Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

another lbw turned down, was definately hitting but think hit pad outside the line.

umpire moved his hand up... and checked the time

I can picture it now you starting to cheer then its a no ball!
Drama how we like it:D

its time for ponting to steady the ship. this is the real test for the game itself.

Christ do you people actually think that the game thinks like this? You're all deluded, making up stuff in your heads about batsmen 'settling in' - ITS ALL A BIT OF CODE! If they'd actually made AI that could think like you seem to believe, it'd be taken by bloody MI5. :doh

"Freddy inspired comeback"
"The crowd are up in arms"
"Hughes getting a little too confident"

I suppose I should let you have your fun, but its hard not to worry for some people's mental state :rtfl

Last edited:
Dropped Ponting, this time at gully, pressed the catch button too early whilst was orange and was put down. harmison was bowling

Christ do you people actually think that the game thinks like this? You're all deluded, making up stuff in your heads about batsmen 'settling in' - ITS ALL A BIT OF CODE! If they'd actually made AI that could think like you seem to believe, it'd be taken by bloody MI5.

Eeeeer mate he just meant in the game ponting should be better than others!.... therfore will be harder to get out!!

wealey88 added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Dropped Ponting, this time at gully, pressed the catch button too early whilst was orange and was put down. harmison was bowling

Massive let off for the baggy greens!

The fact that you're all just posting stories instead of moaning confirms that this is the game we've been waiting for!

I have an idea about defensive shots. I've posted it here, as well as the Wishlist thread, since this is where everyone is currently living! :laugh

How about if you press the defensive button as usual, with front or backfoot, but if you just tap it, you get an ordinary, safe defensive shot (so you can just drop the ball in front of you and go for that sneaky single), but if you hold it down, you push at the ball more, meaning that it could go further so you could get two, three, or with exceptional (I mean spot on) timing, four. But since you're pushing at it more, if you mess up the timing, you have a much better chance of edging it to the slips/keeper (of course, even the safe shot can be edged).

What do you guys think of that? :)

OUT!! Ponting 32(19) australia 73/3 from 10 overs

after he was dropped he went crazy and smashed me about everywhere

b flintoff played onto his own stumps

paradisekingy added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

The fact that you're all just posting stories instead of moaning confirms that this is the game we've been waiting for!

I have an idea about defensive shots. I've posted it here, as well as the Wishlist thread, since that's where everyone is currently living! :laugh

How about if you press the defensive button as usual, with front or backfoot, but if you just tap it, you get an ordinary, safe defensive shot (so you can just drop the ball in front of you and go for that sneaky single), but if you hold it down, you push at the ball more, meaning that it could go further so you could get two, three, or with exceptional (I mean spot on) timing, four. But since you're pushing at it more, if you mess up the timing, you have a much better chance of edging it to the slips/keeper.

What do you guys think of that? :)

sounds good, hold it and let go in time for a push id say

How about if you press the defensive button as usual, with front or backfoot, but if you just tap it, you get an ordinary, safe defensive shot (so you can just drop the ball in front of you and go for that sneaky single), but if you hold it down, you push at the ball more, meaning that it could go further so you could get two, three, or with exceptional (I mean spot on) timing, four. But since you're pushing at it more, if you mess up the timing, you have a much better chance of edging it to the slips/keeper.

What do you guys think of that?

Love it!.... however im not going to think of the next game.... untill iv exhausted this one! as it sounds top drawer!!

wealey88 added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

after he was dropped he went crazy and smashed me about everywhere

Be good if because you dropped him his confidence went up!!

stumped clark australia are 96/4

the run rate has gone up extremely high, quite unrealistic probably

ball starting to swing for swan

Users who are viewing this thread