Really giving up with batting?!!

thanks for the tips mate , just one more question as i find leg side shots easy to hit but when i get balls on off i get confused and instead play the shot elsewhere , i guess my hand are not well set on analog stick as i respond late . When i premeditate to hit in d off side nd d bowler ball in leg den in confusion i mess it up and my batsman get out. Scoring is not tough in dis game but scoring according to line and length and acording to your choice is tough

thanks for the tips mate , just one more question as i find leg side shots easy to hit but when i get balls on off i get confused and instead play the shot elsewhere , i guess my hand are not well set on analog stick as i respond late . When i premeditate to hit in d off side nd d bowler ball in leg den in confusion i mess it up and my batsman get out. Scoring is not tough in dis game but scoring according to line and length and acording to your choice is tough
If you are investing your time in it and trying to get it right that then I really appreciate it as complaining about it isn't gonna help anyone..So my tips would be play in the nets with fixed length first with fast, fast medium, medium bowlers for a period of time...Then change the length and try playing and repeat...After you get better at playing at different length, set the pace variation and random for length..You will surely get better over time...
For this in nets you can try any shots as that's the best place to try it out...
Then your fingers will automatically start playing the shots [that's what happens to most of the players, you dont think just play the shot after a period of playing the game]
After gaining confidence start playing casual matches...Everytime try to settle in before playing the slog shots..Try placing the balls for singles..Once you gain confidence in the match you can play few aggressive shots [try using L2+R2 combo for aggressive ground shots]...:thumbs

I think also you might need to re-evaluate the goals you are aiming to achieve. I play on pro and I was hoping to just start belting boundaries and making centuries. I have clocked up about 60 hours and am still yet to make a century (if this were any other game than a cricket game I would have probably destroyed my PC by now with fists of rage). But the problem for me was that my goals were unachievable at that stage.

I changed my mindset and set a target to make 30s, and I really started to enjoy the game, now I can make 60's in about 50% of my innings. Still trying to get that century, it's frustrating at times but I think as the others have said this game rewards the time that you put into it and especially in the nets. You might even want to work on just playing cover drives for an hour and try subtle variations of the right stick to see where it places it on the field so that you can consistently hit gaps.

I would also recommend choosing to play front or back foot for an entire innings if you are having trouble with the timing which we all do in most cases. At current there is no downside to letting the ball hit your batsman in the head so if you play front foot for everything you still have a wide range of shots but will struggle against the short ball.

You might also want to limit the amount of strokes you play until you perfect the ones you are working on. For me hitting through the covers makes me the most runs and I rarely play square of the wicket. I will implement this into my game at a later stage.

Good luck and keep playing. Also if you make a garbage score for an innings you can always simulate to the next innings or start a new match :)

If you are investing your time in it and trying to get it right that then I really appreciate it as complaining about it isn't gonna help anyone..So my tips would be play in the nets with fixed length first with fast, fast medium, medium bowlers for a period of time...Then change the length and try playing and repeat...After you get better at playing at different length, set the pace variation and random for length..You will surely get better over time...
For this in nets you can try any shots as that's the best place to try it out...
Then your fingers will automatically start playing the shots [that's what happens to most of the players, you dont think just play the shot after a period of playing the game]
After gaining confidence start playing casual matches...Everytime try to settle in before playing the slog shots..Try placing the balls for singles..Once you gain confidence in the match you can play few aggressive shots [try using L2+R2 combo for aggressive ground shots]...:thumbs
can u help me with one more thing as i can play simple shots but if a bowler ball a loose delivery and by seeing tht delivery deciding whether to hit six or play it simple is tough as d reaction time is less ,I mean i m without premediatating fr hitting six is it possible to react just by watching d delivery to hit six is possible or not , can u give me some tips

can u help me with one more thing as i can play simple shots but if a bowler ball a loose delivery and by seeing tht delivery deciding whether to hit six or play it simple is tough as d reaction time is less ,I mean i m without premediatating fr hitting six is it possible to react just by watching d delivery to hit six is possible or not , can u give me some tips
For those moments I usually decide on the length if full then easy to slog it...If on good length better place it for a single or two..
The way I play is once you get hold of the controls you just play the shot, as you know that ball is meant to be hit, its always in the back of my mind...But this will take some time...So just try to play a career at pro level as a batsman and you will see improvement in a month or so with the game...

i also have one more trouble judging ball on the off stump and outside odd stump as in a match i m playing leg side shots suddenly a ball in pitched on the off i am able to judge its line and mess it up playing on d leg after tht i premeditate to play on d off and it spoils my game and concentration

i also have one more trouble judging ball on the off stump and outside odd stump as in a match i m playing leg side shots suddenly a ball in pitched on the off i am able to judge its line and mess it up playing on d leg after tht i premeditate to play on d off and it spoils my game and concentration
Best way is to watch the ball...You will get better over time...

Have you bought the game yet?

My $0.02 worth:

1. don't premeditate. Yes its hard but worth it. Premeditating limits your shot range - waiting for the ball allows you to play a more correct shot (unless you want to premeditate eg. 6 shots).
2. watch the ball (basic I know)
3. learn to play off the back foot, esp cuts/late cuts/drives. For some reason, a lot of the time back foot drives = 4, front foot drives = 3.
4. check the field after every ball, esp AFTER you've hit a 4 or 6 (the AI will most probably change the field giving you a gap somewhere else)
5. take your time. Chances are, you won't middle the ball in the first 3-4 overs..but after that it'll fly (esp after your confidence increases).

its worked for me.

My $0.02 worth:

1. don't premeditate. Yes its hard but worth it. Premeditating limits your shot range - waiting for the ball allows you to play a more correct shot (unless you want to premeditate eg. 6 shots).
3. learn to play off the back foot, esp cuts/late cuts/drives. For some reason, a lot of the time back foot drives = 4, front foot drives = 3.
4. check the field after every ball, esp AFTER you've hit a 4 or 6 (the AI will most probably change the field giving you a gap somewhere else)
5. take your time. Chances are, you won't middle the ball in the first 3-4 overs..but after that it'll fly (esp after your confidence increases).

its worked for me.

If i wait for the ball without premeditating, am missing the perfect timing against the fast bowlers. Is that common? or is it possible?

My $0.02 worth:

its worked for me.

I think also you might need to re-evaluate the goals you are aiming to achieve. I play on pro and I was hoping to just start belting boundaries and making centuries. I have clocked up about 60 hours and am still yet to make a century (if this were any other game than a cricket game I would have probably destroyed my PC by now with fists of rage). But the problem for me was that my goals were unachievable at that stage.

I changed my mindset and set a target to make 30s, and I really started to enjoy the game, now I can make 60's in about 50% of my innings. Still trying to get that century, it's frustrating at times but I think as the others have said this game rewards the time that you put into it and especially in the nets. You might even want to work on just playing cover drives for an hour and try subtle variations of the right stick to see where it places it on the field so that you can consistently hit gaps.

I would also recommend choosing to play front or back foot for an entire innings if you are having trouble with the timing which we all do in most cases. At current there is no downside to letting the ball hit your batsman in the head so if you play front foot for everything you still have a wide range of shots but will struggle against the short ball.

You might also want to limit the amount of strokes you play until you perfect the ones you are working on. For me hitting through the covers makes me the most runs and I rarely play square of the wicket. I will implement this into my game at a later stage.

Good luck and keep playing. Also if you make a garbage score for an innings you can always simulate to the next innings or start a new match :)

QFT, do these things and you will get the hang of it.
My advice:
Footwork is most important, play straight unless it's a bad ball (remember juniors)
Balls on or outside off at a good length are what you want, play the beat extra cover game or smack em straight, if your timing is good they won't carry unless the fielder is short or the ball pitches short (not a good length)
did I mention footwork, good footwork can turn a good ball into easy runs, bad footwork will bring you undone
outside off and short play the beat point game, similar rules to the beat cover game
if you play and miss a few times look to keep things simple, edges/unplayable ball will follow
patience and persistence, keep with it, runs will come
did I mention footwork?

edit, missed a quote, was in reply to Al Pacino

Last edited:
another thing - anything straight = hit to legside off the front foot. For some reason the back foot leg glance animation results in your player walking away from the ball, which usually results in being bowled (really stupid). Besides, the front foot leg glance (ie. hitting it to square leg) does go for 4 or, if early, will go to mid wicket or forward of mid wicket.

If i wait for the ball without premeditating, am missing the perfect timing against the fast bowlers. Is that common? or is it possible?

it will come with time. Once your confidence increases, you tend to middle the ball - don't know if its built in or just natural. I've found that I tend to drive less (riskier) off the front foot, but wait and play the shot off the back foot unless its straight on. I sometimes get it all mixed up and get bowled/LBW but most of the time it works. Its just that I could never play cut shots, late cuts or guiding the ball to 3rd man off the front foot.

i have trouble playing square cuts as i m unable to judge d line and length and tend to play some where else , i can easily score runs in d leg side, i guess my hands r not well set on right stick which makes me nt able to judge proper shot to play i have to memorize everything no matter how long i play can some one help

i have trouble playing square cuts as i m unable to judge d line and length and tend to play some where else , i can easily score runs in d leg side, i guess my hands r not well set on right stick which makes me nt able to judge proper shot to play i have to memorize everything no matter how long i play can some one help

Yes, but please get your copy verified first.

Users who are viewing this thread