Player Editing Tutorial

Yea, I have been trying to find things, like the runs scored per innings and stuff but nothing useful.

EDIT: What values do the batting form and bowling form take?

Last edited:
Oh lol because I was putting in 256 and getting zero.

i'll test out the editor over the weekend.

i won't be as i don't have net. framework 2 or higher. only 1.1

You mean the levels? For batting each level is divided into 256 points. So level 0 = 0 to 255, level 1 = 256 to 512 and so on. Anarchy suggested on page 5 in his guide that the level for a world class player is 7. The rest of them (from 8 to 255) are included because it's possible to have them in the game, up to a max of 65535 (= level 255). So it's basically for cheating. The minimum for batting ability is 160 though, so if you select level 0 it generates a number between 160 and 255, not 0 and 255. Also if you enter a number less than 0 it defaults it to 160.

As for bowling the minimum is 320 and maximum is 3168 based on my tests. These are also split into levels where level 0 is world class (Anarchy's guide) and level 12 is the worst possible bowler. His guide goes up to level 6 or 7 (not too sure at the moment), but the game allows for up to 3168 (i.e. level 12) so I included it.

well most bowlers at the beginning of the game are between levels 1-6. level 12 well that must be for bowlers who bowl so wide they need a taxi to retrive the ball.

I know a lot of that makes sense, but it's not quite so easy to quantify which of those is better than some others. for example, bowling all rounder vs lower middle order. that sort of thing. the same goes for the bowling ones. my other gripe with this system is there might not be enough options. ESPECIALLY for bowling ability. because for bowling ability, there's:

awful
batting all rounder
part time/occasional
poor

excellent
world class

the top 4 all suggest negative ability really. but the top 2 make the people far too good from my experience. so there doesn't seem to be enough choices. either that or the ranking names aren't quite describing it properly, and maybe "poor" could actually be "good". I think a lot of my problem for not understanding them is that it doesn't qualify which form of the game - test or first class. is excellent in terms of test cricket or domestic stuff?

the short answer is its based on Test standard. of course there is plenty of variables such as age that need to be taken into account.

one thing i will say is this: the better a player, the faster he progresses. the preverbial holy grail is to find a comfortable level for rookies so they don't turn out to be too good.

although players regress when they each a certain age, there doesn't appear to be a mechanism to make young players progress quicker and 25-31 age bracket to progress minimally. nor do RF/LF's that reach a certain age are downgraded to RFM/LFM's.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but in the row above the "64", column 6 there is the number which controls the team that is displayed on the player's profile (1 = Derby, 2 = Durham, etc). This is different from his country value which is in [1, 6]. It doesn't transfer the player or anything though. It's simply a cosmetic thing.

Could anyone figure out the numbers before this one (i.e. the player's team). Also, from what seems apparent, the size of each player record is 1416 bytes. So if you start on the "64" on one player then go down 1416 bytes, you'll reach the "64" on the next player. What we need to do now is figure out the location of the first player. This must be controlled by a pointer but I have no idea how to find it.

The latest one? It works the same way as the previous versions. Ignore the tabs at the tops as the player stats haven't been included (hardly likely I'll get around to it).

In order to use it, load up the game then the editor. Then enter the DOB of your player and click load. It would (or is supposed to) find the players with that DOB and display their names. Select your player from the list box, edit his stats and then click Apply.

I don't think the most recent editor refreshes the form either. Also, I don't think altering the player's form does anything apart from alter it cosmetically.

I don't think the most recent editor refreshes the form either.

Not sure what you mean here. Could you describe what's happening (or not happening)? It seems to be fine here.

Also, I don't think altering the player's form does anything apart from alter it cosmetically.
That may be the case, I haven't really tested it. All I know is that the range for each form (batting and bowling) is 0 - 255 and this changes the stars.

Maybe I'm using an older one... but when I search a new player it doesn't replace the old data with the new one, apart from the name.

Yea, because after editing batting and bowling form and then playing a game or giving training, it goes back to its old value. I think it's because it's based on the previous scores/wickets and it recognises that you shouldn't have such a form and brings it back down again.

Edit: We should also try to find where the second team stats are... and network stats because they should all be around the same area...

Ahh yes, that does indeed happen in the latest version. I'll try to fix it in a few hours, shouldn't be anything major if I'm thinking along the right lines.

Sorted out now. The error came about because I added the tabs and didn't really "update" the code.

Edit: (removed attachment)

Last edited:
Now it doesn't show anything apart from the name...lol
But it works way quicker and doesn't freeze :D

Should be fine now I think (forgot to change back the events).

Edit: Another bug, removed attachment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread