Player Editing Tutorial

yeah man i have already it version 3 any help plzzzzzzzzzzzzz for God sake
:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying

ok run the game... thn open the editor..in the game click on the player u want to edit nd thn it should work!!

scout is not working for me guys.other editors are working fine.
i run the game..open a save game.then load in scout but it shows loaded 0 players.
help me.....

Does this editor work with version 8.14 because it crashes every time i click load. Running all net frameworks, it worked when i had version 8.12.

Just a bit of an update. Well nothing new really. I'm basically stuck trying to edit some of the values in the player stats record (such as the number of matches played). I have (some of) the addresses but I'm getting problems editing when the value is too large (greater than 512) I think. So basically I've more or less stopped working on the editor for the time being (unless someone can figure out an easy way to do this). Also I don't have too much spare time so I guess that's also contributing the lack of progress.

@ The_gas: How can I tell what version I have?

Edit: Just realised that the patch is out. Which means none of the editors should work (well they might, but no guarantees).

Last edited:
Just a bit of an update. Well nothing new really. I'm basically stuck trying to edit some of the values in the player stats record (such as the number of matches played). I have (some of) the addresses but I'm getting problems editing when the value is too large (greater than 512) I think. So basically I've more or less stopped working on the editor for the time being (unless someone can figure out an easy way to do this). Also I don't have too much spare time so I guess that's also contributing the lack of progress.

@ The_gas: How can I tell what version I have?

Edit: Just realised that the patch is out. Which means none of the editors should work (well they might, but no guarantees).

Before you load up your saved game it should give the version number in the bottom left hand corner.

Will you be updating the editor to work with the latest version?

I've said it on the Childish Things forums and I'll say it in here, but I personally would appreciate it if you did not fix the editor for then new version. With most of the errors it can correct fixed, it has no real purpose other than to improve ones' own players and to make it easier to play online.

Very few people play online with the game so please correct the issues if you can, also there are still some quite obvious errors on the game, Flintoffs bowling for example is pathetic, his batting is about right but he can't bowl to save his life on the game.

Yeah, i won't be playing online, i just want to do a little bit of player editing for my England career.

I've said it on the Childish Things forums and I'll say it in here, but I personally would appreciate it if you did not fix the editor for then new version. With most of the errors it can correct fixed, it has no real purpose other than to improve ones' own players and to make it easier to play online.
I am asking this out of curiosity mate. Do you work for Childishthings? Spokesperson or something?:)

I am asking this out of curiosity mate. Do you work for Childishthings? Spokesperson or something?:)

He's a moderator on Childish Things' forum iirc. Oh and Dean, to be honest if the public want the editor then they will probably get it. It seems they want it so no doubt it will be made or edited so it is up to date with the newest version.

The editor works with the new version, but I've only tried it with a game that was started pre-patch. Dunno if it transfers.

I started my game using v8.12, i installed the patch yesterday to take it up to 8.14, and now the editor crashes when i try to load the saved game.

Users who are viewing this thread