PS3: Ranji Trophy Competition | Punjab Warriors (Kushari) WIN THE LEAGUE

arjwiz

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Planet Cricket Ranji Trophy Competition for PS3

An 8-team league competition featuring Indian domestic teams with both local and international players, populated through a draft and auction.

TOURNAMENT WRAP-UP

Tournament Rules

AUCTION RULES

Auction Results

DRAFT RULES

CA PLAYER AND TEAM CREATION

Scorecard format

Team Download Instructions

Fixtures and Results

Matchday 1: 3 May to 16 May

Mumbai Scorpions beat Delhi Diamond Cutters by 8 wickets
Baroda Giants XI beat Jharkhand Heroes by an innings and 137 runs
Tamil Super Lions and Punjab Warriors have no fixture

Matchday 2: 17 May to 30 May

Punjab Warriors beat Tamil Super Lions by an innings and 144 runs
Baroda Giants XI beat Mumbai Scorpions by 37 runs
Delhi Diamond Cutters beat Jharkhand Heroes by 117 runs
Royal Bengal Tigers have no fixture

Matchday 3: 31 May to 13 June

Punjab Warriors beat Jharkhand Heroes by an innings and 532 runs
Tamil Super Lions beat Delhi Diamond Cutters by 4 runs
Mumbai Scorpions and Baroda Giants XI have no fixture

Matchday 4: 12 June to 22 June

Punjab Warriors vs Delhi Diamond Cutters
Tamil Super Lions vs Baroda Giants XI
Jharkhand Heroes beat Tamil Super Lions by 19 runs
Mumbai Scorpions have no fixture

Matchday 5: 22 June to 30 June

Punjab Warriors vs Baroda Giants XI
Mumbai Scorpions beat Jharkhand Heroes by 5 wickets
Delhi Diamond Cutters and Tamil Super Lions have no fixture.

Matchday 6: 1 July to 13 July

Mumbai Scorpions vs Tamil Super Lions
Mumbai Scorpions vs Punjab Warriors
Delhi Diamond Cutters vs Baroda Giants XI

Last edited:
Match Rules

READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE SETTING UP ANY MATCH!

Any manager who is hosting the match must create a new match type.

To create a new match type, go to Don Bradman Cricket Academy > Match Type Designer > New Match Type and use the following settings:

• Wickets per innings: 10
  • Balls per over: 6
  • Days per match: 3
  • Overs per day: 70
  • 2 Innings Match: Yes
  • Innings 1 & 2 Compulsory Closures: Not Enforced
  • Start Time: 9:30 am
  • Sessions- Session 1 Duration: 4 hours
  • Bowlers have over cap: No
  • Use diff ball from each end: No
  • New ball available: 35 overs
  • Follow on: Trailing by 200
  • Test match style wides: Yes
  • Free hit on no ball: No
  • No ball value: 1 run
  • Bouncers per over: 2
  • Decision reviews per innings: 2
  • BARS reset at: 35 overs
  • Keep BARS on umpire's call: No
  • Drawn/tied match: No winner is fine
  • Fielding restrictions: Max legside=9, Max behind leg=2, Max outfielders=9, Fielding restriction count=0
  • Visuals: Leave as default, with rope distance=Medium

Then press circle to go back and press triangle to edit the name to "PC Ranji Rules".

There will be maximum 105 overs per team and 210 overs per match. If you bat for 105 overs, you have to declare and cannot bat again in the match (this has to be done manually, as the match type does not recognise this). In the first innings, you can continue batting until (a) you declare, or (b) you are all out, or (c) you play 105 overs. In the second innings you can continue batting until (a) you declare, or (b) you are all out, or (c) you chase down the target, or (d) you play a total of 105 overs across two innings, in which case you must declare.

While setting up an online match, do not select Normalise Skills

Other Tournament Rules
  • Each match needs to be completed within 14 days of scheduling.
  • Managers should set up their matches well in advance by communicating on this forum.
  • Do not accept any forfeit request EVER.
  • In case your player is ruled out by the umpire due to a bug (such as bowled when it hit the legs, or caught when it bounces, or lag during play), tough luck. The same can happen to both players.
  • You MUST SAVE YOUR GAME every 10 overs. You have to save and exit, and then load the game again.
  • If any player gets disconnected or receives a black screen of death bug, please continue from the last save point.
  • Please try and connect your PS3 using a wired connection since BigAnt have confirmed that online play performs better this way.
  • It would be very exciting and informative for us all if you wrote down your scores at the end of every 10 overs or every session for everyone to see. Just the main scores and top batsmen/bowlers.

Points System

The official Ranji Trophy points system will be adopted.

• Outright Win - 6 points
  • Bonus Point (for innings or 10 wicket wins) - 1 point
  • First Innings Lead in a Drawn Match - 3 points
  • First Innings Deficit in a Drawn Match - 1 point
  • No Result - 1 point each
  • Outright Loss - 0 points

In case of equal points at the end of the tournament, ranking will be decided by Net Average; the higher the better. This is similar to Net Run Rate, but considers wickets instead of overs. The formula for Net Average is {(Total Runs scored in the tournament/Total Wickets lost in the tournament) - (Total Runs conceded in the tournament/Total Wickets taken in the tournament)}. Based on the formula (and based on logic), a higher Net Average is caused due to scoring more runs and taking more wickets, while losing less wickets and conceding less runs. A losing team is considered to have lost 20 wickets even if they have declared either of their innings (and the winning team is therefore considered to have taken 20 wickets). A winning team or drawn team or tied team is considered to have lost only the actual number of wickets they lost in the match.

Official Trailer Video

Tournament Organisers
@arjwiz - Rules, Auction / Draft
@ishaan+k - Team Creation on CA, Fixtures & Scheduling

Squad Composition

Each team will have a squad of 14 players, composed of the following categories:

1. Legend
2. Icon
3. Icon
4. Icon
5. Indian Tier A
6. Indian Tier B
7. Indian Tier C
8. Associate Nation Player
9. Sub Continental Player (non-India)
10. International (non-Subcontinental) Player
11. International (non-Subcontinental) Player
12. Indian Tier D
13. Indian Tier D
14. Indian Tier D

You can play any combination of these players in your matchday eleven.

These terms are explained as follows:

• A Legend is a retired cricketer who has played the bulk of his Ranji career for that team
    Examples: Sachin Tendulkar for Mumbai, Ganguly for Bengal​
    That player must exist in CA or must be created in CA by the manager and approved by Ishaan​
  • An Icon player is a player who is currently affiliated with that Ranji team
    Examples: Gambhir for Delhi, Rohit Sharma for Mumbai. Managers can choose their own icon players​
  • Indian Tier A-D players are other current Indian domestic and International players who have not been selected as Icon players

Building your roster

Managers will fill players in their teams as follows:
  • One Legend: Choose 1 former player who has played the bulk of his career for that Ranji team, and post your nomination in this thread
  • Three Icons: Choose 3 current players and post in this thread
  • One Indian Tier A and One Indian Tier B will be auctioned
  • One Associate, One Subcontinental, Two International (non-subcontinental) will be auctioned
  • One Indian Tier C and Three Indian Tier D players will be drafted

Managers will have the option to choose between zero and three Icons. Not selecting an Icon will add a certain amount to that managers auction purse. Details below. This ensures all teams are balanced, while retaining some link to the local team.

Auctions

The auctions are set for 1300GMT on Sunday 30 March 2014. The auction is expected to last for a maximum of two hours. We will attempt to finish 6 rounds of auction. If any remain, we will move to a silent auction where players do not need to remain online.

Base Prices for the auction is as follows:
  • Indian Tier A: $8,000
  • International: $8,000
  • Subcontinental: 6,000
  • Indian Tier B: $5,000
  • Associate: $3,000

Total Budget: $100,000

No manager can bid for an amount that would leave him without enough budget to fill his squad. In case of a tie, the first person to have lodged the bid will win the bid. In case of no bids, that player will be re-auctioned at the end of the round to managers who have not filled their quota of each category of player.

Not selecting an icon player will add $6,000 to the auction purse for each icon not selected under the maximum allowable three icon players. So, if Team A chooses three icons, they need to get 6 players with $100,000. If Team B chooses only two icons, they need to get 7 players with $106,000. If Team C chooses zero icons, they need to get 9 players with $118,000. These additional players cannot be International players, and can only be selected from the backup list provided below.

Additional Match Settings

These are basic settings that need to be used while setting up any match for this tournament. This list will be added to once everyone plays a few online friendlies and gets the hang of the game.

- Unckeck the normalisation box - we do not want online teams normalised
- Select stadium (pre-determined for your fixture)
- Select weather conditions and pitch conditions (pre-determined for your fixture)
- Select 2 innings, 270 overs maximum

Teams and Managers
  1. Kushari: Punjab
  2. ishaank: Bengal
  3. Solomon: Tamil Nadu
  4. Valerian140: Mumbai
  5. bradthelad: Baroda
  6. Sarvesh_aus: Karnataka
  7. arjwiz: Delhi
  8. azad: Kerala
  9. honu999: Jharkhand

Auction List

This list will be modified based on the number of managers who register. If someone picks an icon player for his team, that player's name will be removed from this list. Backup is to be used only in case a manager needs more players due to non-retention of an Icon player. Non-retained icon spots can only be filled using the backup list.

Only the current (2014) version of the player and his skills will be selected in Cricket Academy by Ishaan while formulating teams (except for the legend).

Indian Tier A
S Dhawan, R Jadeja, C Pujara, A Rahane, S Ahmed, B Kumar, A Mishra, U Yadav, P Ojha, P Patel
Backup: TBD (players will added once all managers have selected icons. Players will be moved up from Tier B to fill up Tier A).

Indian Tier B
M Agarwal, Mohit Sharma, Praveen Kumar, S Binny, A Dinda, J Unadkat, W Saha, A Nehra, A Mukund, Munaf Patel
Backup: S Badrinath, Y Takawale, S Aravind, RP Singh, A Mithun, Rahul Sharma

International
D Warner, S Watson, M Johnson, M Clarke, R Harris, P Siddle, B Haddin, D Steyn, AB de Villiers, H Amla, F Du Plessis, V Philander, M Morkel, A Cook, I Bell, J Anderson, S Broad, K Pietersen, B McCullum, R Taylor, T Boult, C Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, S Chanderpaul
Backup: None

Subcontinental
Saeed Ajmal, Misbah-Ul-Haq, Junaid Khan, Umar Akmal, Shakib-Al-Hasan, Umar Gul, Kumar Sangakarra, Mahela Jayawardene, Angelo Matthews, Rangana Herath, Younis Khan, Kamran Akmal
Backup: Shoaib Malik, Mohammed Hafeez, Tamim Iqbal, Dinesh Chandimal, T Dilshan, Thisara Perera, Ahmed Shehzad, Mushfiqur Rahim, Kusal Perera, Shaminda Eranga, Ajantha Mendis, Nuwan Kulasekara, Upul Tharanga, J Mendis, Asad Shafiq, Nasir Jamshed, Wahab Riaz, Azhar Ali, Bilawal Bhatti

Associate Nation
Peter Borren, Sagar Pun, Mohammed Nabi, Dawlat Zadran, Paras Khadka, Ryan Ten Doeschate, William Porterfield, Ed Joyce, Kevin O'Brien, Niall O'Brien, Majid Haq, Geraint Jones
Backup: Paul Stirling, Ben Cooper, Tom Cooper, Khurram Khan, Rizwan Cheema, George Dockrell, Jamie Atkinson, Ashish Bagai, Kyle Coetzer, Boyd Rankin, Trent Johnson

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest squads

c5dfle9.png

Team 1 - Punjab Warriors
Manager - kushari (PSN: ujjwal8281)
3.5 batting stars, 3 bowling stars, 3 shield
1. Lala Amarnath / Navjot Singh Sidhu
2. Kevin Pieterson
3. Yuvraj Singh
4. Ajinkya Rahane
5. Shakib-Al-Hasan
6. Angelo Matthews
7. W Saha
8. Harbhajan Singh
9. Dale Steyn
10. Umesh Yadav
11. Laxmipati Balaji
12. Sanju Samson
13. Unmukt Chand
14. Sarabjit Ladda

