Recess Mafia - Mafia (Hedger & IceAge) Win!

I don't have enough of a read on anybody as yet to vouch for someone. However suspecting someone for suspecting you is just the same as tit for tat, which is pretty frustrating to witness to be perfectly honest. I understand that Simon has dabbled in a bit of set-up talk as well but I wouldn't think to look too much into it yet.
I again do take the same view as I did regarding speculating about a possible set-up. For all I know it might be a legit effort by you to chip in but I still think it counts for zilch at the moment.

I'm not sure how you can classify adding random roles that might be in the setup with nothing to base those on as a legit effort.

Simon's effort was at least somewhat useful, trying to get a little discussion going although it's nothing much to go on.

And yay more replacements, gonna lose track of who's playing by the end of the day

I'm not sure how you can classify adding random roles that might be in the setup with nothing to base those on as a legit effort.
Not my idea of constructive input, no. Which is why I took issue with it in the first place.

Okay hedger, some random bullshit is anyday *better* than speaking nothing. And no I didn't put a suscipion on you just because you had one on me. You've already started getting town vibes on two people on Day 1, seriously? Which makes me think in no way Loco or Simon would be paired up with you if you're a mafia as that would be a very dumb move.

Why shouldn't we've a FOS on you? What have you added towards the game? A big zero. It's Day 1 and not adding anything significant towards the game shouldn't be a reason to go after anyone. Deal with it.

Okay. @shoaibakhtar has been replaced by @themusketeer

I will request shoaibakhtar to follow the game and get a better idea of how to play. Also, I will see if @joejoe018 is able to play well otherwise he will also have to be replaced by Swirler.

24 hours for the day to end!

While the write-ups don't reveal anything to me .....I will go for a Inactivity Lynch.

Lynch : Joejoe018
Reason :
Only One post since Game Started.

Mate, I have nothing to post about so why would I post as of yet.

I wish yash would have that attitude. Might not hurt my brain so much.

@yash - why is some random bullshit better than nothing. Is talking about the weather better than saying nothing?

Which makes me think in no way Loco or Simon would be paired up with you if you're a mafia as that would be a very dumb move.

Oh look something game related. At least you can come up with some reason, not to mention it was a bad read but at least we're getting somewhere. 1) Loco was the only one I townread, I specifically stated that Simon is null. 2) Just say I was mafia, why couldn't they be my partner? If every mafia distanced themselves from each other for an entire game it would be too easy. You're saying that because I outted reads on them, that I can't be mafia with them - yes you're right that we're not mafia together, but not because of your reasoning, just because of the fact I'm town.

You also need to take into account reverse psychology.

As for what I've contributed to the game - I'm really starting to doubt you're actually reading, I've caused more discussion myself than everyone else combined, although most of it has been arguing with you. I stated initial reads, that's what they were, you can't get anywhere without discussion. My reads have gotten a response out of you, thus they've done something. Also weren't you going on about how posting anything was better than nothing? Thus by that logic I've posted more than anybody, thus I've contributed something.

I don't find your contradiction scummy per say, just that it's really difficult to not take anything you say seriously because you contradict yourself at every turn. And I'm pretty sure you are always this bad. I remember tunneling you on d1 in the superhero mafia due to you being that bad and everything that came out of your mouth was scummy as fearsome tweak.[DOUBLEPOST=1418900667][/DOUBLEPOST]also lol I hope that random guy yash doesn't randomly show up

I love the writeup. Reminds me of that Recess movie that came out.

I didn't realize this before, but the opening writeup is actually a direct reference to the movie Recess: School's Out. I think it's safe to assume that the characters are based on the movie. Based on that, Dr. Phillum Benedict should be mafia godfather or a mafia at least. I don't really think that we should follow the movie plot and characters blindly, but it can serve as a confirmation of facts.

As to the discussion above, I've nothing significant to add. It's stupid discussing whether 'random bullshit' helps or not, and I wasn't being serious with the FOS on IceAgeComing. I find both hedger and yash a bit too aggressive for Day 1, but it's been a long while since we played together, especially hedger, so I won't conclude much from it.

I don't think you can be too aggressive for day 1 without being the cheerleader for a bandwagon or actively pushing for a punch. Day 1 information actually gains importance as you move towards the end of the game: since things said on day 1 can gain importance

I'm a little suspicious of joejoe018 since he's only made two posts consisting of "I have nothing to post about" which I'm sure we've had a six page discussion about (;)); since he may just be trying to hide from sight. Themusketeer is null whichever way you put it at the moment (since he only just replaced in) and i don't have anything strong at the moment. I don't have anything strong on anyone else at the moment: but that's without a reread so its just based on earlier perceptions.

While the write-ups don't reveal anything to me .....I will go for a Inactivity Lynch.

Lynch : Joejoe018
Reason :
Only One post since Game Started.
I suggest you should post something worthwhile first before going for an all out lynch. People with glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
I'm looking for @thedon5 's input too. Town or Mafia, he usually does have something constructive to add.
And @hedger_14 , if you'll excuse me I'll have to take your 'town read' on me with a pinch of salt for the time being.

I find both hedger and yash a bit too aggressive for Day 1, but it's been a long while since we played together, especially hedger, so I won't conclude much from it.
Agreed.
But I doubt both of them can be of the same alignment. If there is an investigative PR in play, the return on one of them would be sure to land either Hedger or Yash in hot water. That's my view. I wonder...

Okay, that's it.

Some talked bits and pieces while others didn't know what to talk about. The day ended.

It is now Night 1.

Please send your roles within 24 hours.

No more posts allowed till then in the thread.

Night 1

The night began.

-----

You take care of him..

I will.

-----

I couldn't... :(

Wtf!

-----

The sun had come out. There was no dead body found. Everyone were happy.

It is now Day 2.

With 10 alive, it takes 6 for a lynch.

hmm, that's interesting. It probably confirms that we either have either a doc or a role blocker (which wouldn't be overly surprising). If its the latter then I guess that we'll see someone pushing rather vigorously for the lynch: if its the former then we'll probably see quite an argument if we try to lynch whoever it was the scum tried to target. That's assuming that the mafia have at least tried to NK someone - you'd be surprised what could happen especially if the scum have night roles of their own that they can use in place of using their NK...

That's assuming that we don't have either an SK or a town-aligned vig or something else. That could complicate matters if we have a role blocker; especially if its a town-aligned person with a NK...

Its 3am here; I'll flick through day 1 again and share whatever thoughts I have tomorrow...

Very useful writeup....

@IceAgeComing - really not sure the need to point out the obvious there. Seems like a lot of information there that's better kept to yourself.

Can't see there being two killers in this game given no deaths last night, especially since the writeup only mentions one failed kill.

Since no in-roads have been made in terms of discussion as yet, my primary FOS is now on Yash. He can scream and kick all he likes, but his contribution to the game so far is inexcusable.
One thing we can take from the night is that at least one townie should know who one of the mafia are, so subtly making that known is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread