Player Editing Tutorial

Have to agree with Metallics2006 you truely are all legends.
:happy:happy:happy:happy :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise :happy:happy:happy:happy:happy

Themer added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

You're work for this Editor has been immense and we forever praise you ;)

Last edited:
Great stuff guys, just a couple of questions

Do I need to start the game first and then turn on the Editor?

Or the other way around - which has worked best?

Also, I turn on the editor, and I get a Microsoft .NET Framework error - Unhandled exception has occured in your application.

Now I receive the option to continue, and doing that leads me to a menu for the game.

Here's my question - is this error just "there" and nothing to be worried about, or will one or all of the functions of the program be limited. I have tried this on 2 PCs.

Actually, I got this working :p

Now here's the problem - I tried to edit Salman Butt, and entered his birthday as 7/10/1984

The 2 players that come up are both English, and both are not opening batsmen.

Is this edtior only for those players from ICC 2002?

Actually it's only for ICC 2008. It may work on ICC 2002 for specific values (i.e. where the address locations arethe same for both games - see Anarchy's post on page 5 for a comparison).

Also it shouldn't matter which one you run first, just make sure the game is running, though, before you search for the DOB.

Edit: Actually, I take that back, if you try to edit an ICC 2002 game it'll crash - I expect it to anyway as it'll try to write to some memory addresses where it should be.

Edit: The game needs to be run before the program, otherwise you'll get a nice crash.

Last edited:
I think the 'error' comes up because the default date is today, and there are no players with that birthdate. That's just speculation on my part though.

zMario was referring to the 2002 decrypted database and wondering whether it only worked for people in that. It works for anyone in ICC2008 including regens.

In regards to birthdates, you can go higher than your date, up to year 10000. Anarchy's trying to say that the first number splits into 4 (0,64,128,192) between 3rd numbers of 208-223. Then it splits into 8 (0,32,64,96,128,160,192,224) between 3rd numbers of 224-239. and then it is split into 16 (0,16,32,48,64,80,96,112,128,144,160,176,192,208,224,240) between 3rd numbers of 240-255, so increasing the first numeral by 2 would have no effect as 242 is not one of the given values that the first number can take between these 3rd number values. So the date after 240 255 255 64 is 0 0 0 65. (I haven't actually tried this but according to Anarchy this should be correct.)
And then, the first number splits into 32 (0,8,16,24,32,40,48,56,64,72,80,88,96,104,112,120,128,136,144,152,160,168,176,184,192,200,208,216,224,232,240,248) when the third number is between 0-15 and the fourth number is 65, not 64. This carries on until you get to a third number of 66 or so, with the range of values that the first number can take increasing every so often.

Hope that's clear

Ok yeah I sorta get what you're saying. So the fourth byte comes into play then.

yea it does. But I think it's rather unlikely that someone would need to edit that far into the future.

Latest (and probably last) version. I included what Chewie and Allrounder wanted - you can manually edit the batting and bowling ability, and also if you select the level you want the program would randomly generate the ability for you, thus allowing for more variation. Have fun.

1000 thanks mate but one little problem is that we can actually see that random value ,it should be hidden so as to give proper attention to coaching and training on the other hand when we want to edit manually there should a check box to unhide those hidden abilities. THIS ADDITION WILL PROVIDE ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE TO BOTH TASTES OF PLAYERS

Here you go. A bit of info first. When you load someone it loads the level as well as the actual value. If you tick the check box, it disables the level so when you apply, it reads the value of the box (regardless of the level) and saves that.

For example you load a player, who is a level 7, value 2000. If you tick the check box and enter 1800 and apply, the program would save 1800 (regardless of what is in the level box). If however you type 200, then untick the box, the level box becomes activated. Let's say you chose level 5 and applied. The program would then generate a number between 1280 and 1535 and save that (so the 200 gets ignored).

Basically whichever control is enabled that one is used. The only time the controls would be referring to the same value is when you load a player profile (as it loads his level as well as ability). Then you edit one of them while ignoring the other.

Hope that didn't sound too complicated.

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Editor.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 70
From what I've tested the game only allows up to 09-11-2258 which corresponds to 240 255 255 64. If you enter something like 242 255 255 64 the date remains at 09-11-2258. I'd like someone to verify this for me (I know I say this for pretty much everything, but you can never be too sure).

Ok yeah I sorta get what you're saying. So the fourth byte comes into play then.

correct.

Might be a bit late I guess. Hope we didn't hijack the original thread.

Well we still are talking about editing players...it's just a way easier way :)

Might be a bit late I guess. Hope we didn't hijack the original thread.

the ICC 2002 decrypted database in satishmania's post is long obsolete :D

presumably the editor could be adapted for ICC/Ashes 06? i could test it out since obviously i've got Ashes.

Users who are viewing this thread