Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Ahh i've figured it out, i had to press up or down on the right analogue stick.

so the people who have had this game for longer seem to be getting more realism out of it, so maybe the new people are just a bit over excited of getting ashes 2009 and rushing batting and bowling, perhaps?

Just worked it out, need to bowl what appears to be ridiculously full to keep them tight. I was bowling what is widely considered a good length, and was getting spanked. Makes sense now.....

I'm still waiting for mine to come in the post usually comes around 2-3 oclock......

This is annoying, no way to add extra swing and seam using my control pad. Only works on the keyboard.

Thats why i got an xbox 360 pc controller, works with absolutely any new game so i use it on fallout 3 and i'll use it for this.
I had a logitech dual action before but not many games fully support it.

Have you tried looking at pinnacle game profiler? people create their own layouts and configs for controllers and i believe it covers most games.
Add gamepad / joystick support to any game - Pinnacle Game Profiler

Tom

I got given out of a free hit there is no free hit in One Day Internationals. F*** Ridiculous I was going along nicely had a partnership of more than 50 rebuilding and than this happens.

Just worked it out, need to bowl what appears to be ridiculously full to keep them tight. I was bowling what is widely considered a good length, and was getting spanked. Makes sense now.....

Correct, u reli can keep it tight! dont forget you were bowling what they like in a powerplay!

Good length is too full but because of the bounce not being spot on! its a good lengh!

I found in the demo that I could bowl on a 'good' length and often get them in all sorts of situations. Have you tried using swingers/cutters on a good length?

By the way, is it the PC version you have?

Shopto, cancel play and order from shopto, you'll be playing it tomorrow. Same price.

Gas, are you saying that Shopto will do me a next day delivery for free? It sounds too good to be true, and yet, that's what they appear to be saying. I have a very good mind to cancel the play.com order and give these guys a go...

I have to say, I've had a look at their security system and it looks very secure indeed:

ShopTo.Net: Video Games, Consoles Games, Accessories - Free Delivery in Uk - Orders before 5.30pm dispatched Same Day -

It seems literally water-tight to me, why doesn't everyone use that system?

Also, they tell you about the ?1 'test' transaction - no-one I've shopped with before has mentioned it, they just take it off the card and don't refund it for ages. Apparently, theses guys refund immediately. So, has anyone ever had any delivery/security problems with Shopto, or do they know anyone who has?

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

A good length on the game happens to be alot fuller than you'd expect. I've just worked that out.

Nope, got it on PS3 mate.

I might be wrong, but I'm sure Lazy Chestnut released something last time that helped with the bounce in BLIC 2007. Do you remember anything like that?

Last edited:
A good length on the game happens to be alot fuller than you'd expect. I've just worked that out.

Nope, got it on PS3 mate.

Which pitch type are you bowling on?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

ShopTo offer first class recorded delivery for free.

Wow, I've never heard of a company doing that before. Recorded delivery - that means I'll have to make sure I'm up to sign for it, if I get it from there!!

Playing against Pakistan
100 for Raina! What a knock in the first game! India 225/7 at the end of 23.1 overs

Users who are viewing this thread