Random Thoughts

I'd be commissioning a statue of myself.

Nothing too flash mind, like bronze or something. I don't want to look pretentious.

I fear Dan is being serious about the DB9, utterly fantastic car. However, at 20 (I think), Tom might struggle for insurance under ?30k a year, let alone the cost of running a car that has a 6l V12 under it's bonnet.

Mind you, having been in it's bigger sister, it is one hell of a lot of fun.

Lol, you find me one for that price in good condition and I'll buy it, and your cricket bat :p

2004 ASTON MARTIN DB9 V12 Touchtronic

Loads for that price on Autotrader.

I fear Dan is being serious about the DB9, utterly fantastic car. However, at 20 (I think), Tom might struggle for insurance under ?30k a year, let alone the cost of running a car that has a 6l V12 under it's bonnet.

I had a look for a laugh the other day, and I could get insured on one for about ?6k a year I think :p So yeah, slightly pricely.

That would be the deciding factor, I reckon the Golf R will still have slightly pricey insurance but at least it's affordable. Also odds are if I had an Aston Martin, you would see on the local Scottish news a dead student with a car on its roof cause I tried to see if I could go 150mph in it :laugh

2004 ASTON MARTIN DB9 V12 Touchtronic

Loads for that price on Autotrader.

I had a look for a laugh the other day, and I could get insured on one for about ?6k a year I think :p So yeah, slightly pricely.

Sorry Dan, no deal :p

Save the money, your grandparents spent their entire lives working hard for that cash and you will feel very guilty if you piss it away on having fun (speaking from experience). Save it until you need to buy a house.

All Nick Clegg did is what the SNP did to get into the power up here in Scotland. He could say what everyone wants to hear because up until now he had no chance of getting into power. All the stuff he said, he can't deliver, just like the SNP with all their promises. I would much rather Labour stayed in power then Lib Dem, at least they have some proper plans, no matter how much I disagree with them.

I saw it. My first time voting and I'll probably go Lib Dem. They appeal to me more and Nick Clegg isn't a complete twat, like Cameron and Brown. I want change and Conservatives isn't the right change, so Lib Dem is the only proper option.

All Nick Clegg did is what the SNP did to get into the power up here in Scotland. He could say what everyone wants to hear because up until now he had no chance of getting into power. All the stuff he said, he can't deliver, just like the SNP with all their promises. I would much rather Labour stayed in power then Lib Dem, at least they have some proper plans, no matter how much I disagree with them.

well I think lib dems are more aligned with me than the other two, but i'd rather vote anti-tory than for the lib dems. However with first past the post and the fact I live in liverpool there is no point voting labour to oppose the conservatives as they will finish a very distant third in my constituency.

There is also the whole mess about who the labour candidate is, which I bore you with the details of but it is sufficient to say that I will never vote for her to represent me/the area. ever. for many reasons.

Plus voting lib dems is probably the most I can feasibly do to support a change to proportional representation.

Last edited:
Frankie Boyle for PM! If this country will have a dumb scot as PM at least make him funny.

Decided on the car I am going to get now.

The new Golf R which is like a better version of the Golf GTI :D

2010-Volkswagen-Golf-R-Front-Angle-.jpg

I was having a look at the Golf R yesterday, great car I reckon. It does 8.5L/100km, produces 199kw of power from a turbocharged, 2.0L 4 cylinder engine.

Have a look at this, if you haven't read up much about it, which I doubt.

Volkswagen Golf R: review | Review | carsguide.com.au

Talks it up a shitload there.

Users who are viewing this thread