Player Editing Tutorial

Ok, I'm really confused now. When I have the game up and running, I click load don't I? Which means none of the boxes should have any items in?

Ok you need to run the game first then run the editor. Before you click load you enter the DOB of the player you're trying to edit. After clicking load there'll be some addresses matching the DOB that you entered. Tell me if that works.

Yep that worked. I then tried to edit his batting ability(Did Stuart Law by the way) and I got that error again. I haven't checked if it's the same one but here it is;

EDIT: No it is different.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WindowsFormsApplication1.ICCTrainer2008.applyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ICC 2008 Editor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jaztheman/My%20Documents/ICC%202006%20Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Did you edit the batting ability using the text box or the list? (a bit obvious but make sure the text box is a number)

Bowling ability doesn't work. I think it may be different values in ICC06. I'm not so sure about bowling ability as well - I edited someone and he was only averaging 30 after 3 games, and the computer didn't bowl him at all in ODs. Though this may just be because he's not in form.

Editing batting ability via the box where you enter the number worked perfectly for me though.

Edit: If I wanted to create a list with all the players listed and their batting and bowling ability on a new game listed, is there a quicker way than sorting through it manually?

Last edited:
Not too sure what to make of the bowling ability at the moment as the limits are the same for 2006 and 2008 according to Anarchy's guide.

As for the list then you'd have to do it manually at the moment. It would be difficult to read the memory and generate it as we don't know where the player listings start.

Bowling ability normally works for me, row 80, column 7, when I edit it using artmoney, so it just may be bad form.
Sorry, in the my last post, I meant bowler type doesn't work(at the beginning of the post). the second time I mention bowling ability is the correct one.

Bowling ability normally works for me, row 80, column 7, when I edit it using artmoney, so it just may be bad form.
Sorry, in the my last post, I meant bowler type doesn't work(at the beginning of the post). the second time I mention bowling ability is the correct one.

Do you mean Bowler Type as in Bowling Style? (i.e. RF, RFM, RM, LS, OS, etc.)

Fe ? added 5 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Let me know exactly how it isn't working. What are you changing in the editor? Also try editing the bowling style and don't change anything else (shouldn't really make a difference, but just in case I messed up somewhere else). Monitor the values in Artmoney before and after the change and compare them with the editor's values (before and after).

...I hate counting 80 rows...

I'll do it soon if I have time.

EDIT:

In your editor, the batting preferences are different to the ones in the game. Editing it still works fine, but I think the fact that the number in 4,1 is greater than 292 screws up what it shows a bit. I'm not sure about that though. It seemed to work perfectly in the ICC08 editor I think. The artmoney code matches the ingame data though.

Player type was also different in the editor to the in game data. The artmoney code matches in game. I think you may have forgotten to switch the coding differences here? Because it says Samit Patel is a opening batsman in the editor.

Bowling type is correct in the editor it seems. For Samit anyway. Though for Samit there was no values in column 11 and 12 so I'm not sure. Bowling ability is correct in artmoney and the editor though.

When I edited Mark Earlham, the batting preferences in the editor were still incorrect. Bowling style and player type were also wrong, showing SLA and nothing for player type. I'm guessing that the position of bowling style was not changed as well. For player type, in artmoney, Earlham had 280, and for bowling style he had 1471,5, which is the code for a RFM which is correct. In 85,15 and 85,16 which is where the bowling style would be if it was ICC08, Earlham had 0,0 which is a SLA.

When I tried to edit Earlham, even though his player type was wrong, I was able to still change it and this change was matched in game.

I think some of the value positions haven't been changed from each version. I haven't tested wicketkeeper or batting hand yet or injury. Trying to edit the bowling type gave an error.

EDIT: I wasn't able to edit his injurys or his bowling type to any effect.

As far as I can tell, both injury and bowling style aren't able to be edited in your editor, suggesting that the value position changes were not changed in the editor. Also, the shown values for some of the variables were not matched by the in game data or the artmoney values: batting preferences and bowling type.

Last edited:
Ok I just created an Artmoney table (for ICC 2008) using the addresses Anarchy provided. I'll try to get one up for ICC 2006 soon, but I can't test it so you guys will have to do so for me. Anyway here goes.

Start Artmoney
Select Process (ICC 2008)
Table Menu -> Load -> Select the table file
Do a search as you normally would have done using the codes (e.g. 24-12-1975 corresponds to 192 160 223 64).
When the results pop up, make sure DOB Code 1 is highlighted on the right hand side (this is imperative). Click on an address on the left, press Alt-A and voila! Hope you like what you see.

If you understand Anarchy's guide on page 5 (you'd have to do well to not understand it) then you can edit the stuff using this screen. Just edit the values using the guide. To edit another player make sure that DOB Code 1 is highlighted, click on the address and press Alt-A and edit away.

This is faster than using the editor if you know what you're doing as the searching is definitely quicker. Enjoy!

Here are the tables for ICC 2006 (should work on Ashes version as well) and 2008. I didn't test 2006/Ashes as I don't have it but 2008 seems to be fine. Follow the instructions above (or ignore them completely and do your own thing - whichever helps you edit is fine by me!) and hope for the best.

Attachments

• ICC Artmoney Tables.zip
    1 KB · Views: 129
In your editor, the batting preferences are different to the ones in the game. Editing it still works fine, but I think the fact that the number in 4,1 is greater than 292 screws up what it shows a bit. I'm not sure about that though. It seemed to work perfectly in the ICC08 editor I think. The artmoney code matches the ingame data though.
So the problem was with the dropdown box right (and not the text box). How did you come up with 292? It's only supposed to be reading one byte (= a maximum of 255). From what seems apparent if the value is greater than 160 then the player has a Strong legside preference, i.e. similar to 0 - 31 (in ICC 2008 anyway).

Player type was also different in the editor to the in game data. The artmoney code matches in game. I think you may have forgotten to switch the coding differences here? Because it says Samit Patel is a opening batsman in the editor.
I did change the code but maybe I did something wrong. ICC 2008 uses one byte (from what seems apparent to store this) while 2006 uses 2. Could you tell me the two bytes in Artmoney - i.e. the values in [4, 11] and [4, 12]? And tell me what I've got in the editor - the list box as well as the text box.

Bowling type is correct in the editor it seems. For Samit anyway. Though for Samit there was no values in column 11 and 12 so I'm not sure. Bowling ability is correct in artmoney and the editor though.
When you say no values do you mean 0 and 0? If so (i.e. [80, 11] and [80, 12] are both 0) then he should be a SLA. Is this the case in the editor and the game?

When I edited Mark Earlham, the batting preferences in the editor were still incorrect. Bowling style and player type were also wrong, showing SLA and nothing for player type. I'm guessing that the position of bowling style was not changed as well. For player type, in artmoney, Earlham had 280, and for bowling style he had 1471,5, which is the code for a RFM which is correct. In 85,15 and 85,16 which is where the bowling style would be if it was ICC08, Earlham had 0,0 which is a SLA.

When I tried to edit Earlham, even though his player type was wrong, I was able to still change it and this change was matched in game.

I think some of the value positions haven't been changed from each version. I haven't tested wicketkeeper or batting hand yet or injury. Trying to edit the bowling type gave an error.

EDIT: I wasn't able to edit his injurys or his bowling type to any effect.

As far as I can tell, both injury and bowling style aren't able to be edited in your editor, suggesting that the value position changes were not changed in the editor. Also, the shown values for some of the variables were not matched by the in game data or the artmoney values: batting preferences and bowling type.
We'll have to come back to this bit later on. Not too sure how much I can do at the moment as I can't really test anything.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's quicker, you still need to find the birthdate code and then do a search in artmoney...

The actual search is quicker but I guess going through the excel file can slow things down a little, but at least this way you're less likely to get errors.

Last edited:
try this one (icc ashes 2006, should work on icc 2006 original if the addresses are the same) and let me know if it works.

might still have some bugs in the player type so keep an eye out for that and let me know

i'll test out the editor over the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread