Player Editing Tutorial

Editing money is actually quite simple. Go to your finances page and record the number of your basic budget. Then, you just go and search this number in artmoney and edit it to whatever you like (I'm presuming you know how to do this)
If you need help running artmoney just ask.
I'm not totally sure on the limit on money, but you should be able to give yourself easily enough to buy everyone. Not sure what the point of that would be though...

The editor is even simpler to use, if you enter the player's birthdate in, then press load, it should find the player you're looking for and load all their data for you to edit it. Then, once you've changed things to your heart's desire, press apply.

I wouldn't think that prizemoney would be editable, unless you edit the whole game to allow more money for each competition. It wouldn't be in the save game files, it would be in the actual game files. You could probably change who won the competition though, there would be a few bytes where you put a county's code in (dunno what it would be) and that would be the county that won the thing, and presumably there would be other bytes for the other positions. I would think that the game gave prize money based on this.

I'd love to be able to find a fielding or wicketkeeping rating, but I struggle to see how you could test it.

Maybe by seeing who is selected by default at first slip? That'd be far too time intensive, though.

We could change things in people's data and then sim a few seasons and see how many cpm they get, some wicket keepers seem to have higher ones than others so i'm guessing there is one. For example, if you change a batsman to a wicket keeper they get less than actual wicket keepers. It is higher than normal, but that is to be expected when they field in that position, even if they aren't the greatest fielder. I wonder what would happen if we made monty a keeper lol....

I would guess if there was a keeping value it would be near the value for number of catches?

Edit: Here's my Australian and New Zealand Database List.

I'm just doing this cos I'm bored and it's kinda interesting.

I've found that when you search some birthdates, you get team names as well appearing????? Any idea why? I've found Invitational XI and Uttar Pradesh so far.11/6/1989 is Uttar Pradesh, forgotten Invitational XI.

Edit: Zimbabwe done as well:)

Attachments

• ICC08 Player Ratings.zip
    32.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I'd love to be able to find a fielding or wicketkeeping rating, but I struggle to see how you could test it.

Maybe by seeing who is selected by default at first slip? That'd be far too time intensive, though.

i think the wicketkeeper status is also the fielding value, the lower the number, the better the fielder. certainly for Ashes 06 anyway. Alastair Cook was basically a level 11 fielder, and dropped just about everything that went his way (he was at slip so that meant quite a few chances went begging), changed the wicketkeeper value so he'd be level 0 or 1 and he started catching more than he dropped.

another thing that shouldn't be tooooo hard to find is the skin colour of the player, or the hair colour, or accessories such as a turban or glasses. I'll have a look when I get home this evening

another thing that shouldn't be tooooo hard to find is the skin colour of the player, or the hair colour, or accessories such as a turban or glasses. I'll have a look when I get home this evening

That's a good point, I was thinking about that as well.

We should just get a couple of players who look different and compare their data...

I think I've found the one person who doesn't fit in the editor - Graeme Hick. He's too old lol

Last edited:
i think the wicketkeeper status is also the fielding value, the lower the number, the better the fielder. certainly for Ashes 06 anyway. Alastair Cook was basically a level 11 fielder, and dropped just about everything that went his way (he was at slip so that meant quite a few chances went begging), changed the wicketkeeper value so he'd be level 0 or 1 and he started catching more than he dropped.

Where is the fielding byte located? Don't think I came across it.

I tried opening the editor but got Framework errors. Do I need anything special to run it?

You need microsoft .net framework version 3.5

Fe ? added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

That's a good point, I was thinking about that as well.

We should just get a couple of players who look different and compare their data...

I think I've found the one person who doesn't fit in the editor - Graeme Hick. He's too old lol

Yeah, if he's born before 14-04-64 then the editor can't find him.

I think by fielding byte I think he means the one which determines whether you're a wicket keeper, part time keeper or normal batsman.

Ahhh, ok. I thought it was a separate ability like batting and bowling ability.

Edit: Just re-read his post and yeah it is that (i.e. the byte that determines if you're a keeper or not)

Last edited:
No you shouldn't. Could you post a screenshot of the error. This is my first time programming using .NET so I don't really know a whole lot about it.

few players are cheating online because of editing tutorials.:help

Users who are viewing this thread