Player Editing Tutorial

please help me i a facing the same problem
:help:help:help

send2yaari added 3 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

please help me i a facing the same problem
:help:help:help

Hi everyone. I have some good news and some bad news (depending on who you are). Basically I have more or less decided to stop working on the editor(s). As you would have noticed, I haven't done much updates recently due to a lack of free time. Also, I noticed a slight uproar (not really anything major) on Chris' forums about editing the game and people using it to cheat, etc., together with aus5892's request to stop working on it (again, due to people cheating online).

I understand that this may not please the majority of you, but the reality is that I don't have too much time to spare at the moment. I had a nice idea of making an database updater (I'll explain more in a bit) but I can't really continue at the moment.

What I am willing to do is release the source code for anyone who does in fact want to continue working on it (with a few conditions, I'll mention them if necessary - again nothing major here).

As for the database updater, basically my idea was to load the data in the same way that I did for the Scout (for those of you that got it working). Then we would have an excel file (or a simple text file) with the player's name and updated stats. We would then search for the player's name (previously loaded) and write the new stats, all of this in real time. So we could have a single text file with updated stats being distributed to the community (or whoever wants it) and each person would run the Scout and update his database using this text file.

There are probably easier ways to do this in real time, but this one seemed pretty simple. So if anyone is willing to take up the challenge, he can have my source code.

- Fe ®

Fe, you've made me sad :( My marriage proposal of old is now off! ;)

Sorry man, I did say it would be bad news for some people. I really am willing to release the source code though, for anyone who wants to continue working. What I don't want to do is to be the source of confusion (i.e. wrt people cheating online).

I never played online in all honesty. Well once against Dr. Pepper with an all-star team, so i know how easy it was to actually cheat BUT, its a shame :)

I myself have never played online, not even once. I think I have played once on a previous version (got trashed it it too iirc).

lol, ok then :)

Nah, its been real nice complimenting you ;) i shall move onto my next target!

What did you write the editor in?

I think it's probably better to leave the editor as it is; people can only play online with the 8.13/8.14 versions, while the editor only works with the 8.11/8.12 versions. If someone read the instructions posted throughout this thread, they may be able to work out how to edit players (I doubt it would be too different) but hopefully those people smart enough to do it won't use it online...

BTW, Merry Christmas :D

This is why the game makers should make this game with an editor like the Football manger series. The edited database is not allowed to be used online in the FM series.

What did you write the editor in?

I think it's probably better to leave the editor as it is; people can only play online with the 8.13/8.14 versions, while the editor only works with the 8.11/8.12 versions. If someone read the instructions posted throughout this thread, they may be able to work out how to edit players (I doubt it would be too different) but hopefully those people smart enough to do it won't use it online...
It was written in C#.

It was written in C#.
Can you make an editor for ICC 2006 Normal Version(Not the Ashes Version)? The database is not different, you already know where most memory values are located, its just tweaking a few settings right? :)

Am having a problem. Whenever I run the application, i get a message saying:

'This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Try reinstalling the application.'

Any ideas on what to do?

Can you make an editor for ICC 2006 Normal Version(Not the Ashes Version)? The database is not different, you already know where most memory values are located, its just tweaking a few settings right?

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't as I don't have ICC 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread