Pro35 Evolution : Cricket's Newest Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really see the point. I like 50 over cricket, and if 40 over cricket were to replace it I would not complain, but this Pro35:Evolution just has too many regulations and restrictions. I don't like spinplay, 'cause it means that captains have no chance to experiment with spinners in the first 16 overs, even opening the bowling. It sounds like you were trying to make it unnecessarily complicated, to me at least.

Also, I don't like the name. Evolution?

:laugh This was ripped to shreds on CW, so he decides to post it here as well. <3 14 overs of continuous spinplay TBH. Best idea since the wheel.

This shows you that i have no interest in creating multis for which i was banned in CW.

why? odi cricket to me is alot more exciting than a boring t20 so whats the point of changing it into a more complicated pointless format, leave cricket alone!

Its best not to temper with ODIs at the moment. Your ideas put way too many restrictions for my liking.

watching an ODI for 8 hrs is the worst form of torture one can suffer = Too much of T20s watching

all these restrictions are killing the game. this is why rugby sucks now, everytime someone comes up with some less than attractive gameplan that works they change the rules.

for me, the problem with t20s is 11 batsmen is just too many. I think you could do a lot worse than forget all the bowling/fielding restrictions and just make it 8 or 9 in a team.

nop i dont agree with you

more focus should be given on how to shorten the duration without sacrificing the substance

even if restrictions like spinplay are needed

Why do you need to shorten it? People still watch ODI cricket.

Are you really sure people likes 50 over cricket which runs for 8 hours??

Then why are the stadiums fully or more than half empty.

Ex : last months WI vs SA ODIs

The VB tri series of Australia had to be scrapped for very low TRPs

Even the last ICC WC in WI ran in half empty stadiums

Dont you think 8 hours is just too much bcoz people dont really follow ODI cricket nowadays as they used to in the 90s decade you can sense that if you mix in your locality or friends i felt so from my own experience

Last edited:
Stadiums are always full in Australia for ODI and Test cricket. And tons of people still watch it on TV. I've been watching England vs Bangladesh on TV because I like ODI cricket, and there are a lot of people all around the world who do/think the same.

Then why are the stadiums empty and TRPs low ??

Too many games, people cant afford to watch every game, so are choosing their games, adding another 35over format imo will add to this problem and will probably 'dilute' the quality of cricket as well.:)

nop the stadiums are awfully empty all over eg sa vs wi odi

vbseries was closed coz of low trps

just type odi and google search

Terminator added 3 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

I am saying to replace odi and t20 by pro35 as the ultimate format for mens cricket

T20 is good for women and children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread