Player Editing Tutorial

i've not really looked at stats that much, i know the values are usually double or treble of the stat in the profile.

stats are divided into Batting/Bowling, then into Current/Last Year/Career. in that order i think.

ok some more info on DOB's

4 integer DOB's is actually from 208-223.

basically the number of integers doubles for each multiple of 16

1 int = 176-191,64
2 int = 192-207,64
4 int = 208-223,64
8 int = 224-239,64
16 int = 240-255,64

32 int = 0-15,65 (the profile can only cope with YYYY, it shows as -1/-1/-1 for YYYYY)
i think its 64 int for 16-31,65
128 = 32-47,65
256 = 48-63,65
then the cell to the left of the first number presumably is 2 int. but not too far into 64-79,65 (around 66 or 67) you reach the year 10000 and thats where it starts displaying in the profile as -1/-1/-1. obviously no one is ever going to get that far in any game.

for DOB's before 176, (basically thats 1910-11, so this isn't particularly relevant) the first value is always zero, the second value is where the change of integers would take place, but since 0-0-0-64 = 01/01/1900, you can see why its not terribly important. more for knowledge than anything else.

Totally lost me there, but I'll have a read over in a minute. One thing, though, I've set the minimum value for DOB in the editor as 14-04-1967. Is there anyone lower than that in the game? I don't really want to have to change it unless necessary.

Need some help here with testing. This is probably going to be the final version of editor, unless I need to change the DOB stuff. Anyway, I've tried in this version to eliminate Artmoney totally from the editing process so basically you enter your player's DOB and it searches and gives you a list of results. Choose one of them, view, edit, and hope for the best.

Btw the memory scan takes over 10 seconds (may be more or less depending on your system, I guess). I don't really have much of an idea how to speed it up so that'll have to do for now.

Test away and give me some bugs to fix!

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Editor.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 59
First bug found by me: Just realised I forgot to allow the user to change the DOB and save it!

Fe, I've opened my game, opened the new editor, clicked the birthdate and the editor crashes. When it returns, nothing is displayed, like nothing is working.

What am i doing wrong?

After you choose the DOB did you click load? If it is working then it'll take a while before it responds. Or did it crash totally (i.e. shut down)?

No it just crashed like a web browser does if a page has a lot of connections or whatever, on vista, the screen goes hazy, but it comes back looking the same way as it did before.

It does it WHEN i click load!

Still not sure I understand. Before you click Load can you select a date without problems? Also did any of the previous versions work for you?

I'm not sure whether the birthdate thing totally works because I've often been getting matches of 9 or so players and I don't think that there are so many people with the same birthdate. They mostly seem to be New Zealanders too :/ I think it may be because this is the save file where I edited 11 people to New Zealanders...but they didn't all have the same birthday

Edit: Simbazz, I've got Vista, after pressing load, leave it for about 10 seconds and then it will work again, and in the drop down box you will have some people.

I think the editor keeps the files already searched in the list of options, it doesn't reset it for each new search which is why I get so many people, and the New Zealanders are because I'm searching mostly for NZers

Last edited:
All of the previous worked.

Basically, i'll go through step by step.

I open my game, click the saved file and find out the players DoB ingame.

I then open the editor, and go find his birthdate in the calender. Once i've done it, i go to click load.

When i click load, it basically stops working, so it isn't responding. The square (which makes a window bigger) blanks out, as i does when things crash.

When it starts to respond, no change has occured so no one shows up. I've got the date right, i check a few players.

ok then there's probably a problem in the formula i used. would you mind uploading your save game so i can reproduce the error?

Fe ? added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

As for the "not responding" thing, it's supposed to do that at the moment. Which DOB are you checking and for which player? how far into the game are you?

Hang about, might have just been me! Its now started working on a second attempt. Apologies Fe!

Chewie, is it working fine for you?

Fe ? added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Yeah it doesn't reset the list each time you search. Would you all prefer it did that?

Yes, it works fine, and the not resetting is annoying because the previous searches are at the top of the list.

I have to say, the way the calendar works is pretty cool lol

Users who are viewing this thread