Q&A

Faraz.Ahmed

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi everyone, I'll be checking back here again for any Q&A that you may have. I won't be reading any past posts but will try my best to respond to any new ones that come up.

Of course I must share the all important and much owed release date at some point soon. We want to bring to you a highly stable and enjoyable experience rather than an 'early' experience and so appreciate your patience while we iron out the systems and see a solid date that can be announced.

The current development focus is on the single player experience and multi-player gameplay balancing.

Thats all from the CR news desk for now, will keep you updated.

Thanks for this thread faraz!

I just had one question to ask;

Will there be any out-field variations like suppose the ball gets stuck and stops in the path on a muddy, watery outfield? or that lightning fast out-field that we get to experience under a perfect temperature, sun, humid day?

Cheers. Hope you guys....actually no! You guys WILL do better with the progress. It's really worth waiting for an awesome game to come. Good luck once again!.. :D..:D..

i think so

remember cricketlife08 was also been don for not getting release

What proof you have? Did they officially say a word that they're quitting? It's just some people are just not patient to play the game! Well, companies are just trying to get the patience off finally by getting some great cricket games out and people are crying out at them. But never compare something with the other. It's totally MEANINGLESS. Faraz is working hard and hopefully, we will be playing the game in some time. Just give the great team some time! Why can't people just do it!?

i think so

remember cricketlife08 was also been don for not getting release

Just do your research before you say things like that. I know this isn't the thread to be talking about Cricket Life but the reason they stopped giving news was because they completely changed the graphics team and started the graphics from scratch. At first it was just going to be another management game like ICC but now the player can actually do more than click and can actually play. The game is being endorsed by Mike Hussey as well and when a game is being endorsed by a professional sportsperson it is unlikely that the game will not be released. Now you will ask why they aren't releasing screenshots now. It is because they do not want to give people the wrong impression and show something which may not be indicative of what the final product will look like. There are many exciting features in the game so I suggest next time, you do your research before you moan again.

Thanks for this thread faraz!

I just had one question to ask;

Will there be any out-field variations like suppose the ball gets stuck and stops in the path on a muddy, watery outfield? or that lightning fast out-field that we get to experience under a perfect temperature, sun, humid day?

Cheers. Hope you guys....actually no! You guys WILL do better with the progress. It's really worth waiting for an awesome game to come. Good luck once again!.. :D..:D..

Thanks KB,

Yes, each venue has its own type of outfield. The variations depend upon the nature of the shot (grounded, hard bounce etc) and the overall nature of the outfield (slow, medium, fast). The weather also influences various gameplay aspects.

Thanks KB,

Yes, each venue has its own type of outfield. The variations depend upon the nature of the shot (grounded, hard bounce etc) and the overall nature of the outfield (slow, medium, fast). The weather also influences various gameplay aspects.

Cheers faraz. Sounds awesome, really mouthwatering from here. :D

Umm, i've just got another question;

Will there be the height factor or actually the players' heights are varied or all players have the same height?

And the second one:p sorry for being a prick, but i'm always keen on this game. :D, anyway,

I always wondered about the bat-lifts and injuries. Will there be any? :)

Cheers. Hope that's the last question for today. :p..:D..

Cheers faraz. Sounds awesome, really mouthwatering from here. :D

Umm, i've just got another question;

Will there be the height factor or actually the players' heights are varied or all players have the same height?

And the second one:p sorry for being a prick, but i'm always keen on this game. :D, anyway,

I always wondered about the bat-lifts and injuries. Will there be any? :)

Cheers. Hope that's the last question for today. :p..:D..

The game was designed bottom up to support different body types but the first release will not have varying player heights. This feature is however lined up for the many content updates that we will be sending through the live-update system.

There is a detailed injury system -> hitting a batsman on strategic locations will adversely affect his performance. :)

That's very nice. So that apparently will effect the confidence too. Nice game, wishing you luck once again. Seeing all this, i believe the game is just around the corner to be released. :)

If possible plz answer the following:

1. What will be the estimated system req's ? Will it run on single-core proc's or not ?
2. Will there be powerplays ? Controlled by player if bowling ?
3. Will there be bowlout's or that new rule (sorry dunno the full thing :D) ?
4. Estimated date for release and for a demo ?

If possible plz answer the following:

1. What will be the estimated system req's ? Will it run on single-core proc's or not ?
2. Will there be powerplays ? Controlled by player if bowling ?
3. Will there be bowlout's or that new rule (sorry dunno the full thing :D) ?
4. Estimated date for release and for a demo ?

1. Should run fine on single core processors. Our goal is to support average non-gaming systems and upwards. We will of course announce official (verified) numbers on ram/cpu/video memory requirements close to release.

2. Yes there are powerplays and are taken by the player who is fielding.

3. No bowl outs.

4. We'll be announcing the beta/demo and release dates in the near future.

when do we get to see the next batch of updates i.e screenshots or videos.

Answer these:

1)Can i retire hurt a player with a Shoaib Akhtar bouncer?
2)Is ther any stamina system for bowlers?
3)can we create a player?
4)can we create offline tournaments in the game?
5)can we create teams?

max_dillon2007 added 9 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

6) can a player walk down the track like gambhir or hayden instead of just dancing down the track?

now here is a suggestion. You should take a look at the Create-A-Finisher option of smackdown vs raw 2009 game. It is a great function and can be implemented in creating unique bowling actions. You can allow player to choose from several types of runups, then choosing a jump type,then selecting if player gets side on or front on midway jump, then select the position of bowling hand at the peak of jump, then landing,then delivery-slinging or straight,then follow through. This function would create enormous amount of user created content. Such a system can be implimented for batting too. Where ther ecan be different type of cover drives whcih a player can choose to assign to his player then there can be a choice of stance. etc etc. These minor things can beat those big bucks EA games out of market. Coz as long as we can customize a player the way we want, it doesnt matter if a game has licensed players or not. Coz at the end of the day games are to have some fun and if a game doesnt have a good gameplay then wtf can we do with those licenses.

Users who are viewing this thread