Problems running the blic pc demo anybody?

rudeypooh said:
dhruvdeepak is a weird demo my friend lol
The fact that Codies have announced that they won't support integrated graphics cards gives them an excuse to not look at you guys problems. Thats sad actually!!

I got someone with the same graphics card as me- Sis 650 !!!! When I click on the icon it says 'Configuration Utility was not able to run" or some thing like that to do with Configuration Utility

actually codies have been very helpful trying to find a solution for me, over six emails back and forth from them and thats just today, which i must admit it quite impressive

does anybody played demo till now , bcos i see many people facing similar problem ,,like game crashing after one ball is bowled...can anybody help us what to do for this problem ,,,

rudeypooh said:
actually codies have been very helpful trying to find a solution for me, over six emails back and forth from them and thats just today, which i must admit it quite impressive
Well that's very nice to hear, but what I was saying that they are not oligated to solve anybody having problems with integrated graphics card as they are for someone having problems with say Geforce Fx 5500 card.

Codies can win all their customer's heart if they provide good customer service and support which has been lacking from EA's part.

rudeypooh said:
ive got a GeForce 2 MX 100/200 not integrated?
I am not talking about you but there are some people here with integrated grpahics card having problems.

rahulk666 said:
The fact that Codies have announced that they won't support integrated graphics cards gives them an excuse to not look at you guys problems. Thats sad actually!!

ya thats what they said when i told them about my problem
sis 650 doesnt work with BLIC!!
but i got it to work

I think GeFroce2 isn't a supported card by the game. I have the same card and the same problem occurs everytime. I tried every single solution listed in this thread and still couldn't get the game to work beyond one ball although that one ball that I played, the game worked really smoothly. The game actually crashes when the ball gets to the keeper(try noticing it). If you hit a four of the firstr ball, you'll get to play the second but if somehow the ball reaches the wicket keeper's hands, it'll crash. I tried new drivers, old drivers, formatted my PC 3 times and other solutions listed here but still couldn't get the game to work. Then I tried my friends ASUS Radeon 9250SE (128 MB) and the game is running perfectly. WTF, if the card isn't supported, then why list it? Or is this the problem with only the demo version? Im quite confused over getting this game. If somebody could find a proper solution, I, along with the others, would be thankfull. Please, if somebody could help us. Im trying my best to sort out the problem. If I succeed in finding the solution, I'll let you guys know.

This is what codemasters has to say when i contacted customer care reg game crashes after one Ball..........
Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer
Services concerning Brian Lara Cricket 2005.

Brian Lara Cricket 2005 has not been developed for, nor tested on,
laptop
computers. The reason for this is that most video and sound card
companies
sacrifice DirectX compliance for compactness and portability. Due to
this,
these manufacturers do not offer drivers that are optimized for
Direct3D
games, which means that you may have limited success in running Brian
Lara
Cricket 2005 properly.

The only thing we can suggest that you try is to make sure that you
have the
latest drivers for all of the laptop's hardware from the manufacturers
website. We are, unfortunately, unable to offer any more support than
this.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE

Kind regards
Chris
Codemasters Customer Services

The thing is that people are having problems even when they have ab external card like GeForce2. Some integrated AGPs seem to work flawlessly but what about the people wit external AGPs which are listed in the supported Graphics acard list? We're having this problem. ramana35 can you please mail them again telling them that this is also happening some external AGP cards as well.

Anil Dharani said:
The thing is that people are having problems even when they have ab external card like GeForce2. Some integrated AGPs seem to work flawlessly but what about the people wit external AGPs which are listed in the supported Graphics acard list? We're having this problem. ramana35 can you please mail them again telling them that this is also happening some external AGP cards as well.

Anil ! they need u r "dxdiag.txt" file ,,,run DXDIAG from u r system and save all information as text file and send the file as attachement to codemasters support centre , they will come back to u ,,,But dont expect much from them.

ramana35 said:
Anil ! they need u r "dxdiag.txt" file ,,,run DXDIAG from u r system and save all information as text file and send the file as attachement to codemasters support centre , they will come back to u ,,,But dont expect much from them.
Allrite thanks for the help ramana35. :cheers

I'll send them the info now and will hope for a proper reply from them. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread