Problems running the blic pc demo anybody?

dhruvdeepak

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
yeah similar problems to all of the above.
how is codemasters goign to reply other than "we cant offer support for laptops", that's bull

rudeypooh

Club Captain
rahulk666 said:
Codies really have to sort out this one ball crash problem. Rudeypooh, do you have an integrated graphics card?

ive got a GeForce2 MX 100/200 graphic card on my pc and on my sony vaio laptop GeForce 4 2go(something like that) but no luck on either machine man. :crying

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
fardin said:
aprof can you give me a review on my specs If it will run Blic

here it is

2.60GHZ
40GB
3D intel extreme graphics AGP
256MB DDR for optimized performance

Will it run properly please tell me?
As b4 U have 256mb ram which is min requirement, and U have an integrated graphics card which is sharing Ur system ram, so the first step wud be upgrade to atleast 512mb/1gb ram atleast

laken said:
Howerver the problem is one ...only one.......Codies have released very very bad demo, i hope that official BLIC is good................
How many people on this forum have get problem with ck2005 demo???More les than Blic 2005 sure.

Bye
U have to understand, the fifa graphics engine has been worked on for the last two/three years, while codies had roughly 8/9months to develop the whole game,(graphics, physics, AI) so they wud need a couple of years to bring the min specs down (In my machine Cricket 2005 runs better than Fifa 2005; cause the graphics engine has been developed and made leaner by the month)

rudeypooh said:
ive got a GeForce2 MX 100/200 graphic card on my pc and on my sony vaio laptop GeForce 4 2go(something like that) but no luck on either machine man. :crying
Cause both the graphics card are pretty weak.

tomgwyther

School Cricketer
wat are da buttons coz i aint got a numpad as it says(laptop) and i cant do anything, my best batting 0-3wkts. bowling= not able to bowl 1!!!

eSeek

School Cricketer
only problem I have is the mouse is really hard to move around the Menu etc.. in game it runs perfectly but selecting teams and stuff I have to do with the keyboard :(

Anil Dharani

Club Cricketer
aprofromindia said:

Yeah right! And the game works fine on my builtin S3 ProSavage DDR which is sharing the RAM, 32 MB of it(BTW I have 256 MB RAM). One of my friend has a PIII 700 MHz with 128 MB Ram and GeForce4 and the game runs perfectly and smoothly on his system. That clears it up that only GeForce2 has this problem and some other ATI card. The card by any means is not that weak coz the one ball which I've played, the game worked smoothly on Highest possible GFX settings. I know I may sound harsh but hey you have to understand my dissapointment.

dhruvdeepak

School Cricketer
dont let the ball go to the keeper. bowl first, and let the guy hit 4s. you'll be able to play the demo longer before it crashes :D

laken

School Cricketer
aprofromindia said:
As b4 U have 256mb ram which is min requirement, and U have an integrated graphics card which is sharing Ur system ram, so the first step wud be upgrade to atleast 512mb/1gb ram atleast

U have to understand, the fifa graphics engine has been worked on for the last two/three years, while codies had roughly 8/9months to develop the whole game,(graphics, physics, AI) so they wud need a couple of years to bring the min specs down (In my machine Cricket 2005 runs better than Fifa 2005; cause the graphics engine has been developed and made leaner by the month)

aprofromindia said:

Why BLIC99 run very very well, than newest BLIC 2005 on my laptop ?
Your explication no more exhaustive on Codies work.

Adil

School Cricketer
FOr the best graphics experiance you guys need to get graphics cards. either a geforce fx 5700,5800 or 5900 or a geforce 6 6600,6800. :D Plus BLC needs shader model 1.0

ramana35

School Cricketer
Guys ! i even downloaded the commentary version also ,,,but the problem remains same ,,it crashes after first Ball....codies have disappointed many people and indirectly Making us play EA 2005 and not BLC 2005

QuickFire

School Cricketer
one more first ball problem here...
it throws me out after the first ball...
i am running the without commentary version of demo.
geforce mx440 agp and it meets all other requirements.

i have wasted a lot of time dloading this 318MB crap on dialup :(
now i'm not sure whether to get the original or not.

Anil Dharani

Club Cricketer
I still dont know whether they've tested te game on all the supported cards? If yes. then how come they did'nt have any problems and we're having them? If No, then why put the name on the list?

Parkin09

School Cricketer
Hello There!

I have the infamous 1 ball problem i have messed around with my settings......lots

i have changed my pc resolution to match game resolution etc

i have had 3 balls bowled to me once but then the screen went it seems to happen whenever the keeper touches the ball

i would just like to know what people who have had the roblem have done to rectify it...

any reply would received with great thanks

Thank You
Anthony

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
Right this is for all ppl with standalone graphics card and your PC demo crashing, open your case and clean the cooling system of the graphics card thoroughly, this was the case for me and I am happy i did it, now it plays like a dream.

If the above advice doesnt work, try updating your driver to the latest release, if that doesnt work rollback to the previous stable driver release, if that doesnt work post UR system specs with the problems and we will try to sort it out.

If we dont know UR systewm specs, open device manager and get your system details from there, if you dont know what is device manager, use google.

Anil Dharani said:
Yeah right! And the game works fine on my builtin S3 ProSavage DDR which is sharing the RAM, 32 MB of it(BTW I have 256 MB RAM). One of my friend has a PIII 700 MHz with 128 MB Ram and GeForce4 and the game runs perfectly and smoothly on his system. That clears it up that only GeForce2 has this problem and some other ATI card. The card by any means is not that weak coz the one ball which I've played, the game worked smoothly on Highest possible GFX settings. I know I may sound harsh but hey you have to understand my dissapointment.
IF U dont know this, check it out mobile graphics card are much weaker than desktop graphics card, so geforce4 go isnt the same as geforce4 Mx

Parkin09

School Cricketer
Hello Again!

i have updated my driver still not working...

can someone who has solved the problem e.g. rudeypooh explain what they have done

thanks again
Anthony

Users who are viewing this thread