Release in North America + Preorder Prices?

triplehtheking

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Will this game release in Canada or US? and Why are the pre order prices so high? A regular current gen game is usually $60... plus this game is releasing on current gen, not next gen... highest it should be is $60 and the lowest I found it online was $79... can someone find me a cheaper website? I really wanna buy this game but $80 for a current gen game is way too much

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Those are aus $, not us $.

Game will be available through some online retailers in usa and canada

triplehtheking

School Cricketer
$79 in australian is still $76 canadian... thats still alot of money... I'm not sure if retailers are taking advantage of the fact that this game will not be in most countries

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
$79 in australian is still $76 canadian... thats still alot of money... I'm not sure if retailers are taking advantage of the fact that this game will not be in most countries

Currency conversion is not how game price is determined. The price of the game in usa and canada will be similar to local game prices.

triplehtheking

School Cricketer
But I still pay the same price if I buy online. Which canadian retailers will have this game? I checked on ebgames.ca and they didnt have it listed

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Going by Ross's mentions over last few months - There would be online distribution planned for US/CA markets, meaning we dont have to pay same price and import from UK/Aus/Asia but we should be having some local online distribution & shipping us the game.

This is what I have understood from Ross.

----------

Adding to it, I am also very keen to see whether Amazon is on cards for US distribution. That would be an fantastic option for US/CA buyers, in particular most of the US/CA frequent shoppers are prime members with option of getting the game immediately without delays. I guess we will loose on the pre-ordering options like what Aus/UK has(steelbook edition), but am happy to get the game alone still. :D

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
If you're reading between the lines, part of the delay from what I can tell is due to the distribution issues getting a worldwide release in certain countries. Either way, you'll have access to the game on Steam sooner than later anyways...

If you want it for console and you're in a part of the world where distribution may be challenging or cricket isn't a major sport, then it stands to reason the game may be difficult for you to get and/or you may need to import it at a higher price.

sportzfan

School Cricketer
I wished the game was distributed at least to Amazon as all orders in Amazon over $35 is usually free shipping. I would prefer it to be in a physical store like gameStop to reduce the shipping time and possible shipping charges. I also hope that the game is not super expensive as even FIFA, 2K sports, MADDEN, etc are all $59.99 or under.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If you're reading between the lines, part of the delay from what I can tell is due to the distribution issues getting a worldwide release in certain countries. Either way, you'll have access to the game on Steam sooner than later anyways...

i may be making a mountain of a molehill, but i continue to be amazed at the lack of "availability" - in terms of pre-order etc. in the UK. what should be it's "second" biggest market and the game is simply invisible. GAME - our biggest gaming retailer - has pre-owned Cricket 07 on its site but no DBC pre-order, and there's nothing on amazon either.

i am sure the performance of our cricket team hasn't helped at all, but if it's been this difficult to get any visibility in the UK, i can't imagine the difficulties in countries where cricket is even more of a minority pursuit. (even so, if i was Big Ant/Tru Blu/HES i'd be sacking my UK distributor. it's very difficult to believe this game will go from zero pre-order visibility to strong sales in what, 7 weeks?)

p.s. if ross wants to forward me several thousand copies of the game i can set up an amazon retail account and get pre-orders going in no time.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
I also hope that the game is not super expensive as even FIFA, 2K sports, MADDEN, etc are all $59.99 or under.

Yes I am also hoping it to be less or equalling 60$, as most of the recent PS3/360 games( including NBA 2k14 ) have gone down in cost price with evloution of PS4/Xbox one in US. However, few PS3/360 quality games are still @ 59.99.

But yes, I have seen many games with 80-90US$ but they are all some special editions with additional features added along with regular game. For example, in our stores we distributed WWE2k14 phenom edition for 89$ for some time. So yeah, normal version should be around or less than 60$ & would be surprised if it goes even a dollar higher.

kasabian21

International Coach
i may be making a mountain of a molehill, but i continue to be amazed at the lack of "availability" - in terms of pre-order etc. in the UK. what should be it's "second" biggest market and the game is simply invisible. GAME - our biggest gaming retailer - has pre-owned Cricket 07 on its site but no DBC pre-order, and there's nothing on amazon either.

i am sure the performance of our cricket team hasn't helped at all, but if it's been this difficult to get any visibility in the UK, i can't imagine the difficulties in countries where cricket is even more of a minority pursuit. (even so, if i was Big Ant/Tru Blu/HES i'd be sacking my UK distributor. it's very difficult to believe this game will go from zero pre-order visibility to strong sales in what, 7 weeks?)

p.s. if ross wants to forward me several thousand copies of the game i can set up an amazon retail account and get pre-orders going in no time.

Agreed. There are games releasing in October and November that are available to pre-order on Amazon at the moment (!) along with numerous titles releasing between now and the end of March. I thought the fact there isn't an exact release date may be the reason for DBC14 not appearing, but AC13 was up for pre-order without a date for long time.

It would be great to get as specific an answer as is possible as it is baffling that its not available anywhere in the UK and you'd think to gain maximum exposure it'd be on Game and Amazon at the very least by now.

In both November and December there was over 24,000+ searches for 'Don Bradman Cricket 14' on Google UK. If there had been an Amazon product page for DBC14 it would have been in the top 3 results for that search term for sure (due to Amazon's authority in Google's eyes), which could have results in plenty of pre-orders and/or interest.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
All the posts about UK pre order availability is true, been waiting for amazon been checking every day but still nothing. I also emailed game stop a while ago with this reply:
Gyazo - 0299a5e4c39712db9ce662355b91417f.png :(

Yeah. Frankly in UK terms i personally think "end of march" has to be in doubt because it shouldn't be invisible if it will be on shelves in 7-8 weeks.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
With we have kept so much patience, it would be just few more weeks of patience I would believe.

Ross already did tell about Amazon's(retailer's) pre-orders,

Things will start happening over the next few weeks. I can't give anything more away than that there is a world tour about to begin.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah I wouldn't worry about it, no doubt the game will start appearing on websites in the coming weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread