Random Thoughts

Epic run to the Rugby World Cup :laugh

Belted SA 28-7 in the QF.

Had an absolute epic SF against NZ. 7-7 at full time, then Carter scored a drop goal in the second half of extra time. After the clock went to 100:00 I got a penalty and nailed it. Won the drop goal shoot out. Epic

And then brushed aside the Poms in the final 14-0 :)

Epic run to the Rugby World Cup :laugh

Belted SA 28-7 in the QF.

Had an absolute epic SF against NZ. 7-7 at full time, then Carter scored a drop goal in the second half of extra time. After the clock went to 100:00 I got a penalty and nailed it. Won the drop goal shoot out. Epic

And then brushed aside the Poms in the final 14-0 :)

I bet its on easy mode :p

Right, so I'm pissed off and I have a reason to be. At about 12 this afternoon, I posted this on facebook.

Olli J Holden - Black Apalachi or State of Play for the GN, Don't Push It is a dark horse.

But living in Switzerland and being out all day I couldn't put any money on, so I'm walking through the door with my mum saying how funny it would be if all my horses came in the top 3, only to then read this on the BBC.

BBC said:
John Smith's Grand National
1. Don't Push It (Tony McCoy) 10-1jf
2. Black Apalachi (Denis O'Regan) 14-1
3. State of Play (Paul Moloney) 16-1
4. Big Fella Thanks (Barry Geraghty) 10-1jf

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement, I'm almost demanding money from my mum!

Ha, unlucky mate, could've made a bomb if you were able to bet on them to finish in the top 3. Chin up ;)

I won money on the GN last year as well! It's just so annoying, to think about it, it would have been 3 ?5 bets, 5 each way on Black Apalachi and State of Play, and then 5 outright on Don't Push It. Thats nearly 100 quid of winnings.

I despise the "sport", the traditions, the people that go and watch it in their ridiculous hats and mostly the coverage it's given on TV.

It's not the same as football, rugby, cricket - where you can go and play at you local park. The sole reason for it is gambling. Gambling which horse is the fastest and which horses won't fall and get shot.

It's often called the "sport of kings." I'd argue it's not even a sport and I won't even bother with the Kings bit.

It's alright now, kind of, just got my mum to give me 50 Francs for managing to get all 3!

Glad I went each way on State of Play!!! Still a win would've been better :p

I despise the "sport", the traditions, the people that go and watch it in their ridiculous hats and mostly the coverage it's given on TV.

It's not the same as football, rugby, cricket - where you can go and play at you local park. The sole reason for it is gambling. Gambling which horse is the fastest and which horses won't fall and get shot.

It's often called the "sport of kings." I'd argue it's not even a sport and I won't even bother with the Kings bit.

Ditto.

GG - Since when was it legal for you to vote?

We're talking about horse racing Sureshot, so where did you get voting from?

It is 0442 and I am *still* up. I just spent a week with my mate at Northants Uni, getting pissed every night, and now my body clock is ruined. This is going to take ages to put right...

It is 0442 and I am *still* up. I just spent a week with my mate at Northants Uni, getting pissed every night, and now my body clock is ruined. This is going to take ages to put right...

You obviously haven't had much experience with putting your body clock back. I have to do it every holidays, just before I go back to school. Just all nighter then sleep early the next night, or sleep 4 hours or less the night before having another early one. Too easy.

Fair shout. All-nighter tomorrow night it is.

Now I've just got to combat the detox-ing.

I say work hard one day - play cricket, take laps around a field, pushups, whatever- and get yourself exhausted. Take a shower, brush your teeth, eat something, and close the lights, make the room dark, and try and fall asleep one hour before whatever time you want to be sleeping regularly. If your normal timetable is going to sleep at 11, try and sleep by 10.

Regardless of what time you do fall asleep, force-fully wake yourself up at what time you do want to wake up regularly. Have some caffeine to keep you awake, go about your day, and then try and fall asleep at the normal time again.

Should work.

Users who are viewing this thread