Player Editing Tutorial

apart from that any other annoyances, bugs, etc.?

I guess I'll have to make another final version as I forgot to allow the editing of DOB. So I'll add that, reset the list and if I can figure out how to add a percentage bar when scanning the memory I'll stick that in too.

Making it a bit more stylish eh? Awesome work dude.

Actually I'm only going to attempt the percentage bar thing so that I can learn about it. I probably mentioned this a few times already but I'll say it again. I only started this editor so that I can brush up on my programming (which I hadn't done for over four years), learn C#, and also because - and this was really a factor - the addresses were provided earlier on in the thread which basically made things alot easier.

Dunno how to attempt the percentage bar thing though, I'll have a look around in a moment after I sort out the DOB.

Fe, just an idea, would you be able to impliment something like this.

When you search for a DoB, and you find the player, could we have a "Save search," type button, which basically saves that guys location? Maybe even allow you to put a name next to his address, so on the drop down bar, we can really easily click say Kevin Pietersen as we once searched him before.

Thats just me being lazy :p

Great work Fe!

Do you understand Anarchy's explanation on DOBs up to the year 10000? Because otherwise you'd have to edit it again...

And maybe as well as the batting and bowling drop down lists for abilities, you could have an 'or' and be able to enter a numerical value as well? Because tbh, sometimes I want to make one batsman about 50-100 better than other one, and only having a small range of choices can get slightly annoying.

What else is there...

Hopefully this doesn't become obsolete if the patch, when and if it comes, changes things. I wouldn't think it would.

Simbazz - the player's address changes each time you open the game, so really you could probably only save the birthdate.

Oh i see, well don't mind me :p

Hey, thats rhymes! :D

I know i'm a simple kinda guy.

Do you understand Anarchy's explanation on DOBs up to the year 10000? Because otherwise you'd have to edit it again...

And maybe as well as the batting and bowling drop down lists for abilities, you could have an 'or' and be able to enter a numerical value as well? Because tbh, sometimes I want to make one batsman about 50-100 better than other one, and only having a small range of choices can get slightly annoying.

What else is there...

Hopefully this doesn't become obsolete if the patch, when and if it comes, changes things. I wouldn't think it would.

Simbazz - the player's address changes each time you open the game, so really you could probably only save the birthdate.

From what I've tested the game only allows up to 09-11-2258 which corresponds to 240 255 255 64. If you enter something like 242 255 255 64 the date remains at 09-11-2258. I'd like someone to verify this for me (I know I say this for pretty much everything, but you can never be too sure).

Yeah I thought about the numerical values for the batting and bowling then forgot about it. Shouldn't be too difficult to stick them in I hope.

Fe ? added 8 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Okay time to hold up for a while, just found another bug.

Fe ? added 13 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

... and sorted (wasn't in the version posted though so no worries for you all yet)

Fe ? added 21 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Quick question here...

Under Player Type for example we have the following values.
0-127 = opening batsman
128-255 = batsman
256-383 = all-rounder
384-511 = bowler

Does this mean that an opener with a value of 10 is different from one with a value of 50? If so I'll have to include an option to edit that as well. If not then I gues I could stick to batting ability and bowling ability

Just tried the new updated editor so much easier now thanks so much you're a god send. Just updating my game to make it alot more balanced.
:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise :happy:happy:happy:happy:happy

Themer added 38 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Also might be an idea to allow us to clear the Player Address bar cause it gets confusing after you've been doing it a while as theres quite a few players on it, but overall superb Its so much quicker now its unbelieveable. :D

Themer added 4 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

May have found a slight bug, one of my regens is an offspinner but I looked at his stats on the editor said he was a LS(r). Not sure why.

Could you check in Artmoney and get the values from there (Row 85, Columns 15 and 16).
See if they correspond to the values below.

0,0 = SLA............ 128,0 = LS
0,1 = LM............. 128,1 = LFM
0,2 = LMF............ 128,2 = LF

0,4 = OS............. 128,4 = LS
0,5 = RM............. 128,5 = RFM
0,6 = RMF............ 128,6 = RF

Also here is the latest version. You can edit DOBs, clears the player address list on each load and a progress bar while loading (dunno if this actually slows the thing down or not!).

Going to sleep now, really drained out.

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Editor.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 57
Awesome work mate ,its working great at my end ,just one last favor instead of having static batting and bowling abilities why dont you use random batting and bowling abilities?
like if we choose Awful we get a random value (hidden) b/w 160-255 and if we choose worldclass we get a random (hidden) value b/w 1536-1791 this will ensure that the game challenge not disbalance and coaching and technique can still play a role in the game.
Level 0 = 160-255.............. Awful.
Level 1 = 256-511.............. Tail-end batsman.
Level 2 = 512-767.............. Number 8 batsman.
Level 3 = 768-1023............ Bowling all-rounder/traditional wicketkeeper.
Level 4 = 1024-1279.......... Lower-Middle order/Super aggressive hitters.
Level 5 = 1280-1535.......... Excellent batsman
Level 6 = 1536-1791.......... World Class batsman
Level 7 = 1792-2047.......... Very few reach Level 7. Best in the

Same could be done with the bowlers too.
Level 1 = 320-511.............. World Class bowler.
Level 2 = 512-767.............. Excellent
Level 3 = 768-1023............ Batting all-rounder
Level 4 = 1024-1279.......... Part-Time/Occasional Bowler
Level 5 = 1280-1535.......... Poor, use in emergencies only.
Level 6 = 1536-1791.......... Awful.
Like if we choose EXCELLENT we get random ability set b/w 512-767 and if we choose POOR than 1280-1535 and so on and so forth.
All this will ensure that coaching and training still remain the part of the game otherwise every one will get their desire player.
Thanks also you can provide option to manually set the skills (for those who dont want the challenge)

Latest (and probably last) version. I included what Chewie and Allrounder wanted - you can manually edit the batting and bowling ability, and also if you select the level you want the program would randomly generate the ability for you, thus allowing for more variation. Have fun.

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Editor.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Keep in mind that you if you edit the abilities manually you have to stick to the limits Anarchy mentioned (page 5) as I did no error checking.

Users who are viewing this thread