Player Editing Tutorial

I got a bit bored while studying for my two exams tomorrow so I recorded the batting and bowling abilities of all the players in the New Zealand database at the start of the game :)

Interesting Facts:

There are a number of young players who have only played a few matches with high batting ratings.
The best batsman is G.Hay, followed by I.Robertson, B.Hiini, R.Taylor and G.Todd.
The best keeper (at batting) is B.McCullum, then C.Nevin and S.Mills (no idea)
The worst batsman surprisingly is not Chris Martin, he comes fifth in this list :O tied first is L.Hamilton, B.Arnel and G.Hayne on 160 points.
The best bowler is J.Oram, followed by M.Gillespie, S.Bond and I.O'Brien. Tim Southee is only 9th :(
The worst bowler is B.Rae followed by D.Flynn and B.Wilson.
The best allrounder (Batting ability - bowling ability) is Brandon Hiini with a 517 point gap, followed by Jesse Ryder (495), Jacob Oram (415), Iain Robertson (415) and James Franklin (192). A surprise entry is Dewayne Bowden at number 6. Also strange is Brendon McCullum at 20th.
Brendon McCullum is a better bowler than his brother Nathan, even though Nathan is an allrounder, who was in the NZ Twenty20 World Cup Squad, and Brendon, being a wicketkeeper never bowls.

Based on this data, my team for the England tour would've been:
1. Peter Fulton (bat: 1197, bowl: 1428)
2. Samuel Fairley (bat: 1074, bowl: 1383)
3. Gregory Hay (bat: 1494, bowl: 2016)
4. Iain Robertson (bat: 1394, bowl: 1204)
5. Brandon Hiini (bat:1293, bowl: 776)
6. (*)Ross Taylor (bat: 1268, bowl: 1727)
7. Jesse Ryder (bat: 1248, bowl:753)
8. (+)Brendon McCullum (bat: 1145, bowl: 1347)
9. Jacob Oram (bat: 1097, bowl: 682)
10. James Franklin (bat:897, bowl: 728)
11. Mark Gillespie (bat: 525, bowl: 694)
12th man: Gregory Todd (bat: 1251, bowl: 1308)

While there are no outstanding batsman, New Zealand has good batting depth, and so McCullum only has to bat at 8, with a couple of good allrounders above him. Franklin comes in ahead of Bond because of his age and his batting ability. Fairley is the second best opener in NZ according to Childish Things so he gets a place in the team.

I may think about doing this for other countries and counties later.

Attachments

• ICC08 NZ Player Ratings.xls
    33 KB · Views: 13
no. 0-255 is level 1. 256-511 is level two. The number of points in each level is 256. So once you find the start of one level, add 256 on to find the start of the next level.
Lots of things in this are based around the number 256 because computers think in binary and 256 is 2 to the power of 8.

Ah ok. So the best batsman in the world would have say... 1792 points?

The bowlers bit has confused me though, it says level 6 is the worst so does that mean, the lower the amount of points the better? So say 1 would be the best?

Sorry about all the nooby questions, just getting a little interested now. :p

Technically the best batsman you can get is (256x256)-1 = 65535 points. But that would just be stupid.

Yea, for bowlers it's the reverse, level 1 is the best, with the lowest points available being 320.

1792 is the beginning of level 7 which goes up to 2047 points. I think there's only one person in the game with that many points and it's Sehwag.

Technically the best batsman you can get is (256x256)-1 = 65535 points. But that would just be stupid.

Yea, for bowlers it's the reverse, level 1 is the best, with the lowest points available being 320.

1792 is the beginning of level 7 which goes up to 2047 points. I think there's only one person in the game with that many points and it's Sehwag.

Cheers.

Last question from me, once again quite easy to answer probably, why is the lowest 320 and not 256 for a bowler?

I don't know, I'm not very experienced with computer editing and such. The number 256 just stood out quite a lot and I related it to binary code but I'm not even 100% sure on that. This is one of the times where a number is not related to a power of two. (though 320 is 64+256 and 64 is 2 to the power of 6...)

Ah ok. So the best batsman in the world would have say... 1792 points?

The bowlers bit has confused me though, it says level 6 is the worst so does that mean, the lower the amount of points the better? So say 1 would be the best?

Sorry about all the nooby questions, just getting a little interested now. :p

Woops, I forgot to change that. Level 12 is the worst. I think Chewie explained it all though.

