Player Editing Tutorial

It might have already been raised but why isn't the very aggressive setting in the editor

presumably the editor could be adapted for ICC/Ashes 06? i could test it out since obviously i've got Ashes.

Yeah it's just a matter of changing a few locations and some values. I'll try to sort it out soon. Bear in mind I don't have ICC 2006 so I'm basically going to change the locations and values to what you mentioned on page 5.

It might have already been raised but why isn't the very aggressive setting in the editor

It is in. There are supposed to be five options - Normal, Aggressive, Defensive, Very Aggressive and Very Defensive.

Thanks Fe! I'm an A grade plonker :)
If I knew what reps where and how to give them I would give many... you and everyone else involved are legends! Really apriciate the work you've done, so I'll spend the next half hour trying to work out the rep system.

Forget about reps, I think everyone is more concerned with getting an editor done!

And here's the adapted ICC 2006 version (no testing done by me as I don't have the game).

I need some help with testing as well, if you happen to load a player and some of the values don't show up in the combo boxes (it has happened to me a few times) then open Artmoney and try to read the value from there and let me know which one it was. The problem would most likely be in the range of values that I've used in the program for that particular box.

Last edited:
woops, I forgot to edit the player type so hold on a bit before you download that one. it'll just crash the editor

Fe, I have the original 2006 game so I might be able to help you test it! I'm not sure I can do more than paste error reports and follow your instructions but I can load up the player address and modify age/contract etc with artmoney, thats about the limit of my ability but if I can be of help I will.

try this one (icc ashes 2006, should work on icc 2006 original if the addresses are the same) and let me know if it works.

might still have some bugs in the player type so keep an eye out for that and let me know

Attachments

• ICC 2006 Editor.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Haven't really folloewd this thread much to be honest, unfortunately, but it seems you have come on leap and bounds in a very short space of time. Everyone involved has done incredible so far and will all get reps from me and a little vCash donation. Especially Fe.

I will test the ICC 2006 editor if you would like Fe?

yeah, whoever wants can download/test/blow up your compy with it. Just keep in mind it may actually blow up your compy (well, maybe not - but it could easily crash as I did not error checking, etc.).

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.ICCTrainer2008.applyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ICC 2008 Editor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jaztheman/My%20Documents/ICC%202006%20Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

An error I just got from trying to use the editor. Probably my own fault?

Did you start the game before the editor? Also, is the name of the executable "cricket.exe"? I don't have 2006 so I'm not sure. Tell me the exact steps you took that caused it to crash.

Ok.

1: Downloaded the Editor, obviously.
2: Extracted the .zip file.
3: Loaded ICC06.
4: Started a new game, just in case it wrecked my other games.
5: Loaded up ICC 06 Editor.
6: Clicked the 'load' button.
6: Filled some of the boxes up.
7: Clicked apply.
8: Up popped the error.

Probably my own fault as I said.

Which options did you change? Did all of the options have an item chosen before you applied? If not then this is what caused the error. Also, when you clicked load did all of the options get a value in them? If not tell me which ones didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread