Player Editing Tutorial

Fe I've downloaded Artmoney and your Artmoney table. I'm using ICC 08. I'm really confused at what to do now. I did what you said up until the search bit. When I search, nothing comes up.

You don't need artmoney, or the excel table :)

Just download his latest ICC editor.

And what do I have to do with it?

Dr. Pepper added 31 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Got it working :D!

If something goes wrong with the editor though you're probably better off using the artmoney table imo.

The Artmoney table is confusing, the editor is soo easy even I can understand :p.

Word of advice though, whenever you load something in the editor before applying make sure that each box has a value otherwise it will crash.

This isn't supposed to happen (i.e. each box should have a value upon loading, but maybe I messed up the ranges somewhere so nothing gets loaded for a particular box).

Ok I've just figured out something new (not too much help at the moment as I'm stuck while implementing it into the editor, but if anyone of you can help it'll be great).

The address of the player's last name is stored in [3,2] to [3, 5]. The thing is the address is stored in reverse order so read the bytes in hex as [3, 5] [3, 4] [3, 3] [3, 2]. Suppose the values are from [3, 2] to [3, 5] are 00 CB C6 12, you reverse them (producing 12 C6 CB 00) then look up this address in Artmoney. You should find the player's last name. I think the player's first name is right next to this (i.e. from [3,6] to [3, 9]) but I haven't tried it as yet.

With respect to the programming side of things, anyone knows how to get the string? If I read the value @ 0x12C6CB00 how to I get the string at that location?

If we crack this we'll be able to display the player's name upon searching (instead of simply the address) - assuming my calculations were right.

Fe ? added 2 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Ok I think I've figured that bit out (using a work around) will try it out a bit later

Latest build of the editor. I've tried to redo each option to cater for the ranges (hopefully no errors, let me know when you find any).

- Increased batting levels to 255 as the game allows this anyway. According to Anarchy's guide, world class should be level 7 so keep that in mind when editing.
- Increased bowling levels to 12 (the maximum value that the game allows is 3168 so I catered for this).
- Fixed a bug with contracts.
- I probably changed a few other things, but I can't think of them right now so that'll do for the while.
- When searching the player's name pops up as well so you can easily identify him (hope you like it!)

- I've sorta abandoned the 2006 editor for the while as I can't test it here.

One thing I've noticed, if you reload a saved game (i.e. not restart the game totally, but reload a different saved game whilst running it) you need to exit the editor and restart it. Not sure why that's happening but it's not too much of an inconvenience.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if when you search for a DOB and an item comes up with an address but no name (it might look like this: , () [12B424B4] - or if it generally looks weird) then don't edit that one. It is probably not referring to a player in the game but since the codes matching the DOB entered were found in that order the item is displayed.

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Editor.zip
    24.1 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
The values don't reset for each search, so if you do one search, and then do another, the values shown for the second search (apart from the name and player code) are the same as for the first search. They reset if you close the editor and restart it though.

Actually, the values are reset but I forgot to refresh the form. The problem I mentioned still remains though.

Basically I've sorted out the issue you mentioned (which was a second problem actually), but the one I mentioned is still there.

Oh, ok. I'm sure the problem you've mentioned isn't too much of a hassle. It doesn't take very long to close and then reopen your editor.

Latest Editor (small bug fixed, nothing major) and Artmoney Table (only for ICC 2008). Things are much quicker using Artmoney if you know what you're doing. I used Chewie's addresses (on page 8 I think, not too sure) to add the stats (runs, matches, etc). The rest of the stats should be closeby I guess.

Attachments

• International Cricket Captain 2008.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 87
Here's a DOB-to-Codes converter (based on Anarchy's excel file). Let me know if you find bugs. It goes from 14-04-1967 to 09-11-2258.

Attachments

• DOB to Code Converter.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 121

Users who are viewing this thread