Team 2 - Royal Bengal Tigers
Manager - Ishaan k
3 batting stars, 3 bowling stars, 2 shield
1. Alistair Cook
2. Manoj Tiwary
3. Kumar Sangakkara
4. Abhinav Mukund
5. Saurav Ganguly
6. Ravindra Jadeja
7. Laxmi Ratan Shukla
8. Geriant Jones
9. Stuart Broad
10. Mohammed Shami
11. Parvez Rasool
12. Sarfaraz Khan
13. Rishi Dhawan
14. Baba Indrajith

Team 3 - Tamil Super Lions
Manager - Solomon (PSN: solo_1811)
3 batting stars, 3 bowling stars, 3 shield
1. M Vijay
2. David Warner
3. Misbah Ul Haq
4. William Porterfield
5. Dinesh Karthik
6. Mohammed Kaif
7. R Ashwin
8. James Anderson
9. S Venkataraghavan
10. Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
11. Ashish Nehra
12. Baba Aparajit
13. Vijay Zol
14. Iresh Saxena

Team 4 - Mumbai Scorpions
Manager - valerian140 (PSN: xvalerianx)
3 batting stars, 3 bowling stars, 2 shield
1. Wasim Jaffer
2. Brendon McCullum
3. Mahela Jayawardene
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Rohit Sharma
6. Abhishek Nayar
7. Mitchell Johnson
8. Praveen Kumar
9. Zaheer Khan
10. Amit Mishra
11. Mohammed Nabi
12. Mithun Manhas
13. Debrata Das
14. Hanuma Vihari

Team 5 - Baroda Giants XI
Manager - bradthelad (PSN: pure_brad95)
3.5 batting stars, 2.5 bowling stars, 3 shield
1. Vijay Hazare
2. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
3. Cheteshwar Pujara
4. Younis Khan
5. Ambati Rayudu
6. Yusuf Pathan
7. Parthiv Patel
8. Ryan Ten Doeschate
9. Irfan Pathan
10. Peter Siddle
11. Ishaant Sharma
12. Shahbaz Nadeem
13. Pravin Tambe
14. Ishwar Pandey

Team 6 - Karnataka Cyborgs
Manager - Sarvesh_aus (PSN: Atomx85)
3 batting stars, 3 bowling stars, 3 shield
1. Shane Watson
2. Ian Bell
3. Rahul Dravid
4. S Badrinath
5. Robin Uthappa
6. Thisara Perera
7. Sachin Baby
8. Vinay Kumar
9. Pragyan Ojha
10. Umar Gul
11. Pankaj Singh
12. Taruwar Kohli
13. Sagar Pun
14. Manpreet Gony

Team 7 - Delhi Diamond Cutters
Manager - arjwiz (PSN: arjwiz)
3.5 batting stars, 3 bowling stars, 3 shield
1. Gautam Gambhir
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Hashim Amla
4. Virat Kohli
5. Jimmy Amarnath
6. Ed Joyce
7. Niall O'Brien
8. Vernon Philander
9. Piyush Chawla
10. Saeed Ajmal
11. Mohit Sharma
12. Rajat Bhatia
13. Mandeep Singh
14. Pradeep Sangwan

Team 8 - Kerala Tuskers
Manager - azad
3 batting stars, 2.5 bowling stars, 2 shield
1. Shikhar Dhawan
2. Chris Gayle
3. Michael Clarke
4. Shoaib Malik
5. Peter Borren
6. Kamran Akmal
7. Wahab Riaz
8. Mayank Agarwal
9. S Sreesanth
10. Ajantha Mendis
11. RP Singh
12. Venugopal Rao
13. Manan Sharma
14. Dwarka Ravi Teja

Team 9 - Jharkhand Heroes
Manager - honu999 (PSN: honu999)
3 batting stars, 2.5 bowling stars, 2 shield
1. Ross Taylor
2. AB DeVilliers
3. Suresh Raina
4. Saurabh Tiwary
5. Jiwanjot Singh
6. MS Dhoni
7. Kedar Jhadav
8. Varun Aaron
9. Munaf Patel
10. Jaidev Unadkat
11. Rahul Sharma
12. Majid Haq
13. Parwinder Awana
14. Dawlat Zadran

Trades:

1) Brendon McCullum transfered from Delhi to Mumbai
2) Hashim Amla transfered from Mumbai to Delhi
3) Suresh Raina transfered from Punjab to Jharkhand
4) Ajinkya Rahane transfered from Jharkhand to Punjab
5) Kedhar Jadhav from Punjab to Jharkhand
6) Unmukt Chand from Jharkhand to Punjab
7) Jaidev Unadkat from Punjab to Jharkhand
8) Umesh Yadav from Jharkhand to Punjab
9) Majid Haq from Punjab to Jharkhand
10) Angelo Matthews from Jharkhand to Punjab
11) Ed Joyce from Jharkhand to Delhi
12) Munaf Patel from Delhi to Jharkhand

Last edited:
----------

[/COLOR]suggested legend list

Bengal: Sourav Ganguly
Delhi: Jimmy Amarnath (if created) MAK Pataudi (if Amarnath not created) Bishan Singh Bedi (if both not created)
UP: Mohammed Kaif
J+k: Ajay Jadeja
Maharashtra: Munaf Patel because he is probably the only legend from Maharshtra created but if Ck Nayudu is created then him
Karnataka: Rahul Dravid
Punjab: Lala Amarnath (if created), Yashpal Sharma ( if Amarnath not created)
Tamil Nadu:Srinivasaraghavan Venkataraghavan (if created) VB Chandrasheker ( if SV not created)
Himachal Pradesh: Rishi Dhawan idk any others
Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar
Saurshasthra: Amar Singh if created
Railways: Mohammed Nissar if created Syed Kirmani (if Mohammed Nissar not created)
Baroda: Vijay Hazare if created Zaheer Khan (if Hazare not created)
Gujarat: Nariman Contractor if not created (Jasu Patel)
Odisha: Debashish Mohanty
Vidarbha: Shiv Sunder Das idk?
Haryana: Kapil Dev
Jharkhand:MS Dhoni because new team
Rajasthan:Vinoo Mankad if not created (idk)
Madhya Pradesh: Syed Mustaq Ali if not created (idk)

these are for all the Ranjii franchises some of the legends have changed because players have contacted me if you would like t ochange your legend player pls feel free to contact me

Last edited:
In case of this new rule, I would then like to go with only Yuvraj Singh & Harbhajan Singh as Icon Player for Punjab....(So I am not selecting Mandeep Singh as my icon player anymore)...

Moreover, Ishaan, will it be possible for you to create Navjot Singh Siddhu in CA for me (As I am not good at it) as my Legend Player (Instead of Lala Amarnath)...

SO my final team composition should be like this:

Legend: Navjot Singh Siddhu
Icon Player-1: Yuvraj Singh
Icon Player-2: Harbhajan Singh

So, I guess now my purse for Auction will be $ 106000/- Am I right?

Ishaan bhai, Kapil Dev never played for Delhi, so how can you make him Legend for Delhi Team? Kapil Dev always played from Haryana...

I can understand about J+K getting Suresh Raina as they dont have any legend player, But giving Kapil Dev to Delhi is very unfair in my opinion..

The Draft and Auction should be fair for everyone..

----------

Further to my last post, if the argument is no one bid for Haryana so Kapil Dev is a freeagent, in that case can I take MS Dhoni as Legend for Punjab Team (Supposing there is no bid for Jharkhand Team)...

Ishaan bhai, Kapil Dev never played for Delhi, so how can you make him Legend for Delhi Team? Kapil Dev always played from Haryana...

I can understand about J+K getting Suresh Raina as they dont have any legend player, But giving Kapil Dev to Delhi is very unfair in my opinion..

