Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

this last wicket partnership of thiers has lasted 60ish balls for 18 runs lol.

this shows they dont give it away.... so they must of gone nuts for um reasom.. prob cos of the lead!... im off to bed uv bin ledge m8!!

look 4ward to reading in morning wot happened!:happy

finally got siddle out 4(44) edged collingwood to first slip

i have a target of 298 with 3 and a half days left lol/

this is why they should have included rain delays so to mask the duration of innings, at least in england

im going bed, to conclude the best bit about this game

it makes me really want to go play a real match on sunday lol

You made this evening enjoyable I was pressing f5 all the time.
Have to wait till Thursday to get it though:(
Any way thanks paradisekingy :hpraise:banana2:clap

Christ do you people actually think that the game thinks like this? You're all deluded, making up stuff in your heads about batsmen 'settling in' - ITS ALL A BIT OF CODE! If they'd actually made AI that could think like you seem to believe, it'd be taken by bloody MI5. :doh

"Freddy inspired comeback"
"The crowd are up in arms"
"Hughes getting a little too confident"

I suppose I should let you have your fun, but its hard not to worry for some people's mental state :rtfl

Mate nothing against your comment it was just hype the thread. I know my self because i work in it industry :)............. It was just to make the actual thread more lively.

Guys, what has been your experience bowling spinners at the AI? In the demo, as soon as I put a spinner on, they kept going aerial and kept getting out because I went defensive field. Is that improved in the full game? Spinners are usually an 'insta-wicket' because all you need to do is surround them with close in fielders and sooner or later, they'll edge one. It's just as bad really if all you have to do is go defensive field and they'll keep trying to hit it out of the ground. I really hope that's been improved in the full game.

Also, speaking of the spinners, I didn't see any fields in the demo that looked like this:

images

images

See how there's a guy on each side? There was no such field setting in the demo and, since the AI must use one of the (many) predefinded fields, unless it's been changed for the full game, they'll never be able to use such a field (unless they can do custom fields, which I seriously doubt).

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Christ do you people actually think that the game thinks like this? You're all deluded, making up stuff in your heads about batsmen 'settling in' - ITS ALL A BIT OF CODE! If they'd actually made AI that could think like you seem to believe, it'd be taken by bloody MI5. :doh

"Freddy inspired comeback"
"The crowd are up in arms"
"Hughes getting a little too confident"

I suppose I should let you have your fun, but its hard not to worry for some people's mental state :rtfl

Surely it can't be that hard! For example, if the team is in a real hole such as 100/5 or something, how hard can it be to have the AI play less aggressively?

XBOX 360 Retail Copy!

Has anyone got their xbox 360 retail copy yet from any of the pre ordering services. Whether it is GAME, SHOPTO or Gameplay etc.

If anyone has already got their copy can you please post where did you buy it from and when did you pre-order it.

Many thanks

I've found the use of spinners to be an interesting experience.:):laugh

Just interesting. :D

I'm trying not to reveal too much until I can, which isn't too much longer, though I would love to say more now. Rest assured, you'll get a good read when I do.

I look forward to that review.

I mentioned this in another thread, but would a potential solution for the runout bug be to use manual fielding? You could just hold onto the ball for a few seconds before returning it to the keeper or bowler, allowing the batsmen to get back.

What about editing in the game????

Player creation, team changes?????

Tell us about the Customisation options, please...!!!:(

Did anyone test the Runout bug in a co-op mode?
This happens when your partner goes for a run while you stay in your crease, the game gives you out.

Also sometimes when there were no crossing during a catch, the players switch places. Is it still the issue?

finally got siddle out 4(44) edged collingwood to first slip

i have a target of 298 with 3 and a half days left lol/

this is why they should have included rain delays so to mask the duration of innings, at least in england

Hmmmm so 3 innings completed in 1.5 days? That's a bit of a worry imho

Users who are viewing this thread