Q and A with Codemasters from Cricket Web

Holy crap codies wat the hell happened to professionalism and commitement
you guys are getting paid and we'r paying for your game

He says the arcadey gameplay will remain. But there are some positives from that interview as well, such as the inclusion of autoplay. One thing I like about codemasters is that how candid and to-the-point they are, unlike EA who try to spin an elaborate yarn around their products.

Very good interview that,I liked the fact that he recognized his last CPU AI as 'mechanical'.Im hoping that the AI will be editable this time but I doubt it.Online play adds a new dimension as even though in general the game isnt hardcore,but online play will make it challenging and a fun addition.Id say that the signs are much better as of now for this game as compared to EA's next release.

We'll see how it is when it comes out... It's too early to decide now...

I sincerly hope that the cut over third slip for six and the little flick over fine leg for six are gone!

The interview means that we will have the same arcady gameplay and i am disappointed that there was no question about ball speeds.

sami ullah khan said:
i am disappointed that there was no question about ball speeds.
That is a very good point. That bug was absolutely annoying.

Overall, I'm happy with the interview. They seem to be making some adjustments based on our complaints. More than I expect out of EA.

Add reverse swing and online play, we may have a very good game on our hands. :D

I don't care what they do as long as theres online play!!!

I thought about chaning from EA to codemasters, but after I read the interview, I will definitly not be buying the game...

Hopefully EA did better

What am I missing? Why was it disappointing? I can't believe you guys are judging a game based on an interview.

So what's going to be the best cricket game of 2007? step forward Cricket 2007 (it would seem)

Steve S.

Didn't sound extremely optimimistic but if they fixed the bugs from last year it would be great.

jdbais said:
What am I missing? Why was it disappointing? I can't believe you guys are judging a game based on an interview.

Quite right, some of the comments so far have been utterly ridiculous. BLIC 2005 wouldn't take much tweaking to make it a fantastic cricket game and it sounds like they might be doing that for 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread