Problems running the blic pc demo anybody?

lyonring

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hmm, for the people who had it crashing, then formated they're PC to get it working, then had it crashing again after installing all they're apps. What apps did you guys install to get it crashing again?

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Man, somebody plz try and find a solution to this.

I too have tht 1 ball crashing problem. I believe tht there is ntn wrong with ur systems. There is some sort of bug in the demo itsself. We just have to find a way to tackle with it.

Has somebody contacted 'RG' regarding this problem.

varun05

Club Cricketer
in my desktop the game starts properly but after reaching the screen where the bowler has the ball in his hand the game becomes very slow. the solution for this was to run another application in the background. i now plays a movie in the background in mute mode and the game works properly.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
varun05 said:
in my desktop the game starts properly but after reaching the screen where the bowler has the ball in his hand the game becomes very slow. the solution for this was to run another application in the background. i now plays a movie in the background in mute mode and the game works properly.

what? thats one of the wierdest solutions i've ever heard.

plz explain more.

varun05

Club Cricketer
i know it is wierd but it works.
like i posted earlier, game works fine until it reaches the screen after the selection of bowler, the bowler walking to his runup with the ball in his hand. at that point the game slows down like hell. but switching to window and running any application in background and then coming back to the game removes the slowness.
don't ask how i came to try this (by accident ofcourse). that also only in window mode and not in full screen. in full screen i still can't play the game beyond that point in my desktop.
works fine in my laptop though.
doesn't hv to be a movie could be anything where window have to do multitasking.
lol.

lyonring

School Cricketer
Wow, that is one weird fix, some guy posted earlier saying how he cleaned the fan on his graphics card and that fixed it too, any of you guys tried doing that?

entigy

School Cricketer
Demo Crashes

Have tried both demos - downloaded the "small" one, and got the full one from the latest PCGamer DVD - neither of them have got as far as the first ball.
After selecting the teams, it crashes immediately after the 3 lots of "Press Enter to Advance". Have yet to see the game in action.

I've been in contact with Codemasters support and provided them with various attachments - msinfo32, DXDiag, screenshots of errors etc. They have replied each time with different suggestions but none of them have worked...

Have now lost the will to live ;) Or at least to try and get the demo working...
I'll probably still buy the full game and hope that it works, either out of the box or with a patch.

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
entigy said:
Have tried both demos - downloaded the "small" one, and got the full one from the latest PCGamer DVD - neither of them have got as far as the first ball.
After selecting the teams, it crashes immediately after the 3 lots of "Press Enter to Advance". Have yet to see the game in action.

I've been in contact with Codemasters support and provided them with various attachments - msinfo32, DXDiag, screenshots of errors etc. They have replied each time with different suggestions but none of them have worked...

Have now lost the will to live ;) Or at least to try and get the demo working...
I'll probably still buy the full game and hope that it works, either out of the box or with a patch.
*Install the XP Service pack 2
*Install Zonealarm antivirus
*Install media player 10
*Install divx6
*Install real player 10.5
*Install quicktime player(important)
*Install all windows updates as windows XP has some problems with some applications causing lockups.
*Choose minimum resolution,refresh rate i.e.640x480 a@ 60Hz both for the game and for the system.
*Choose windows 98 compatability mode

dhruvdeepak

School Cricketer
My system config:
Windows XP home, Pentium 4 mobile, 1.7 GHZ
Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce4 440 Go (32 MB), all drivers updated etc.
Default display mode 1400x1050
Same problems...halp! :help
I don't know how to open up my laptop and clean the graphics card cooler. Don't know if I should either

Last edited:

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
dhruvdeepak said:
My system config:
Windows XP home, Pentium 4 mobile, 1.7 GHZ
Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce4 440 Go (32 MB), all drivers updated etc.
Default display mode 1400x1050
Same problems...halp! :help
I don't know how to open up my laptop and clean the graphics card cooler. Don't know if I should either
Man reduce the resolution to 640x480

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
dhruvdeepak said:
tried that and plenty more
Man whats your problem!please check 158 post.The demo exe file is error free!

and also disable error reporting like this
tight click My computer>select properties>click on advanced>select error reporting>select disable error reporting

Last edited:

msamina

Club Cricketer
I have a GeForce2 MX420 with Windows XP SP2 and the game crashed after the first ball right after installation. I just restarted the game and it worked without any problems. After seeing this thread, I decided to test why it crashed the first time and found that when I run the game as Administrator, the game crashes after the first ball !! Since this is the mode I had used for installation, I had the problem. But, running it from a regular user account, that does not have permissions to right to the C: where the game is installed, I was able to run it without any issues.

I tried to install the latest drivers for my graphics card and it solved the problem all through !!

Maybe you guys can try creating a user account on your PC with limited permissions and that might help ?? Just a guess...

ramana35

School Cricketer
tutsipoppy2 said:
Man, somebody plz try and find a solution to this.

I too have tht 1 ball crashing problem. I believe tht there is ntn wrong with ur systems. There is some sort of bug in the demo itsself. We just have to find a way to tackle with it.

Has somebody contacted 'RG' regarding this problem.

I do contacted them for this one ball game crashing problem , they provide help which is not usefull ,,anyway i strongly feel and belive that there is something wrong in the DEMO code it self,,otherwise how the game is running smoothly untill it reached wicket keeper,,,( if u hit a 4 or 6 the game continues for little longer than one ball may be 3 balls ) ,,,nothing wrong with our system,,,

Users who are viewing this thread