PS3: Ranji Trophy Competition | Punjab Warriors (Kushari) WIN THE LEAGUE

Everyone, thank you so much for joining in today and staying much longer than we had expected. I am glad everything went by so smoothly.

You can all go back to your lives now :)

I will spend some more time trying to update the excel and paste full squads. I will do a write up summarising the auction. Stay tuned.

The next step is to do a draft for the Tier C and D players. We will do a snake draft without anyone requiring to come online together. We can do this later in the week. @Ishaan k can you provide us with a list of at least 36 Indian players who haven't been sold today? You can include the backup players who weren't sold today.

Great. Also, since you are going to be creating the teams on Cricket Academy, you should probably make sure these players you nominate already exist in CA, otherwise you might have to create dummy players on CA. I'm sure you don't want to do that! :D

Auction results

Ranji Trophy Competition Auction Highlights

We began the day with a mock auction that lasted an hour, followed by the actual auction of 54 players in 9 rounds that lasted about 5 hours. Luckily, all 9 managers, living in countries as far spread as Canada, England, Israel, India and Australia, attended the entire auction.

Some highlights from the auction

The most expensive players

AB DeVilliers - $44,000
Dale Steyn - $44,000
Mitchell Johnson - $38,000
Shane Watson - $35,000
Ravindra Jadeja - $34,000

Manager with the most budget left over

Valerian140

Manager with the least budget left over

bradthelad

Surprisingly high purchases, as a multiple of base price

Ryan Ten Doeschate - $21,000
Ashish Nehra - $30,000

Surprisingly low purchases

Ross Taylor, Sangakkara, Pujara, Jayawardene, Philander, Gul, Anderson all at base price.

Azad also picked up three backup players at base price - Shoaib Malik, Wahab Riaz, and Ajantha Mendis. Shows the value of NOT retaining players.

Updates Squads After The Auction
I've tried creating the teams based on batting order (Baroda didn't copy correctly).
i4ZqxUB.png

The squad list is always going to be updated in post 3 of this thread.

Detailed round-by-round results based on budget and squad composition constraints

For detailed results, check out the really cool excel spreadsheet attached. Play around with columns E and F to see what possibilities might have existed.

It was an extremely fun day, and hopefully we do another such auction for another league later in the year.

Attachments

• RanjiAuction.xlsx
    20.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Who do you think did well at the auction and who do you think missed out? How would you rate the squads?

I personally think bradthelad did great. He has lots of depth in this team. Azad did well with his three backup picks at the end. I'm also quite happy with my own squad.

I still can't believe Ishaan got Sangakkara for $6000. And that Shikhar Dhawan sold for $24,000 while Pujara was sold at base price. This is a test match we are playing!

One strategy I used was to avoid picking left-handers, since I wasn't sure I would be comfortable playing with them. I ended up having to take Niall O'Brien. I'd say Steyn is the one that got away. I really wanted him since my fast bowling is really weak. I'm delighted I got Philander and Mohit Sharma at base price during the unsold player round, otherwise my opening bowlers would have been Amarnath and Sehwag!

Who are you happy or unhappy with in your team?

Last edited:
This is really cool. Appreciate efforts taken by Arjwiz and Ishaan into making this successful.
As for my auction review goes, I am more or less satisfied with my team so far. Went into the auction with one clear aim which was to pick up Mitchell Johnson at any cost which I have achieved. Second aim was to pick up Shane Watson who is a quality all rounder. However it came to a point where I had to choose between Watson and Johnson. Since, I needed a quality fast bowler went in for Johnson. :yes
Next needed a really good spinner. Toss was between Mishra and Ojha, but got Mishra easily without a fight. Let's not forget Mishra can bat also. ;)
Next my team required a good defensive batsman who can bat for his life and who better than Amla for that job. :D
However, I repent on loosing out on Angelo Mathews. He would have been a good all rounder to have and looking at the budget I have remaining I could have easily have got him. :spy

Overall it has been quite good fun being a part of such an event. Looking forward to the drafts so that we can have our squads completed. Job well done mates. :clap:cheers

Valerian your team is awesome. I missed that. I'm a Mumbaikar and I'm also a big fan of Jaffer. Jaffer, Amla, Jayawardena, Sachin - wow! What a top 4 for a test, followed by Rohit and Mitchell Johnson. Get a proper wicket keeper and your team is golden!

im really pleased with me team I went overboard on jaddu because I needed a spinner because I was outbid on Ajmal I was shocked that I got Sanga for such a low price I think im going to have a difficult batting lineup to play against Sanga,Dada,Tiwari, Lrs, Cook, Mukund , Jones I think a have a weak bowling attack tho tried to get Steyn and I was aiming for De Villiers but all an all pleased with team:D

Guys, I'm trying to create the groups for the tournament. We will do 3 groups of 3 teams each.

Before the groups are announced, can everyone please copy this form and fill out their details? It will help decide groups, based on availabilities.

When are you available to play DBC14
  1. Kushari -
  2. ishaank -
  3. Solomon -
  4. Valerian140 -
  5. bradthelad -
  6. Sarvesh_aus -
  7. arjwiz -Weekdays between 7&10pm GMT, weekends almost all day GMT
  8. azad -
  9. honu999 -

Solomon -Weekdays 2000hrs GMT Weekends early hrs GMT and after 2100hrs GMT

weekends anytime basically except saturday mornings and evenings EDT

I am pretty happy with my squad. My strategy was to go for genuine batsmen and bowlers. I feel there is a void of not having a genuine allrounder though. But hopefully Ashwin can live up to his reputation. I feel there is a balance in the squad as none of us really know how the attributes of a batsman, bowler, batting allrounder or bowling allrounder are going to affect in the game. So I think its a risk I am taking, going in with Stroke players who need to survive the bowling attack and my wicket taking bowlers exploit the conditions well. Good Luck to all of us. Waiting to get ma hands on this game. I have btw bought an elgato game capture to record and live stream gameplays :)

stay tuned guys im making a promotional video for the tourny ill soon have a sneak peak up

anyone know how to upload an mp4 file

Users who are viewing this thread