Release in North America + Preorder Prices?

Will this game release in Canada or US? and Why are the pre order prices so high? A regular current gen game is usually $60... plus this game is releasing on current gen, not next gen... highest it should be is $60 and the lowest I found it online was $79... can someone find me a cheaper website? I really wanna buy this game but $80 for a current gen game is way too much

lol what are you complaining for? Aussies will be charged $80AUD odd - Americans, Canadians and the rest of the world will pay $49.99. :yes

Thats how it is, isn't it?

I wish MattW never hinted me onto this website.. Top Rip-offs ? /au ? SteamPrices.com .. so depressing.

I believe the #1 reason for lack of visual pre-order or purchase information, mainly in the UK is due to Ashes '13 scaring off the distributors.. at least that's what Ross has hinted at. Give it time.. it'll be there with plenty of notice I'm sure.

I wish MattW never hinted me onto this website.. Top Rip-offs ? /au ? SteamPrices.com .. so depressing.
Apparently Steam will be adding Australian Dollar pricing some time this year - which might make it so at least it's not US$80 that they are charging, as the dollar continues to collapse.

$50 would be a good price for this game.

----------

Then they can put it on sale (maybe 33% off for like $35 or even lower) after initial sales taper off. This would coincide well with the Steam summer sales in July.

A lot of impulse buyers would just buy it and you can make up on volume

It has been said numerous times now: whatever price you usually pay for a game in your country, for a legitimate copy, that is what you will pay! $50 seems extremely generous to me!! In the UK we'll pay around ?45 which is $90 (Aussie dollars) and about $75 US.

Last edited:
If you are referring to US$ there, going by the current market value - it should hit $59.99 during release & $45-50 after 3-4 months for PS3/360. That's how these games - NBA, WWE, GTA, Fifa went through here & I don't believe to have any difference exclusive for this game.

I was giving you an example of how much we pay compared to you! If you pay $60 normally that's what it'll be give or take whatever the store puts on top

Does anyone know if any Canadian retailers that will have this game? or will we have to order online? I kind of wanna have it on release day but I dont think eb games will have this game in store

Typical console games are $60 while PC games are $50 except for those that want to charge $60 and get away with it because they can. Like BF4, CoD, Skyrim, Dark Souls 2.

For this cricket game, I feel $50 is a good price for both console and PC to get adequate sales. Given it is releasing on Steam and close to steam sale date, many will just wait it out. Sure, people on these forums might buy it but thats like 100 people. We're talking about a market in hundreds of thousands or more.

So, make it $50 on console/PC. Get all the sales till Steam sale and then put it on sale to catch all those impulse buyers. (like me. I have over 180 games on Steam and I barely play them. I get them just *because* it is on sale. ;) )

Can we stop talking about the Australian dollar.. seeing how much it costs you guys to buy a game compared to how much it costs us makes me a sad panda.

Ross needs to move Big Ant to India.. take all his staff there as well, obviously, then pay them what the standard wage is in India.. make DBC #2 10 times better than DBC'14 and then is able to sell it for $20 AUS a copy and still mak a profit.. :thumbs

What australian dollar?
I was referring to my currency. The US $.

The problem with India is the ridiculous disregard for law and IP. If you make a game or a movie; in India it gets pirated even before it is out. That is crazy. People have no regard for the efforts it took someone to make a game.

lol what are you complaining for? Aussies will be charged $80AUD odd - Americans, Canadians and the rest of the world will pay $49.99. :yes

I asked EB Games on the weekend about the game. No release date, but in their computer the price is listed as $99.95 AUD.

My pre-order was about $99 so it's consistent...

My pre order was the same amount it costs for every other brand new game.

That should be enough said to cover every regions answer as to how much the game will cost.

I for one simply don't care as long as it doesn't cost me over 300. Trying to save some money to buy a wheel later in the year to play project cars

Users who are viewing this thread