Real Cricket Real Cricket '14: Live: iOS & Android!

How do you guys rate Real Cricket? 14 Vs the Rest?

• The Best

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Better than Some

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • At Par

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • The Others are Better

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Was about to delete this game..until I saw this post.
Great news Anuj..will wait for the update.I also got a bunch of bugs..have been way too lazy to post em.Will try my best to post the screens today.

mav77mortal

Game Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It would be great if you could send the screens on email ([email protected]) instead. Rather clutters the thread.
Good choice by not deleting just as yet. We realised that we had hit a block and we had to make a lot of changes inorder to achieve our larger goal.

Last edited:

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Will do that today mate.The game has been lying inactive for a long time on my device,hence this thought.
Btw when is the update scheduled to roll out?

Paree

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I have played your Ultimate cricket 11 WC Edition(infact i completed it yesterday)
its a nice game is the gamplay of real cricket like UC11 or is it better

mav77mortal

Game Developer
I believe in my opinion (a biased one) that UC11 was the best cricket game ever released on the java/symbian platform.

Real Cricket is an amazing effort, has a lot more potential and with a little bit of time I think there is way more scope with Real Cricket due the amazing nature of the newer devices that get released everyday which allow us developers to provide more power packed features

That said - I rather have this question answered by the rest of the members here on PC..
Honestly I would love to know how everyone responds to that question of yours.

mav77mortal

Game Developer
So our rather large update is finally ready and uploaded to the Play Store.
This should be ready to download on your devices shortly. Normally takes a few hours to reflect.

Cheers ! and Enjoy.

Do leave your feedback :)

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The update is live. But my word, 394 MB? How did you manage to break free of the 50 MB limit?

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
What have you guys exactly added that the game has become so massive in size now? :eek:

mav77mortal

Game Developer
We have added individual sprite sheets for each team. This allows for greater detail in uniform textures and patterns.
Also this improves loading times since earlier we used just one sheet and changed color on the fly(extended load times) and stored in device cache. Hence the purple/pink jersey issue on interrupts since whenever the lock screen or an external interupt occured the device OS flushes out cache as per its convenience and the sprite would lose the color change made.
Since we have 32 teams in the game - the package size increases. Along with this if you have noticed the characters are rendered with more detail and higher definition.

----------

The update is live. But my word, 394 MB? How did you manage to break free of the 50 MB limit?
Google allows expansion packs for games who wish to pump in more content.
We used the same technique that all franchise games use - Fifa, Asphalt etc.
We do realize that some people do find it annoying to download a large game but unfortunately we have decided that this was something we could not avoid at this stage.
We have started working on some customized tools to optimize better but unless we make 3 different versions of the game - IPL version, T20 version, Masters version... I'm afraid its the consequence of wanting to pack everything into one game.

Hero

Club Captain
Nice update and game is working in better way as feeling more smoother etc.Will review in details later.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ok. Here's something which I thought wasn't an issue because I thought it was supposed to be like that in game.

Today I referred this game to my friend (he is completely hooked to it btw) and there was one major difference in the game running on his phone v/s my phone.

In my phone, the inner white circle isn't visible and neither is the boundary rope circle along with the advertising boards. This was the case right from the first release version.

I'm attaching a screenshot for reference. The capture was taken right before the boundary pop up was about to be displayed and you can see that it's just a plain field without the boundary rope or advertising boards.

I'm guessing it could be because I've a low end phone (Dual Core 1.2 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Android 4.0). If not, is there something that I can do in order to get those things back?

PS: Props for a faster loading and some new exciting updates :thumbs

2rgcg9g.png

Attachments

• norope.png
    norope.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread