Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Man that sucks big time. Hauritz is no murali. Four wickets in an over is plaint stupid :facepalm. Jazz can you try bowling with a leg spinner. I just want to see if the off-spinners are the only one with this divine gift in the game.

I have bowled with the leg spinner. Its only the off spinner to right handed batsman. Thats why soo many people have been able to get wickets with Hauritz and Swann.

I have bowled with the leg spinner. Its only the off spinner to right handed batsman. Thats why soo many people have been able to get wickets with Hauritz and Swann.

I don't think I will be bowling with an off spinner in test matches at least. Out goes saeed Ajmal. In comes kaneria (although i hate his bowling)

thanks spaga1994. but can we simulate 5 overs, 10 overs like we have in EA

played for about 1hr this morning before work
played ashes on hard , first up put australia into bat only bowled 33 overs and have them 166 for 9 :crying
i hope this is going to get better,
the ai is a bit of a worry :mad:

on the plus side had a great 20/20 online last night i lost but just a good game :D

65/1 in 4 overs

nimish_sach added 7 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

100/1 in 6.4 overs and the guy seems to have gone home!!! Ahh Effing quitters. If anyone here wants to a game please play with me

hey ill give you a game sometime T/20 perhaps add Andeeh :)

also i have put 50 runs on so far and strauss reached his 50

amazon is poor with pre orders

Hi
i have pre ordered PS3 ashes 2009 from amazon prime a month ago, still havent received the game on its release day :mad:, so much looking forward to it, i wish i ordered through shopto

I have only ever played Cricket 07 before and that was on the PS2 (for what it's worth- I actually like Cricket 07). So I am a bit of a novice at this really.

Having bought the PC version of Ashes Cricket 2009, I found the keys challenging initially. This was not helped by the manual appearing to tell me that I should be using #, ] and Enter to bat & bowl !!!!

Anyway, I reverted to using the directional keys as per the demo and have now got to grips with the keys.

After doing the basic tutorials I opted to play the first test at Cardiff on Normal.

Playing as England, I was bowled out for 118 in the first innings (perhaps my smash everything tactic was a bit suspect!!). Guess I will need to be far more defensive and tactical when batting the second innings.

Then I came into bowl. Although Anderson and Broad’s speeds are a bit suspect, I managed to use them to bowl quite well – 2 wickets each. One clean bowl, one infield catch and two catches in the slips (one at first slip). Flintoff on the other hand got smashed all over the place !!

What saved me was 6 (yes, 6) suicidal run outs from the AI Aussies. Innings ended with Aussies 197 all out.

Will play the second innings today.

Must say that I am finding playing the game enjoyable though. Although the graphics are a bit last gen and everybody has massive heids, it was deffo worth the ?17.99 I paid for it.

In agreement with most I think that Ashes Cricket 2009 is a solid start to a series of Transmission cricket games which hopefully will improve over time.

So – my main gripes are the same as everybody else really – Need a patch to correct the bowlers speeds and a patch (if possible) to sort the run out bug.

Quick question – Where are the crowd ?? I have seen more people at a Scotland v Canada Test Match at Mannofield than there are at Cardiff.

Is there a crowd in the game and am I just not picking them up graphically because I am running a very low end integrated graphics card ??

Cheers

D

End of my first innings v Aus on Hard. Batting is too easy, especially with tail enders in test matches.

I also included a picture of a day 2 pitch at cardiff, notice how cracks have appeared.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-07 10-49-40-81.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-07 10-49-40-81.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-07 10-49-38-07.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-07 10-49-38-07.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-07 10-49-29-35.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-07 10-49-29-35.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-07 10-28-19-42.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-07 10-28-19-42.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 121
Hey guys!!!

Just registered after reading this WHOLE thread over the last few days :spy

loved reading peeps matches and now I'll be buying this today!
I'll be on PS3 so if people wanna add me then plz do as I'm sure it's an easy win for ya all lol

TAG is onezeon (on ps3)
I'll try update on my games when I can play tonight etc :happy:banana2:happy

About the runout bug, Wealey88 had a good idea. Save often, so that if you do see the runout bug, all you have to do is reload! I know it's not perfect, but it'll do me until Transmission patch it.

i have to say im getting so sick of making it to 2/120 and then getting out to spinners. The second i mistime a defensive shot ive been caught by the keeper. Any tips

Hi
i have pre ordered PS3 ashes 2009 from amazon prime a month ago, still havent received the game on its release day , so much looking forward to it, i wish i ordered through shopto

Where do u live?
I have also pre ordered the ps3 version of the game, but they said that the item has been dispatched so I am expecting it to arrive in my mailbox next week as it will take 0-7 working days for it to arrive. I totally agree that amazon are poor at pre orders:doh

WOW!! guys great realism here!

20/20 Lee bowling to Flintoff... digs one in short Flintoffon the pull fine edge through to haddin like a bullet! like onions to ponting in the test!

In comes shah same ball same shot.. Haddin leaps in air just goes over the top and for 4!!

Awsome!!:banana2

Hi i got the game yesterday and played a test Aus v Eng for about 3 hours and have'nt been able to swing the ball yet, does anyone know how to swing the ball by adjusting the seam of the ball?

About the runout bug, Wealey88 had a good idea. Save often, so that if you do see the runout bug, all you have to do is reload! I know it's not perfect, but it'll do me until Transmission patch it.

Have they confirmed they are going to patch it?? As I dont think they will sort that out or any of the bugs - just a hunch I have

Users who are viewing this thread