The Draft and Auction should be fair for everyone..

Kapil Dev was a typographical error on my part. Ishaank had actually picked Jimmy Amarnath for Delhi. I have edited the squad list.

On another note, @azad, @rahulr, @valerian140. Please confirm your availability for Sunday 1pm GMT for the live auction.
@Solomon , @valerian140 , @bradthelad , @rahulr , @Sarvesh_aus , @AngryPixel , @azad please submit your legend and icon player once again if you haven't already in this thread.

Refer to post #3 in this thread for updates squad lists. If your squad is incomplete or incorrect, it is your responsibility to fill it out or speak up in this thread.

Last edited:
Rules are still unbalanced. Lets suppose punjab retains Yuvraj, then they are getting a player worth $8000 which is just a base price whereas if they didn't retain him then they would have got just $6000 in their purse. This is ridiculous. The smaller teams just cannot compete with bigger ones because of this rule. This is what happens when creator of league has conflict of interest.

Legend: S Venkataraghavan
Icon Player-1: Murali Vijay
Icon Player-2: Dinesh Karthik

If you look at IPL 2014 rules. they actually deduct an amount from the purse as that makes more sense. Each team had 60 cr purse and for every player retained, 12.5,9.5,7.5,5.5 and 4 cr was deducted from their purse. So if we take percentage of that method and equate it with our purse. For each player retained by a team, the purse should be reduced by following amounts:

1st player $20833
2nd player $15833
3rd player $12500
4th player $9166

Ishaan/arjwiz I will be available on Sunday 13:00 GMT for auction..I don't have any ICON players..zero

Hi I am new here..I have already preorder DBC14...

I want to take Jharkhand:
Legend: MS Dhoni
Icon1: Varun Aaron
Icon2: Saurabh Tiwari

I will be available for Draft on 30th March at 1300 GMT

Rules are still unbalanced. Lets suppose punjab retains Yuvraj, then they are getting a player worth $8000 which is just a base price whereas if they didn't retain him then they would have got just $6000 in their purse. This is ridiculous. The smaller teams just cannot compete with bigger ones because of this rule. This is what happens when creator of league has conflict of interest.

If you read the rules carefully, you will see that managers who do not retain an icon have exclusive access to a list of very strong players in the "backup" category. This includes current Sri Lankan and Pakistani internationals who are up there if not better than Yuvraj Singh. People who retain icons cannot bid for players in that backup list.

Adding $6000 per icon to the budget gives access to these players at their base price. You can choose how to spend your budget, and are likely to end up with one Indian Tier A, one subcontinental, and one Associate backup player at the very least, if not three subcontinental ones if you bid wisely.

There aren't many Yuvraj Singh's and Virat Kohli's that managers have access to. Look at Bengal, Baroda, Tamil Nadu, or even Mumbai. Bengal (Ishaan, the co-organiser) has retained Mohd Shami, M Tiwary, and LR Shukla. Not retaining any icon could easily have given him access to S Badrinath, Mohd Hafeez and Paul Stirling. The manager also has the flexibility to use that money to make a larger bid for an International player and going for two Associate players from the backup list.

There is not going to be much competition for backup players, so $6000 could possibly get you 2 very strong subcontinental players who are better than Yuvraj Singh or Rohit Sharma.

It is a "Ranji Trophy" competition after all, not a "New Random teams with one random legend" Trophy Competition.

Give it a try. I am confident it will work well.

----------

If you look at IPL 2014 rules. they actually deduct an amount from the purse as that makes more sense. Each team had 60 cr purse and for every player retained, 12.5,9.5,7.5,5.5 and 4 cr was deducted from their purse. So if we take percentage of that method and equate it with our purse. For each player retained by a team, the purse should be reduced by following amounts:

1st player $20833
2nd player $15833
3rd player $12500
4th player $9166

That is not a good comparison as those teams retained players of very high international standards, not Ranji level players. You are overrating the qualities of LR Shukla and many of these others who have been retained. The IPL itself is a terrible example to use, since it is well known to have biased squads depending on retention rules and auctions available to new teams.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread