Radaga's Patch:- *Version 3* (testers needed)

Radaga

International Coach
Hi guys!

I have finished Version 3 of my patch. This version is very tough to bat and bowl with. I would guess that a good score would be around 250 and the CPU will be pushing on that score when they bat.
Hope you enjoy this one, the sound problem ahs been fixed and the CPU doesn't leave the ball when its on the stumps.

HERES THE PATCH INFO:

This patch is supposed to be used with Sam's Edited EXE.
(get it from www.planetcricket.org at the downlaods section.)

This patch is meant to make Cricket 2004 a challenge to play for the most skilled gamers. (if you are not sure that you are absolutly ready for it don't downlaod it and complain about it being hard!)

The patch at the moment has only changend the following:
50 over One Day Internationals
and Test Matches.

The batting has been made harder for both and so has the bowling. The Pacing files have been edited for the 50 over ODI's, so the CPU should set a decent score and bat through their innings, and also the shots have been made harder to play. It wil be harder to hit boundaries unless you time the shot beautifully.
I woudl also advice against powerful shots untill right at the end of your innings, they will just sky up unless the timming is 100% perfect.

Most of my testing has been on the 50 over ODI's batting.
Edges occur early on and they occur more if you play accross the line of the ball.
The shots have been made weaker, so boundaries are harder to find, placing your shots and quick singles will be how you get most of your runs.
Charging down the wicket is now much harder to play, most of the time the shot it skyed in the air.

When you go to install the patch make sure that the original cricket_pc.gob file is installed in your Cricket 2004 directory, otherwsie the program will not install!

Thats about it for now, please post your reviews, feedback, suggestions, ect.............
All comments are appreciated, good or bad!

Cheers and have fun!

Attachments

• radagas cricket 2004 patch version 3.exe
    93.6 KB · Views: 55
it says in the installer to back-up your SND_PC.PAK file but it is not neccissary because i fixed that problem

Great work Tim, downloading now- I'll post my thoughts a bit later :)

k, thanks guys! :), looking forward to seeing what you have to say about this one

Guys, squiz informed me that on one of the screens it says: Radaga's Cricket 2004 patch:- version 2.

Dont worry about this, it is version 3, i just forgot to upadte the writing!

Aus vs Sth Africa

Normal Pitch

Aus 2/216 (50)

SA 1/32 (16)

Batting

The normal shots are pretty good, but a slight increase in power would be good- I only hit 8 fours for the innings (3 from edges). The other thing is I think you should make the power shots reasonably risky but not so you're basically committing suicide when you try one, or it doesn't even get off the pitch- It's frustrating having 9 wickets in hand for almost an entire innings (Hayden got out in the last over for 100) but not being able to have a go to try and lift the run rate.

Bowling

I've only done 15 overs but it seems to be pretty easy to keep the CPU from scoring- about 10 of the 32 they have got are no balls. I'll have to see how they go against spin later on.

I like the patch it certainly does make the game more challenging.

Just finished my 2nd 50 over game as Enlgand against Australia and have pretty much had to remodel my game.
The first game playing in my usual fashion a pathetic 90 all out off 17 overs, they made the runs in 30 . As someone pointed out earlier it is not difficult to stop them scoring.

2nd game i made 275/5 on a normal pitch with Solanki making 114 from 126 and bowled the Aussies out for 227 off 47.

Main things are: the advanced straight drive off the quicks seems a bit silly to me. Even though it does stop the slogging you can still get a single from it as it goes about half an inch from the bat and the fielder takes ages to get it - usually about 4 an over. Maybe it needs tweeking so it goes back to the bowler to stop this?

The advanced cover drive still goes flying away off the middle of the bat to the boundary usually at third man rather than through the covers.

I do like the consistency of the speed of the outfield. This was a problem in one of the other patches i've tried. The edges part - only seemed to really apply with tailenders and they seem to do it 100% of the time which i'm not to sure about but at least it does stop number 11's getting 50's!

I'll try it in a test match later and see what happens. Well done on what is an extremely good piece of work!

Patch is good, it seems like you need a little more power on some of the shots.

Personally, I don't like our advance straight just goes right in front of the batsman, it just looks stupid, and really unrealistic. You can only score a single off them anyway so its not a big deal.

Coverdrive is wierd as hell, going down to third man most times, and some of the edges i got were strange.

Other than that its a perfect patch, because it fully restricts your runrate.

Thank you very much all of you, this feedback is great news for me.

im sorry for the advance shot still not going far, i was sure i changend it but i musn't have saved, lol.
As for the bowling part of it, i changend the batsman to a bit less aggresive at the last minute, without testing, lol. In version 4 i will change it back to what it was like before, the CPU is much more aggresive.

As for the shots being more powerful brad, im not so sure, making them just a tiny bit mor epowerful makes them go for 4 a lot easier, i may ty it with reducing the outfield speed.

If you guys would like the aggresive shots easier to play, i can do that for you in version 4, but i would still advice aginst paying them in the middle overs.

If you guys would like the CPU to bat a bit more aggresive, open up the ODI Hard file in the CFG Editor and go to the CPU Stroke Selection part and change the CpuTacticsDefend from 0.8 to 0.6 and change the CpuBallsFaced from 0.5 to 0.3.

try that out then tell me what you think of the bowling.

Cheers :)

The patch is awsome.

I also believe some of the power issues for the straight drive are strange, however; it does stop the smash scoring issue.

My shot selection has been redeveloped and although I still can score 4's and the very odd occasional six the overall game play has moved up so many gears, Final verdict would be a resounding success.

Havent played a ODI yet, but in the current test series I was 6/116 until I moved my shots around and developed some different play pushed along to 7/352.

As for the fielder taking so long to grab of a straight drive, just dont run as if it was a leg bye.

In respect to the a tried to play and the advance straight drive power issues by trying back foot ( got caught on the pitch by the closest man ), played front foot resulted in LBW. Both were not the best timing.

I loved the fact that I had to change my play. I move my shots around and punish the bad balls now. Instead of punishing 90% of them.

Great patch.

Hi Guys! :)

I have been playing around with the values a bit and i think i have improved the bowling aspect of the patch by a lot.

I also edited the advance staright shots so it has a bit more power (yet to test it, need you guys to tel me if it worked).

Well for the bowling, CPU still gives off edges but i think i have made it a bit harder to get them out and they should hopefully play a bit more aggresive and get a decent score.

Not much has changend for the batting yet so i am just calling this version 3.1. Here it is, hope you guys find bowling better!

Attachments

• radagas cricket 2004 patch version 3.1.exe
    93.6 KB · Views: 115

Users who are viewing this thread