Edit: Hmm, seems I did change it. Do you have the latest version? It should say level 12 is the worst.

Fe ? added 2 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

One more thing, we could try to figure out the rest of addresses in Artmoney and save them as a table. Assuming the DOB converter thing works, this shouldn't be too difficult. Plus it would definitely reduce errors.

Cheers.

Last question from me, once again quite easy to answer probably, why is the lowest 320 and not 256 for a bowler?

Beats me as well. For some reason the author (intentionally, or otherwise) set the minimum to 320. If you enter 0, then play a game it default to 320. The same happen with 3168 (maximum). If you enter 4000 and play a game it defaults to 3168.

Fe ? added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

You only released one version, Fe.

That's the one on this page, right? (The zip file contains the editor as well as an artmoney table)

The England thing doesn't really work properly. All 5 of my bowlers were selected for England, I went on the editor and just did nothing and applied, they came back from international duty but went again the next day.

ICC2006 editor, I think you are thinking about the ICC2008 editor.
Yeah, I am actually! I think I'll have to back off from the 2006 version as testing it is a problem (don't have it).

The England thing doesn't really work properly. All 5 of my bowlers were selected for England, I went on the editor and just did nothing and applied, they came back from international duty but went again the next day.

I'm not sure how the game is designed to handle England contracts. Basically all I know is that we can give them an England contract or not give them one.

I found all of this lying about on my computer from when I was having a look about a month ago, and I didn't want it to go to waste. it's for icc2006, but hopefully you can understand it and make some use of it, and maybe convert it to 2008. it uses patterns, so I think what I have done is given an example of one form of the game, and then shown where the next starts and they all follow the exact same pattern. or they did anyway

batting

Row 18 collumn 14 ? number of innings in one dayers
row 19 column 2 ? number of runs in one dayers
row 18 column 15 ? number of not outs in one dayers ? divided by 4. row 18 column 16 to add 64/128/192 if necessary.
Row 19 column 4 ? number of one day hundreds
row 19 column 6 ? number of one day matches
row 19 column 16 ? one day top score. Times desired number by 2 and enter that. For not out, times desired number by 2 and add 10240
row 20 column 2 ? one day fifties

row 13 column 16 ? number of first class hundreds
row 13 column 14 ? number of first class runs
row 13 column 10 ? number of first class innings
row 14 column 14 ? number of first class 50s
row 14 colukmn 12 ? first class top score ? see one day
row 13 column 11 ? number of first class not outs ? see one day
row 14 column 2 ? number of first class matches

career test match innings starts on row 15 ? column 6
career one day internationals innings starts on row 17 ? column 2
career t20 innings starts on row 41 ? column 10
career t20 internationals innings starts on row 45 ? column 2
current first class innings ? row 20 column 10
current test match innings ? row 22 column 6
current odi innings ? row 24 column 2
current one day innings ? row 25 column 14
last year first class innings ? row 32 column 14
last year test innings ? row 34 column 10
last year odi innings ? row 36 column 6
last year od innings ? row 38 column 2
last year t20 innings starts on 48 column 10
last year t20 internationals starts on 50 column 6
current t20 innings ? row 43 column 6
current t20 internationals innings ? row 46 column 14

Bowling

career first class bowling ? runs in row 56 ? column 2.
wickets in column 4 of row 56 ? divide by 2
best bowling ? row 56 ? column 7 runs divided by 4. column 8 wickets divided by 4
five-fers ? row 56. 10 fers row 11
overs bowled row 55 ? column 14

test bowling one row below that
one day international career 1 below that
one day career starts one below that
current first class bowling one below that
current test match one below that
current one day international bowling one below that
current one day bowling one below that
last year's first class bowling 4 below that

last year's test match bowling 1 below that
last year's one day internationals 1 below that
last year's one day bowling 1 below that

career twenty20 bowling 2 below that
current t20 bowling 1 below that
career t20 international bowling 1 below that
current t20 international bowling 1 below that
last year's t20 bowling 1 below that
last year's t20 international 1 below that (row 77)

if you do manage to make something of that, it'd be excellent. not special, but just would make the editor more comprehensive.

Ok I just had a quick glimpse through it. All of those are stats right? (I mean without any player variables like batting ability, etc). First step would be converting them to 2008. Might take a bit of time, we'll see how far we get.

Users who are viewing this thread