gloves icon. no bat. if he's set as an opener he'll still have the little 'o' at the bottom.. as for your results i'm not surprised they are different to Ashes 06.

So if he has a glove and bat icon this means he is a part time keeper?

with these values, are they the actual values or the square root of the number immediately to the left?

The value to the left is 0 for the couple of players I tried. The coding has probably changed from ICC 2006 to 2008.

Fe ? added 6 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

albeit its still quite difficult to edit players

Yeah, finding out the address is still a bit annoying, if someone could program it where you enter the player's name and dob, it would help a lot. This is my first program in over four years (and my first using C#). I'm still doing a lot of brushing up, and learning new stuff at the same time, so it's way over my head at the moment.

How hard would it be/is it possible for someone to make some program to immediately identify players on the game?

How hard would it be/is it possible for someone to make some program to immediately identify players on the game?

I second that, as its a pain in the ass using the spreadsheet, then artmoney, then the editor :p Ofcourse i'll do it to correct the game! But even so, if it can be made easier, then why now :p

One way to do it would to get the user to enter the DOB. Then using Anarchy's info we convert DOB into codes and then search. This basically negates the need for Artmoney. The only thing is, if we get multiple results then we'd need to identify which corresponds to which player. Not too sure about that yet.

A better way would be to get the user to enter the player's name. Not sure what to do from there though - it's not a simple search from what seems apparent.

Last edited:
If we did it on the DOB if there were multiple ones it could allow us to see all of the codes which match then we can decide which one is the correct one by looking at there info such as their salary,batting preferences etc. Could that be possible?

Yeah definitely possible. I wouldn't be able to do it though as today is my last free day (gonna be tied up for a while) it's hardly likely I'll get the time (for a while) to work on anything again.

Last edited:
Hey, Anarchy, could you provide a formula for working out the codes using DOB instead of having to use the excel file?

i'm currently on 2032ed season, few of my guys got birthdays in 2008 and 2004, I can't seem to find there address codes in spreadsheet, ICC08 btw.

Did you use the spreadsheet found here? I think that is the most updated one.

Yes, bat with keeper gloves is part time keeper. People such as ponting had it in ICC06, and Sinclair and Vincent have it now; I think it also signals a good fielder, not part time keeping.

We could put birthdate, nationality and salary in, that would differentiate between most people; I don't believe there would be anyone with the same salary, birthdate and nationality, normally checking the nationality is enough.

Also, we haven't sorted out birthcodes for people born after 1990, the ones in the spreadsheet likely won't work. For example, my birthday is 19/11/1991 but the birth code (which I found through trial and error) is 96/100/224/64. We'll need to experiment a bit more to find where it changes. I would presume it changes again further on so that the third value does not go above 255 if playing for a long time.

I'm not so sure how you could avoid using artmoney, I tried editing a cap file using a hex editor but i couldn't find the correct values. How does artmoney work?

Yeah, finding out the address is still a bit annoying, if someone could program it where you enter the player's name and dob, it would help a lot. This is my first program in over four years (and my first using C#). I'm still doing a lot of brushing up, and learning new stuff at the same time, so it's way over my head at the moment.

One way to do it would to get the user to enter the DOB. Then using Anarchy's info we convert DOB into codes and then search. This basically negates the need for Artmoney. The only thing is, if we get multiple results then we'd need to identify which corresponds to which player. Not too sure about that yet.

A better way would be to get the user to enter the player's name. Not sure what to do from there though - it's not a simple search from what seems apparent.

its far easier to edit players via ArtMoney by using the DOB. using the name i'm not sure where the cells are, i'm fairly certain it uses only uses three cells, one each for first/surname/initials. plus some surnames are quite common.

the only other thing is every player should have a unique id code. however nothing in the profile gives any hint as to what this is, so even if we found the cells, it would be of no use.

DOB is about the best way, most DOB's are unique to a player, i suppose any editor could be designed to reveal what his domestic team and nationality are, or find a way of converting the name code to spell a players name.

Hey, Anarchy, could you provide a formula for working out the codes using DOB instead of having to use the excel file?

you mean like some type of program where you input the DOB and it automatically returns the code? i'd love to see something like that, unfortunately i'm not a programmer, although if someone was interested that had programming skills i could provide them with the info on how the DOB code works to make it a reality.

Anarchy666 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Is it only possible to edit saved games with ArtMoney?

ArtMoney is an in-game editor. i believe there is a tutorial on how to use ArtMoney in the first post.

Users who are viewing this thread