Player Editing Tutorial

I'll be honest with you Fe man, i haven't a clue what you're talking about as i'm as thick as 4 planks! :p

But, i'm assuming you're talking about the number that represents the stars, and you're saying the max for it is 255, so you need to find a player with 255 in a certain box, and hope you're lucky enough to have it mean form?

yup that's it. gonna be very difficult though if in fact that is the way it's stored...at least until Anarchy gets here anyway

Last edited:
Well to be honest Fe, you've come along and done wonders what with actually compiling an editor, to make idiots like me be able to do such things as edit the database!

So is there any way to use just your editor to find the player and edit him? Or are you guys still working on it!

I've actually slowed down a bit right now as I'm a bit short on time. I would really like to add one major feature... searching within the editor (using DOB) so as to eliminate the need for Artmoney completely. I have it planned out in my head at the moment, the problem is, it's gonna take a while and I might not be able to spare so much time.

Basically what I'm thinking of, we get the user to input the DOB then convert it using the formulae I mentioned above (assuming they're correct! and this is a big assumption - I definitely need someone to verify this though).Then we do a search and if we come up with more than one player we add them to a list box and get the user to select one of them and then edit as before.

Sounds nice in theory, but it's a bit more difficult at the moment because of the way I've done the coding so far (i.e. it's layout is terrible at the moment). This is only my first program in C# and my first program in four years (!) so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Things such as editing form (assuming it is a single byte) isn't really a problem though, definitely much easier.

That sounds complex to say the least!

Fe, if you don't mind me enquiring, and don't be afraid to tell me where to go, but how old are you?

Well its 8 years older than myself so not so ancient! Getting there though :p

I'm 16 :)

Could you give an example on how to convert someone's age to their code, given say 29/11/1991. Because I don't understand the second step.

(you should get 96/100/224 but yea, I'm still a bit confused)

It would be logical to guess that bowling form would be a number near the bowling ability and batting form near batting ability. However, if you have the memory editor open while playing a game, these numbers change after every ball so they may be representative of the bowling stats?

Ok first look at the date you want (29-11-1991) is it between
1. 14-04-1967 to 16-09-1989
2. 17-09-1989 to 04-06-2079
3. 05-06-2079 to 09-11-2258

It is between two, so we use the following calculations.

For dates from 17-09-1989 to 04-06-2079
Code 1 = (numDays % 8) * 32
Code 2 = (numDays / 8) % 256
Code 3 = numDays / 2048 + 224

When calculating the difference in days we use 17-09-1989. This is because the date we want is within the second range. For the first range, we use 14-04-1967 and for the third, 05-06-2079.

The difference in days is 803.
Code 1 = (803 % 8) * 32 = 3 * 32 = 96
Code 2 = (803 / 8) % 256 = 100 % 256 = 100
Code 3 = (803 / 2048) + 224 = 0 + 224

Hope that helps.

Fe ? added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

sorry i was meant to say how to update the stats!

No idea how to do that as yet. Will have a quick search now and see if anything pops up.

is it possible to delete players? And is it possible to change players teams?

I thought it was something like that but couldn't be bothered working out the difference between my birthdate and that other date, that's quite a few days lol.

I'm trying to find other values by having artmoney open and checking what has changed after each ball. :)

Edit: What my rather sketchy research has found so far is:

row 18 column 2 is career first class runs.

row 19 column 14 is career test runs

row 21 column 10 is career ODI runs and row 23 column 6 is career OD runs

row 25 column 10 is balls faced per match. row 25 column 14 is balls faced per innings. (for the first innings they both increase at the same rate, but the second resets when you get out and starts again while the first one continues). Edit: I think column 10 may be balls faced currently. Not too sure though.

row 25 column 2 and row 26 column 14 appear to be runs per match. Or this could represent the current total runs scored. (In which case, I'm unsure where runs per innings and match are, can someone test this?)

row 25 column 16 is two times the current highest test score scored by the player (what is in the high score column when you press current). row 27 column 12 is two times the current highest FC score

There are some other things that change during the game but I don't know what they are or what they represent. They just appear during a match, then disappear when you get out, then a slightly different value comes back when you start the next innings.

I've attached my picture through which I worked this out. It is very bad but at least I understood it. I have circled the values that have changed, if someone could see what the ones I haven't identified are, either through the picture or in their own game. Also, between some pictures, I have left a gap of some balls or runs scored, because I felt that I knew what they mean. So balls faced may suddenly jump, as may runs scored. EDIT: I couldn't upload it :( it was a 2mb file and my upload speed is something like 128kbits per second :(

I think I've done enough for now, hopefully you can understand that. I think I should go and study now for the 9 exams that I've got over the next two weeks :(

Last edited:
ok some more info on DOB's

4 integer DOB's is actually from 208-223.

basically the number of integers doubles for each multiple of 16

1 int = 176-191,64
2 int = 192-207,64
4 int = 208-223,64
8 int = 224-239,64
16 int = 240-255,64

32 int = 0-15,65 (the profile can only cope with YYYY, it shows as -1/-1/-1 for YYYYY)
i think its 64 int for 16-31,65
128 = 32-47,65
256 = 48-63,65
then the cell to the left of the first number presumably is 2 int. but not too far into 64-79,65 (around 66 or 67) you reach the year 10000 and thats where it starts displaying in the profile as -1/-1/-1. obviously no one is ever going to get that far in any game.

for DOB's before 176, (basically thats 1910-11, so this isn't particularly relevant) the first value is always zero, the second value is where the change of integers would take place, but since 0-0-0-64 = 01/01/1900, you can see why its not terribly important. more for knowledge than anything else.

Just noticed something - between the career averages for FC, tests, OD and ODIs there are 28 values - I'm supposing these 28 values could be things such as matches/innings played, not outs? Of course, there isn't a value in each box. I didn't find t20 stats, but I'm supposing they'd be 28 values after the ODI career average?

That's good work with the birthdates guys :)

Edit: They're not 28 values after ODI career average. I've already got a value assigned to that. Does that mean the T20 stats are in a completely different place? And would network game stats be somewhere close?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread