RACING Racing Games

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Is wrc 9 that different from dirt rally 2.0 its relatively cheap on pc and on geforce now so i can play it at a high graphical level.Just mulling it over if I need another rally game.

I don't know anything about rally games. Maybe ask the guy who made that video of WRC 9.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I've been playing racing games mainly in the form of F1 for ages. Since Formula 1 '97' on the PS1 and more recently the Codemasters F1 games, Forza and Project Cars. (Hated Rallying/Rally cross....so didn't get into Colin McCrae and the likes).

Always used a pad....tried a wheel and pedals set up but it just didn't work for me at the time....although they are more sophisticated these days and might have another crack with a wheel at some point.

There are some fast lads and lasses who use the pad and can drive exceptionally well with them.....but not me! I enjoy the whole driving game experience though. It's just so immersive. The cars, the tracks, the sounds, the racing, the telemetry/stats, the visuals. I love it all.

My first racing game was the original Grand Prix game on the PC in the early 90's. There were no steering wheels around then, and the gamepad I had was pretty simple.

Yes, I've seen videos of guys driving with gamepads just as well as with wheels. For me, since I've had my steering wheel, there's no way I'd go back to a gamepad.

D

Dutch

A wheel is deffo the way to go although I use a gamepad for F1 as i cant always be bothered setting things up.

D

Dutch

I take it you're playing on PC Mr Dutch. The console version I reckon is going to be good......but on PC it will be a whole new experience.
Yeah there are a number of bugs and things need fixing but a lot of good mods already as well.

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Yeah there are a number of bugs and things need fixing but a lot of good mods already as well.

No worries. There are usually some bugs on the release of all games. It's if and how they get rectified that's the issue and I reckon Microsoft will put out as many patches as required. Download times/issues seem to have been a bit of a problem though. I'm still undecided as to get a download or disc version for my XBox One.

Users who are viewing this thread