Review Playtest Review/Preview(Review Links, Updated in First Post)

You just mentioned it! :p Sssh! :p

In all honesty I don't see how an expanded demo can cut it, they could probably have something like the BLC 99 demo then where in you chase a target - even if you expand you can't do much than just bat and bat and bat, so one will buy for extended experience anyways! :)

Well one could set the numbers of overs elapsed and the target to 0 and bat first. If they are afraid of the demo being expanded they should limit some of the gameplay features in the demo. Either way an expanded demo doesn't make much of a difference. Its just to kill the boredom before the release of the game.

WHM and I tried out South Africa and New Zealand to see what the unlicensed teams are like. Basically their names are fake and the faces aren't much like the real ones. The only thing that is accurate is their abilities/ratings.

If this is is the case. Then we have a fully work in upcoming months:p .I really hope they didn't change file types or even if they change we have Tom,colin or kshitiz ...to crack that. Anyway it is going to be a great game.

The more we can edit the more time it can be used .

Thanks for reply guys

if there so worried then just release demos for the consoles

They would, but they have to jump through so many hoops with Sony and Microsoft so its just hard to put a demo out all around.

Come on codies release some ingame video trailer or demo... Give us something to kill time while waiting for the release of the game.

They would, but they have to jump through so many hoops with Sony and Microsoft so its just hard to put a demo out all around.

Why would Codies have to jump through hoops with Sony (PS3) and Microsoft (PC)? They are the publisher, it's their game and their choice.

they need many things like permission..etc,to release demo in Sony(Ps3) and MS(x360)
nothing related to PC;)

I don't know bout sony, but on PC their are a lot of hurdles due to microshaft.:p:p Any patch,demo or update first have to be sent to Microsoft for bug testing and approval. Thus publisher had to wait for MS. Then MS always find one or more problems and then they send it back again. So the whole process is time consuming. There is only one thing i would like about MS's involvement in Ashes Cricket 09 , that is " The game would support my XBOX 360 Controller" And i could just plug and play without any manual configuring.

transmission games website does not even say anything about AC09, they must have no control over what happens after they make it!

Well one could set the numbers of overs elapsed and the target to 0 and bat first. If they are afraid of the demo being expanded they should limit some of the gameplay features in the demo. Either way an expanded demo doesn't make much of a difference. Its just to kill the boredom before the release of the game.

Yup, I'd second that. I don't think an expanded demo stops anyone buying the game; just lets you playtest it a bit more before release.
Thanks for the reviews everyone; now I'm just worried about trying to run it on my 7 year old computer...

Does the game support Force Feedback?? IT would be nice to feel the ball hitting the bat at 95 Miles per hour. I hope they have added this support as it is not very hard to do.

P.S:
A bit off-topic. I always LOL when i see microsoft crying over piracy and shouting out loud that "PC suffer from maximum piracy and hence cost losses in revenue. Hence we would create games XBOX 360 exclusives only."I guess someone need to give MS a reality check. Everyone who knows a little bit bout net and torrents,knows that XBOX games are leaked before PC. I know Ashes Cricket 09 is a great game but it will be leaked on XBOX360 before release date, as pirates would always find a way. Though i would be buying this game coz Transmission guys did a lot of hard work in this game and deserve their money.

Why would Codies have to jump through hoops with Sony (PS3) and Microsoft (PC)? They are the publisher, it's their game and their choice.

For Xbox 360, the publisher has to apply for a time slot from MS when they do the testing which itself takes 2-3 weeks. So if the Codies haven't applied yet then we might be looking at atleast a month before the demo shows up on Xbox Live Marketplace. Perhaps, thats why Codies mentioned that the console demo's might come after the game release.
Considering my experience with BLIC 2007, I will not buy this game unless there is a demo

Indeed it is their choice, but they have to go through Microsoft (360) and Sony (PS3) to actually get the demo out through THEIR consoles (PSN/XBL). Thats why it involves those companies.

Interested to know if its possible to move the batsman just before the bowler is about to release the ball, if someone tried that. In BLIC 07 the batsman's position was locked after a certain point in bowlers runup.

A bit off-topic. I always LOL when i see microsoft crying over piracy and shouting out loud that "PC suffer from maximum piracy and hence cost losses in revenue. Hence we would create games XBOX 360 exclusives only."I guess someone need to give MS a reality check. Everyone who knows a little bit bout net and torrents,knows that XBOX games are leaked before PC. I know Ashes Cricket 09 is a great game but it will be leaked on XBOX360 before release date, as pirates would always find a way. Though i would be buying this game coz Transmission guys did a lot of hard work in this game and deserve their money.

Piracy will never stop because its too easy to produce the media on which the games are distributed. Pirated games on Xbox 360 require modded consoles which means no warranty and no Xbox Live. So it does reduce piracy. The rate of piracy on Xbox is much lower compared to PC.

sweetbabyjeebus, the reviews sound great. i played BLIC07 the other day just to remind myself how poor it was. can't wait for the new game, all we need now is a release date :upray

Users who are viewing this thread