Radaga's Cricket 2004 Patch:- First Release

Radaga

International Coach
Hi guys! :)
I have been working on a patch for the last few weeks and i have finished most of it to my liking, so i am going to release it for people to test.

This patch is supposed to be used with Sam's Edited EXE.
(get it from www.planetcricket.org at the downlaods section.)

This patch is meant to make Cricket 2004 a challenge to play for the most skilled gamers. (if you are not sure that you are absolutly ready for it don't downlaod it and complain about it being hard!)

The patch at the moment has only changend the following:
50 over One Day Internationals
and Test Matches.

The batting has been made harder for both and so has the bowling. The Pacing files have been edited for the 50 over ODI's, so the CPU should set a decent score, and also the shots have been made harder to play. It wil be harder to hit boundaries unless you time the shot beautifully.

Most of my testing has been on the 50 over ODI's batting.
Edges occur early on and they occur more if you play accross the line of the ball.
The shots have been made weaker, so boundaries are harder to find, placing your shots and quick singles will be how you get most of your runs.
Charging down the wicket is now much harder to play, most of the time the shot it skyed in the air.

When you go to install the patch make sure that the originally cricket_pc.gob file is installed in your Cricket 2004 directory, otherwsie the program will not install!

When installing the patch i recomend to back-up your:
cricket_pc.gob file and your SND_PC.PAK file (the .pak file is just incase, this file doesnt actually get updated.)

Thats about it for now, please post your reviews, feedback, suggestions, ect.............
All comments are appreciated, good or bad!

Cheers and have fun! :)

Last edited:
theres something wrong, with any patch that i install, the batsmen keep leaving the balls on the stumps, it happened with ravis patch and now its happening with this one as well ... can anyone help

Hi guys!

I did a big mistake and posted the wrong patch, the other one was an earlier one i made, it is a bit easier.

This one in this post is the latest one, please download this one and tell me your veiws.

Attachments

• radagas cricket 2004 patch.exe
    92.1 KB · Views: 51
Good work Radaga, its deffinatly more harder than ravi's one. the lower of pace is really good. I had a quick go, and was still able to bring up 50 runs by the start of the 5th over by lobbing the ball over the field, but once the field spread it would probably slow me down

Originally posted by groobz
Good work Radaga, its deffinatly more harder than ravi's one. the lower of pace is really good. I had a quick go, and was still able to bring up 50 runs by the start of the 5th over by lobbing the ball over the field, but once the field spread it would probably slow me down
yer, i am not 100% sure how to reduce the power of powerful shots, i am right with the non power ones but i need to eit the others some more

All these new patches.

How don they differ from Ravis?

He upgrades his patches but so many other guys think they can do a better job obviously.

I will still download it and give this one a go aswell.

Originally posted by Radaga
yer, i am not 100% sure how to reduce the power of powerful shots, i am right with the non power ones but i need to eit the others some more

Easy. Using the stroke editor, look for the shots I have called 6 Hit. Then you need to reduce the power value and/or the power area value for the Mode 6 Hit keyframes (not the Mode Normal Keyframes).

I am not 100% certain I have accurately labelled all the 6 hit correctly. but by reducing the ones I have done will have an impact in game.

Alternatively for the 6 Hit stokes, increase the difficultly6 setting. This will make hitting 6's harder for human and cpu batting

yer thanks Zim, i didn't have that stroke editor before i made the patch, but in the enxt version things will be much better, i can alreday tell you that

Users who are viewing this thread