Pro35 Evolution : Cricket's Newest Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pro35 Evolution : Cricket's Newest Format

This is the suggestion for a new format.

T20 is too short for atleast 2 batsmen to get centuries (which has happened a lot of times in ODIs) or a batsman to score 150+ in an innings and too short for a bowler to take 6-7 wickets whereas it takes 7.5 hours for an ODI (50 ovs) to end too boring.

The solution of this problem is Pro35
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
35 overs each team

First 16 overs (out of it first 10 ovs of fielding restrictions (powerplay)) (65 mins)

Next 14 overs of spinplay (next 14 ovs of mandatory continous spin bowling) (43 mins)

(Spin bowling will be defined as short run up bowling or a bowler given to the stats as a spin bowler but not medium pace)

Last 5 overs of freeplay (no such restrictions as above) (22 mins)

6 more overs of powerplay can be taken any time by batting & bowling sides each (3+3)

7 overs each bowler
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Innings length : 2 hrs 10 mins

Match length : 4hrs 35mins (including break)

Change of ends per 17 overs.

It will include the Super Sub rule & Free Hit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This format will help cricket as :

* It will eliminate the slambam of T20 and boredom of 50 ovs .

* It will make cricket more entertaining if 2 batsmen get centuries or a batman gets a 150+ score like 163* unlike 105 or 120 in T20s & a bowler gets 6-7 wickets.This will make the match statistics more substantial the word is subtance which T20 doesnt have at all.

* The spinplay will help to fasten the overrate and thus less duration and more crowds and TV viewers.It will make cricket more strategic.It will help fasten the game & spice up the boring middle overs of an ODI & will give some respect to the artistry of spin bowling which is dying.

* This format will help to create bigger individual performances and superstars and maintain a balance of cricket & statistics all over the world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It should replace T20 and 50 overs as the ultimate format.

Last edited:
Stadiums are not empty. Any series involving Bangladesh isn't going to attract full houses. (if that is what you are referring to).

RT what was your name there??

and whats the news there??

tell them i wont open any more accounts just remove the ban of Hrithik or Bruce

plzzz stay on topic

Terminator added 4 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

i am talking of wi vs sa and 60 % of other odis

They've messed about with the number of overs in domestic cricket, I don't see the need personally.

The only problem with 50 over cricket for me is the attitude that cricket is now about runs and that runs = entertainment. There wouldn't be "boring middle overs" if the pitches were a bit less flat and batsmen weren't just saving wickets for the last 10-15 overs. Any cricket is boring if it is predictable.

And cricket is supposed to be a contest between bat and ball, not just a chance for batsmen to plunder runs at a run a ball or better. Make the pitches harder work for the batsmen and a few more play and misses will make for more fascinating cricket. Yesterday's ODI between England and Bangladesh was a classic, not many thought the target was that difficult, even with a batsman injured. It provided a thrilling match, if only the pitch had been more of a factor than England's batting and selection failures.

I don't see what 35 overs a side will achieve, except I guess some people will see it as "middle ground" between T20 and 50 overs given it is halfway betwixt. I think more importantly the ICC should review that poncy powerplay cobblers, just seems England and other teams don't want to use their batting powerplay. It says it all that fielding restrictions are seen as the way to liven up cricket, by giving the batsmen a big advantage. I never did like fielding sides putting fielders on the boundary and trying to defend totals without proactively trying to take wickets, but fielding restrictions are so artificial.

If anything I'd like to see 100 overs per side matches played over two days on wickets that are helpful to the bowlers. Much more scope for tactics, could sides really afford to put fielders back and allow easy singles?!?! Let's call it the 'super duper 100 a side bash-a-thon with bells on'. It would be a real test of both sides, their tactics and selections. Go with five frontline bowlers or have to make up 20 overs with part-timers? Bat positively and run the risk of not making batting the full 100 overs? Run the risk of severe penalties for not bowling 100 overs in the allocated time by taking too much time over field changes, bowling changes etc? Play none, one or two spinners? Chosing to bat first or second will take on a whole lot more than in Tests, you won't be able to hide bowlers like you can in Tests and to some degree ODIs because there are 20 overs per bowler maximum not 10 or no limit.

I think someone should give the format a try, do a special rate for this two day match with a third day option should it be affected heavily by rain. And abolish the use of the duck-billed platypus method for giving commentators guidelines to discuss the situation when it isn't even raining! (and captains a pre-determined set of guidelines to follow like a map when it is)

Do not understand why you need to tamper with ODI cricket. Just put a cap on international T20 games.

The PowerPlay rule is also ridiculous. No one even uses it according to game situation and batting side saves it for last 5 overs. If I remember before this was implemented, sides were getting 50 runs in last 5 overs anyhow. :facepalm

Whats more funny is that most of times its tailenders who are enjoying batting powerplay. :laugh

I like ODI as it is. Not seen any drastic drop in ODI attendance anywhere in world.

:laugh This was ripped to shreds on CW, so he decides to post it here as well. <3 14 overs of continuous spinplay TBH. Best idea since the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread