Player Editing Tutorial

But retired players have low ratings because they reduce over time I think...don't they?

I think it uses the maximum strength achieved by the player. Even I observed that once a very good player retires, we will get good players in the youth team.

Latest release of the editor. Still can't edit stats btw as I haven't done any work on that since the last time. The DOB should now show up properly when you load a player. Keep in mind that the allowable range of DOBs is from 08-11-1944 to sometime in 2258 (can't remember the day or month). So if your player has a DOB outside of this range, the program will either crash totally, or display the DOB incorrectly (not sure which one, really).

I fixed a bug in the last version when saving a player's DOB. Let me know if you find any bugs in this one. Also, when reporting bugs try to tell me of the exact steps you took, so I can try to reproduce the error.

It'll probably be a couple of weeks till the next time I come on here (and even longer for the next version - if any - so don't hold your breath waiting!).

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Editor.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 227
Hey FE can we edit the way player development incur? Like I have notice that after every week or so player batting and bowling abilities changes (mostly in positive way) so can we look out on this too?

That would be based on the age of the person and of the training they have... How would we edit that? I would think it is based on an algorithm in the game which determines rate of growth, and how this diminishes over time, until it is negative once the person gets into their 30s...

That would be based on the age of the person and of the training they have... How would we edit that? I would think it is based on an algorithm in the game which determines rate of growth, and how this diminishes over time, until it is negative once the person gets into their 30s...

Did some testing ,I think it is more related to the form of the player if the player is in 5 star form the rate of development will be much higher than that of 3 star form. So can we edit form up till now?

We can edit the number of stars a person has, but this resets after a match, because form is related to past performances, and the computer recognises that the form value is not consistent with the recent performance and resets it back to the previous value.

for this new Editor what do I do again? just click on the players DOB and load? and ICC08 has to be open right?

nvm got it :)

thanks a lot for editor

Last edited:
Since the thread seems to have died down a bit, let's see if we can revive it...

Just did some work on a little scout utility. Doesn't really do anything fancy, but it could some in handly when troubleshooting, or simply scouting for a player (kinda obvious, that last one, eh?).

Quite a bit of the code is reused from the original editor so any bugs there will likely to be here as well, plus some new bugs as well (sorry, I only worked on this for about 6 to 8 hours or so).

As usual, have your ICC 2008 open before loading (no error checking, as has become the norm with me). Also, while sorting the columns keep in mind that the numerical values are treated as strings, so 100, 90, 200 in ascending order would be displayed as 100, 200, 90 and not 90, 100, 200 as would be expected (to lazy to rewrite a sorting routine at the moment). Also I didn't implement the date of birth yet (probably won't do it, but you never know).

One more thing, because of the way I've done the searching, a few players may actually not show up (don't want to go into the details why). It's a bit tricky to work around it without sacrificing any speed (it's already very slow at the moment), so we'll just have to put up with that for now.

Most importantly, for some values you may notice that [Unknown] is displayed. This means that the a value was read which was outside the ranges supplied earlier on in the thread. So for anyone who has Artmoney, Cheat Engine (or any other memory editor) feel free to help me figure out these values. For example some players have a value of 0 in the nationality byte. I don't know what this represents so you'll see "AAAUnknown" in that column.

Just a little extra info for anyone who cares. If you open the memory byte corresponding to the "64" then look up about 20 bytes or so, you'll see the following 4 bytes (in hex) 98 24 67 64. I've noticed that this appears for every player (which is what helped me identify a players' record in memory). Maybe there's some sort of player ID located around there, so we have some work to do figuring that out.

Pretty sure there was something else I needed to mention, but can't remember at the moment. I'll update you all if anything comes to mind.

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Scout.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 101
Hey FE can you change the way how players develop? or can you setup a thing like after every season every players abilities readjusted b/w -50 to 100 as this will provide more entertainment for instance one crap you just about to throw start scoring runs in another season (due to new readjusted batting ability) and continues to develop in to fine batsman over the course of few season.
Do you like my Idea?

I forgot to mention the Stats Editor. Basically I've done a little work on it (not a whole lot really). For now all we can do is load the batting values for the player's career, current and last seasons. I need some help testing it, though, particularly for players who have played more than 255 matches (e.g. Ramprakash, as Cottager mentioned in an earlier post).

The Stats Editor does not yet save so keep that in mind. Also I can't find the bowling attributes in memory, so anyone who can use Artmoney, some help would be appreciated.

One more thing, Anarchy mentioned somewhere in the last few pages that the fielding ability attribute is included in the player's handedness/wicketkeeper value. Could someone verify this for me for ICC 2008? I tried changing it but it doesn't seem to make the players drop any catches/misfield so I'm not sure if it is actually there.

Finally don't expect updates too often, but if I do manage to add a major feature to any of the editors I'll post it.

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Stats Editor.zip
    29.7 KB · Views: 59
Is your game loaded? Also if you're using the player editor or the stats editor you must open your player's profile in the game before loading.

Generally if it crashes when you open it, it means that you haven't loaded your game yet.

Users who are viewing this thread