Premeditation Solutions

I hate premeditation. I've tried so many times not to, but end up being bowled/LBW/miss shots because I'm too late. Its ok with spinners and medium pacers, but anything faster than that is just too fast.

Another potential solution is to move the bowler back 2-4 feet on the crease (ie. point of view only) which would provide an extra millisecond or so.

I hate premeditation. I've tried so many times not to, but end up being bowled/LBW/miss shots because I'm too late. Its ok with spinners and medium pacers, but anything faster than that is just too fast.

Another potential solution is to move the bowler back 2-4 feet on the crease (ie. point of view only) which would provide an extra millisecond or so.
Yeah getting the batsman back closer to stumps definitely helps and I have been doing that in DBC14 too..

Yeah thats sort of what i was thinking too mate, so it would be scaled to look normal from our eyes, and exaggerate the ball physics so it doesnt land short of the keeper or lose any bounce off the pitch.

Yeah getting the batsman back closer to stumps definitely helps and I have been doing that in DBC14 too..

This is what i was trying to discuss last night @funnyadit , the benefits of moving such a big distance out of the crease like 2m to fast bowlers in dbc 17, is if the reaction time was the same standing 2m out of crease in dbc 17, as it was standing at default position in dbc 14, which was on the crease iirc, then you would have an extra 2.5m - 3m behind the batsman, which could be used for a more suitable reaction time for individual player needs so they wouldn't have to premeditate all the time. Its keeping in tone with realism aswell, just that the reaction times would be exaggerated more then reality the further you go back in the crease. Also if ball speed sliders were added for exaggerated carry and bounce etc, we could find that sweet spot for all players personal skill levels.

Hopefully someone will get what im trying to say?

What do you reckon @cricket_online ?

Last edited:
Or how about pitch marker just at the time when the bowl has released from hand? It will still be consider realistic and will solve all sorts of problem related to line and length , I know DBC17 is trying to do something different and innovative but I am afraid the circle around the ball for line and length indicators and bump down bowling speed is not a good alternative to the good old pitch marker.

BTW guys don't get confused with my idea of pitch marker with the ancient pre-delivery decided pitch marker of past games , the marker will use existing mechanics of last second change to bowlers line and length and calculate the line and length as per current colored marker around the ball it just the marker will be shown on pitch instead (i-e same timing to the existing colored marker but instead on pitch) more over for skilled bowlers the marker will be much broader/big so batsmen will not be sure where the actual pitch will be and it will be smaller for less skilled bowler so that batsmen will predict the actual pitch more easily.

Moreover for bowling , it will use exact current mechanics of bowling that is no pre-decided pitch marker for bowling.

Hopefully Ross only hates the pre decided pitch marker and not mind using it creatively with the change I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Watch the ball
Watch the ball
Watch the ball

Not trying to derail anything but this has stopped me premeditating 90 procent of my shots...no markers, no nothing....

It could be fun and realistic for some but not many people actually have the skills execute proper shots without premeditating and we all want a fun cricket game and not an actual cricket simulator which can only be played by real batsmen.

BTW guys don't get confused with my idea of pitch marker with the ancient pre-delivery decided pitch marker of past games , the marker will use existing mechanics of last second change to bowlers line and length and calculate the line and length as per current colored marker around the ball it just the marker will be shown on pitch instead (i-e same timing to the existing colored marker but instead on pitch) more over for skilled bowlers the marker will be much broader/big so batsmen will not be sure where the actual pitch will be and it will be smaller for less skilled bowler so that batsmen will predict the actual pitch more easily.

Moreover for bowling , it will use exact current mechanics of bowling that is no pre-decided pitch marker for bowling.

Hopefully Ross only hates the pre decided pitch marker and not mind using it creatively with the change I mentioned above.
if u want a pitch marker to judge the line and length then it could only be shown for a split second after the ball has been released from bowlers hand
only this way the realistic-ness of the game will prevail
other than that there is no other way to use the pitch marker and also keep the game's realistic-ness intact

It could be fun and realistic for some but not many people actually have the skills execute proper shots without premeditating and we all want a fun cricket game and not an actual cricket simulator which can only be played by real batsmen.

One need not be real batsman to play Don Bradman Cricket. Just spend some time in the nets and few practice games then you can have so much fun with awesome shots on the field.

and we don't even know if any real cricket player has tried this game yet or not
i am very curious to see how a real cricketer would play with these current mechanisms
will he be able to play without premeditating

They have. They do. You do not have to premeditate - you do need to practise (some more than others... obviously).

Now a days I am playing more T20 matches in DBC14 online and i have to say that each and every match goes like a real International T20 cricket match, we have ups and downs loose momentum and gain and had many thrilling finishes just cause of such realistic gameplay like having no marker and other stuff. Match practice helped me a lot to play better.

if u want a pitch marker to judge the line and length then it could only be shown for a split second after the ball has been released from bowlers hand
only this way the realistic-ness of the game will prevail
other than that there is no other way to use the pitch marker and also keep the game's realistic-ness intact

Thats exactly what I am saying. it will be so much better then the current colored marker as its pretty hard to judge from it.

They have. They do. You do not have to premeditate - you do need to practise (some more than others... obviously).

Kindly comment if you liked my idea , can refine it too if you want or if you are totally against it then I am perfectly fine with it.

Users who are viewing this thread