Ponting - ODI Retirement?

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't think he would be retiring before the WC.
but Ponting's legendary pull will always be a pleasure to see.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
No please!

Play the 2011 WC! Punter please!

we want a competitive oz side to beat :D

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
With only a year (almost) to go for the next World Cup, I dont think Ponting will hang up his ODI boots yet. He should play the 2011 WC and then retire from the shortest format.

And yeah as chetan said, Ponting is a stronghold in Australian side and would be good for India to beat Australia with Ponting among them:p

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I doubt Ponting would retire if he felt the team would struggle without him, and there wasn't a capable replacement for the #3 spot.

ahmed shah

International Coach
he should lead the side in the world cup 2011 and win it and then retire as a world cup winning captain

angryangy

ICC Chairman
reactions
pontingcatch2.jpg

baggy_blogger

News Team Member
Nah mate! Don't start talking about retirement with Punter.
He's already gotten out of T20 cricket to further his focus and chances of longevity. He just hasn't gotten off yet this series. The media gave him a crap time and he gave them two middle fingers in response when he set off in Hobart. That was just sensational! Punter in particular cops a tough time from the media.
I never lose doubt in Punter's abilities, he'll get a solid innings in there soon enough.
Retire from ODI's and focus on Tests? Hah.

When he does it? When he isn't enjoying his cricket anymore and feels he is letting the team down, that is what he's indicated many times.
But after the way he lead us in the Champions Trophy and India, don't see it happening, personally wouldn't want it to happen. I have watched him from his ODI and Test debuts and it will be a sad day when I see a career of a great bloke and epic cricketer I've watched so intently come to an end.

MarkusRay

School Cricketer
I don't think he will take retirement before 2011 world cup

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Far out, he has two scratchy innings and it's time to retire?

Well thats everyday life for Dravid. No matter how many times he save india, people would start questioning him just after one or 2 innings.

Ponting is great player and fun to watch. He can and should play ODIs and Test as long as he is fit. ITs good to see nice little battle of Test centuries between Two great player(sachin and punter). In one test ponting scores a 100 and come close and then in one test sachin score another 100. :p

stereotype

Club Cricketer
As been already said he will retire after the next World Cup. It was not too long ago he was in a rich vein of form in India, England and the Champions trophy for one dayers.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
When is Tendulkar expected to retire? 2011 World Cup?

Don't know and don't even wanna think about it.... I don't watch India's matches when Tendulkar doesn't play. Damn, how i gonna watch cricket once he retires. Rest assure, He would retire by his choice only, if BCCI force him or drop him out of team, there will be riots:p .

It would be a emotional day for a billion people for sure. (please govt announce national holiday the day Tendulkar retires :P)

Users who are viewing this thread